• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

On 9/24/2019 at 9:20 PM, BFOJ said:

I wrote this message a couple of days ago. I take it if you're reading this, you were left behind.  Think about this.  You're a parent of one or more young children, perhaps a baby, perhaps a toddler.  You're not a Christian or you thought you were.  Here today you are shocked, crying, feeling so hopeless because your children are no longer here.  They were raptured yesterday.  You scream out their names, you run from room to room looking for them but they are not to be found.  OMG, why have you forsaken me? I went to church, I went to the altar, the Deacon prayed over me, the Pastor told me I was a Child of God, so why am I still here?  I tithed, I was in the choir, I never missed a morning in Sunday School, why, oh why Lord am I still here?  Crickets.  Don't let this be you.

If the rapture happened yesterday then Jesus would be here ruling.  Sounds good to me.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/21/1950

9 hours ago, saved34 said:

I’m criticizing your scenario. Would you personally stand before the Lord in your own self righteousness? ‘I went to church, I paid tithe, etc’? 

Its only by his grace that anyone is saved. The renewed heart understands this and would simply fall at the feet of Jesus Christ for mercy. Those counting on their own righteousness will plead all kinds of things that they have done for him and he will tell them depart from me.  

Luk 18:10  "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.

Luk 18:11  The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector.

Luk 18:12  I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

Luk 18:13  "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

Luk 18:14  "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

Being left behind is an impossibility for a child of God. It is 100% reality to not be included in the rapture for people like you described. They are not saved to begin with.

You and a couple of others have misunderstood what I wrote.  I wasn't speaking about me, I was speaking of someone who was left behind was either not a Christian or just thought they were but they were not since they didn't get raptured.  I was not referring to myself as having been unsaved and the scenario obviously hasn't happened yet but may come to be.  At no time have I thought or said I will stand in my own righteousness.

Edited by BFOJ
correction
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

If the rapture happened yesterday then Jesus would be here ruling.  Sounds good to me.

Not true.  The Rapture is not the 2nd Coming.  Please revisit the Word and clear up your confusion.

46 minutes ago, lovethelord said:

Hi BFOJ,

If I'm reading your post currently, not sure how you feel the rapture happened already? God in His Word gives us some important signs that will happen before the proceeding of the rapture that will make it beyond clear to believers that they are from God.

• Matthew 24:36-39, "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

Of course the rapture has not occurred otherwise some of us wouldn't be here posting.  I offered a possible scenario of what might take place AFTER the rapture happened. 

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Wow. Not even your pastor was raptured? What is this world coming to? Wait. If the rapture happened yesterday, how come both of us are still here? 

You missed the point of my post.  I was projecting a possible scenario at some time in the future, not that it's already happened.  FYI, there are websites that offer Christians to send emails and posts before the Rapture so that they can be sent after the Rapture to the unsaved so the unsaved will know why the sender of the email or the post is no longer on earth.  Personally, I would not partake of such website offerings.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

5 minutes ago, BFOJ said:

I offered a possible scenario of what might take place AFTER the rapture happened. 

BFOJ,

I think by some of the comments you received in the beginning of the thread you could have spelled that our more clearer.  I don't personally find it useful to speculate because the Bible tells all Believers what we "need" to know after the rapture.

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

Welcome to Worthy brother, I understood you were just putting in black and white what the "Left Behind" movie was saying.

That's the way it is here, ...creating battles, ...sometimes between brothers and sisters and some times by people being used by the devil to cause confusion. Mark 8:3

Lord bless

My post was not based on the "Left Behind" movie.  I appreciate your response on the battles matter, but my hope was this Christian forum was different than others I've joined.  It's a real shame when Christians can't share their beliefs without being mocked or attacked.  When I used to be a FaceBook member, I did find one such forum, was hoping to find one elsewhere since I won't be rejoining FB.  :(

1 minute ago, DustyRoad said:

This is understood --- now. The original post was more than a little misleading, BFOJ. Instead of firing a retort at everyone who was confused, perhaps you ought to acknowledge that your intentions weren't clear from the beginning? No one could distill your motives from the original post.

Thank you for your response, you are correct on all points.  My post could have been more clear and obviously some were confused, but others were not, they understood the gist of my point. I will disagree that my responses to those confused were a retort, more so a clarification.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

On 9/25/2019 at 1:12 PM, Sonshine☀️ said:

-- Continued from above…

1 Thessalonians 4:17:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Indeed, in this verse Paul uses the word “clouds” as a metaphor for a great body of people, just as he did in Hebrews 12:1, where he stated, “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.”  Paul was referring to the “tens of thousands of His saints” that return with Christ at His second advent.The Greek word “aer”, which is the actual word used in this verse, simply refers to the breath of life from the Lord – the very same spiritual breath our heavenly Father breathed into Adam in Genesis 2:7.  Aer is not the Greek word for sky, ouranos (Strong’s G-3772) which literally means the sky or the heavens. 

Dear @Sonshine☀️ it’s fine not to believe in the rapture but your interpretation here is an incredible stretch. If we used that method of interpretation for all scripture we would be in serious trouble. 

This is not metaphorical at all. It is literal. Just like Christ literally left and went into literal clouds, in literal air, he promised he would come back for his own in the same way. You know as well as I that the Greek word aer is also used to speak of the air that surrounds the earth. The word nephelē means literal clouds. 

Act 1:9  After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

Act 1:10  They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them.

Act 1:11  "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

When our Lord comes in Judgement he will bring us with him.

Rev 19:14  The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

Jud 1:14  And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Jud 1:15  To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Rev 17:14  These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

These are two distinct events. The rapture where the saints(living or dead) receive their glorified bodies, and the Lord coming in his final judgment on the world with his saints. 
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, lovethelord said:

BFOJ,

I think by some of the comments you received in the beginning of the thread you could have spelled that our more clearer.  I don't personally find it useful to speculate because the Bible tells all Believers what we "need" to know after the rapture.

I've yet to meet a Christian that did not speculate in one form or the other whether it be to a lesser or greater degree.  Not all Believers agree on what the Bible says in regards to the matter of a Rapture as has been proven in this thread and the many other posts we've all come across whether it be online or elsewhere.  We can't even agree whether there will be a Rapture or whether "cloud" is literal or not.