• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/25/2019 at 10:32 AM, angels4u said:

Greta  Thunberg claims to be able to “see” carbon dioxide in the air

At first, I thought this had to be a joke. Then I thought it must be some sort of misinterpretation. Sadly, no.

According to her mother Malena Ernman (48), 16-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg can see CO2 with the naked eye. She writes that in the book ‘Scenes from the heart. Our life for the climate’, which she wrote with her family.

Greta was diagnosed as a child with obsessive-compulsive disorder and Asperger’s syndrome, just like her younger sister Beata. The activist also has a photographic memory. She knows all the capitals by heart and can list all the chemical elements of the periodic table within one minute. In addition, she has another gift according to her mother.

“Greta is able to see what other people cannot see,” writes Malena Ernman in the book.

“She can see carbon dioxide with the naked eye. She sees how it flows out of chimneys and changes the atmosphere in a landfill.”

Of course, with a ~ 410 parts per million concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere, we know that is a physical impossibility. Carbon Dioxide is a colorless and odorless gas:

It also does not reflect or absorb any light within the light spectrum that humans can see. Even if Greta had some special ability to see into the near infrared, the absorption spectrum of CO2 is far removed from the human range of color sensitivity.

But, this claim underscores how bizarre her activism has become, and people seem to want to look the other way instead of questioning her abilities and cognitive understanding of the information she professes to know.https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/05/02/quote-of-the-week-greta-thunberg-claims-to-be-able-to-see-carbon-dioxide-in-the-air/

Opinions anybody? 

Did any of you read about her traveling to countries and warning them of what is to come if they don't get their act together, everybody seems to be taking in  by her speaking up about climate change... 

Is there some kind of conspiracy to push this whole climate- change thing  to get the world to listen to her?

Very twilight zoney.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

41 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Not to go off topic too much but are not all people born in sin  and therefore belong to the enemy? And what was Satan's plan for this world? It's him which can influence people to work for him to fulfill his plan for this world and he is using non -born again people and principalities of darkness to reach his goal,this world is under his influence and only if we are born again the chain is broken,if we become a child  of God we will be protected by the blood of Jesus and only the Holy Spirit will be in us,we might get oppress but not possessed. Can you see how the the enemy is using people to get what he wants?

Hi Angels,

thanks for your explanation.

I'm not into theology too much. Maybe it's right. After all, I'm not a prophet who can see how Satan is using specific people, so I have no idea.

However, my point was narrowing this down to one single person saying that Satan has a special occupation for her, which is my point of concern.

But Steve doesn't want to have this debate here in this thread, if I understand everything he has said. I mean... if narrowing down Satan's alleged plans and relationships to one single girl and if this is stepping too far or not.

Best regards,

Thomas

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

26 minutes ago, thomas t said:

Hi Angels,

thanks for your explanation.

I'm not into theology too much. Maybe it's right. After all, I'm not a prophet who can see how Satan is using specific people, so I have no idea.

However, my point was narrowing this down to one single person saying that Satan has a special occupation for her, which is my point of concern.

But Steve doesn't want to have this debate here in this thread, if I understand everything he has said. I mean... if narrowing down Satan's alleged plans and relationships to one single girl and if this is stepping too far or not.

Best regards,

Thomas

I'm not a prophet who can see how Satan is using specific people,

We have the Bible to prove we are all born in sin,including you.

Psalm 51:5

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

So what does this verse tells you?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

It's vexing for sure when it appears that the devil is having the upper hand for a little while, and we need to always remind and encourage ourselves in the Lord.  He has foretold all these things.....truth being thrown to the ground, good called evil and evil called good, etc, etc.  Everything is coming to pass exactly as He has foreseen and foretold.  And we don't need to be moved by any of it....but keep calm and carry on.....with the gospel and following Jesus, setting our faces like flint, looking neither to the right nor the left.  And preparing and purifying our hearts for His soon return.  Stay in His peace and in His rest, be stayed upon the Rock, resting in the knowledge that no matter what happens the Lord is on His throne and sovereignly bringing all His purposes and plans to pass.

When these things begin to happen, look up for our redemption draws nigh......and that is such good news!  Reminding ourselves that this world is not our home, we are just strangers passing through this short little life here....we have a kingdom and home that is not of this world and all eternity to live in it.  People of the world are lost sheep without a shepherd, so they turn to all these false shepherds who crop up on the scene who are no shepherds at all but are themselves also lost, the blind leading the blind, and in need of the Good Shepherd.

Psa 93:1-5

The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

The floods have lifted up, O LORD, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves.

The LORD on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea.

Thy testimonies are very sure: holiness becometh thine house, O LORD, for ever.

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

We have the Bible to prove we are all born in sin,including you.

Psalm 51:5

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

So what does this verse tells you?

Angels, so I was born in iniquity.

And then Jesus came.

... one last thing: if you would have said: Greta is used by the devil just like anyone else is (or at least some vast majority of people is).. I wouldn't have intervened at this point.

Regards,

Thomas.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, thomas t said:

And then Jesus came.

... one last thing: if you would have said: Greta is used by the devil just like anyone else is (or at least some vast majority of people is).. I wouldn't have intervened at this point.

Regards,

Thomas.

do you know her well enough to know that she's just being used or is doing so as joining him knowingly?     I ask because I was offered that option 40 years ago.   And it would have been a very lucrative deal had I said yes

1 hour ago, other one said:

do you know her well enough to know that she's just being used or is doing so as joining him knowingly?  

Hi other one

no.

Hi Appy,

I overlooked your post, Now I see it.

6 hours ago, appy said:

Your wanting people to see everyone else as such good people, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with any sins they are doing and so we shouldn't say anything about it

no, absolutely no. I neither say the one thing nor the other.

6 hours ago, appy said:

Your wanting people to see everyone else as such good people, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with any sins they are doing and so we shouldn't say anything about it.

I never said this.

Criticism on the subject level? Yes.

Regards,

Thomas

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, thomas t said:

And then Jesus came.

Regards,

Thomas.

And then Jesus came.

What do you mean?

5 minutes ago, angels4u said:

What do you mean?

that's really off topic now. But to answer your questions, I believe that Jesus saved me (like other Christians believe, too). I believe that when I converted, Jesus took my sin and burnt everything.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

On 10/15/2019 at 9:43 AM, appy said:

but about the climate movement itself;

7 hours ago, appy said:

The biblical definition for evil, is a wrong DEED, MORAL WRONG, also known as sinful behavior. It is not a person.  I gave you in my first post in this thread an example of what is meant in regards to how satan uses man for his own purposes in getting man to join in satan's rebellion. Satan was trying to prevent Jesus from dying on the cross. Why was that? Lets look at scripture

Hebrews 2: 14, 15 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death--that is, the devil-- and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

Satan did not want Jesus dying at the appointed time, as a matter of fact he tried to prevent Jesus from dying on the cross. Alright so how did satan use Peter for satan's own purpose? He used Peter for a mouthpiece to rebuke Jesus. Peter wasn't even aware that he was being used by satan. For all Peter knew, he was just thinking. 

In Matthew 16: 21 thru 23 Jesus began to explain what must soon take place in Jerusalem. Peter however, took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!"

Jesus' rebuke in the continuing conversation between Peter and Jesus was aimed at the real source of Peter's thoughts. The real source was not Peter's thoughts, but satan's words.

Jesus then says "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."

The above definitely does NOT mean Peter was linked to satan, as if the two are buddies and collaborating, and making Peter look evil; but that satan was speaking to Jesus through Peter. Notice that Jesus doesn't even address Peter, but satan.

When satan speaks to us, he has only one purpose: to do harm. Whether through discouragement, temptation, frustration, depression, or despair, his goal is always to divide us from God, to cripple our spiritual vitality, and prevent us from obeying and serving God.

We can hear God's voice, satan's voice or our own voice through our consciences, circumstances, or through the communication of other people. Satan certainly can influence and deceive people through ideals, opinions, goals, hopes, philosophies, education, commerce, ideas, thoughts, speculations, and false religion.

First of all, I never said the girl was being used for a for a special plan, nor did I say she was being used for a special occupation. As a matter of fact thomas, I never even posted anything about the girl. I said satan uses man for his own purposes, not “her”

the girl is not the only member of the climate movement, aka global warming movement. There are other people that are members also, The world's definition for evil is a depiction of a villain creating calamity, but this is NOT the bible's definition. People here are talking about spiritual matters not villains.