• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/21/1950

I wrote this message a couple of days ago. I take it if you're reading this, you were left behind.  Think about this.  You're a parent of one or more young children, perhaps a baby, perhaps a toddler.  You're not a Christian or you thought you were.  Here today you are shocked, crying, feeling so hopeless because your children are no longer here.  They were raptured yesterday.  You scream out their names, you run from room to room looking for them but they are not to be found.  OMG, why have you forsaken me? I went to church, I went to the altar, the Deacon prayed over me, the Pastor told me I was a Child of God, so why am I still here?  I tithed, I was in the choir, I never missed a morning in Sunday School, why, oh why Lord am I still here?  Crickets.  Don't let this be you.

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

There is no Rapture

Rapture people would have us believe there are 3 times that Jesus comes to Earth

the first time

the Rapture

and then at the end of the world

that is not biblical. And that is not even the only reason I say there is no Rapture.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/21/1950

You have every right to believe what you wish.  I offer the following that even if you don't accept what this man presents, perhaps others might.

The Timing of the Rapture (Ron Rhodes)
https://christinprophecy.org/sermons/ron-rhodes-on-the-rapture/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

46 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Is this passage one of the reasons you say there is no rapture?  Specifically verse 17? 

1Th 4:13  But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I would have to check this out in my own Bible, the version I trust most. Yes, I have read something like this before. But I don't make a whole belief-system out of one passage in the Bible. As you may know Catholics do not go by Scripture alone. TRADITION came before the Bible. The Bible as we know it did not exist until 1440 when the printing press was invented and even then, very few could afford one. What was going on in Christianity before the 15th century? nothing? because no one had his/her own personal Bible?

I know you don't believe that.. that nothing was going on.

Before then we had the CHURCH

The Churches all had Bibles

they were so expensive, they had to be tied to the pulpit or some other way had to be made to safe guard them. And the people heard the Word every day. The Catholic Church is the only one i know of that has Mass every day (not on Monday in most parishes, to give the priest a break).

Did Jesus actually trust those priests to give the parishioners the truth about Jesus?

well, Jesus said that He would build His Church and the gates of Hell would not prevail against it. Luther did not prevail... Zwingli and Calvin did not prevail. The Catholic Church remains because Jesus promised it would

as I said elsewhere

when some worldly leader threatened a pope (I think this was centuries ago) to destroy the Catholic Church, the pope told him "If the Catholics have not destroyed it, neither will you"  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, createdequal said:

TRADITION came before the Bible.

Wonder where all those 'traditions' came from, as a tradition had to start at some time.
The word of God was around before any pope.
Give us a break. Notice the OP below

"If the Rapture happened yesterday"
This is the topic being discussed, so why not be a
little courteous and to stick to the subject. 
Please.
mea culpa...........

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

I agree with what you say will happen with the children, ...that the mother won't find her young children no matter where she searches, ...however, might I add to your story, ...what she will find is their blood drenched clothes:

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  1 Cor 15:50

Which will probably drive her crazy to the point of a mental melt down.

Lord bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, BFOJ said:

I wrote this message a couple of days ago. I take it if you're reading this, you were left behind.  Think about this.  You're a parent of one or more young children, perhaps a baby, perhaps a toddler.  You're not a Christian or you thought you were.  Here today you are shocked, crying, feeling so hopeless because your children are no longer here.  They were raptured yesterday.  You scream out their names, you run from room to room looking for them but they are not to be found.  OMG, why have you forsaken me? I went to church, I went to the altar, the Deacon prayed over me, the Pastor told me I was a Child of God, so why am I still here?  I tithed, I was in the choir, I never missed a morning in Sunday School, why, oh why Lord am I still here?  Crickets.  Don't let this be you.

That is a very sad thought. Millions are missing and you are still here on earth. :(

5 hours ago, Cletus said:

Is this passage one of the reasons you say there is no rapture?  Specifically verse 17? 

1Th 4:13  But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

It won't work. Those who do not believe in the rapture of the Church have their mind set that it is false doctine :huh:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

I agree with what you say will happen with the children, ...that the mother won't find her young children no matter where she searches, ...however, might I add to your story, ...what she will find is their blood drenched clothes:

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  1 Cor 15:50

Which will probably drive her crazy to the point of a mental melt down.

Lord bless

Where in the Bible does it say that the clothes of the children that went in the rapture will be drenched in blood? I don't buy that. Their body has gone to heaven but it was resurrected. No blood drenched clothes will be left by anyone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Dear one, it doesn't say in the New Testament that children will be taken in the Rapture, ...but we have a hint that  it is the heart of God that they be taken in the reason why He repented of destroying Nineveh. 

We also have a clue when Jesus told His disciples that a spirit does not have flesh and bone, 

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.  Luke 24:39

Notice He didn't say flesh and blood, ...His blood was drained out of Him at the Cross.

Also we have other clues in John 3:6:

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

and

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.  1 Cor 15:50-54

While in our physical bodies:

...the life of the flesh is in the blood: Lev 17:11

But in our new bodies our life is the Holy Spirit:

And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever; John 14:16

...think about this:

And He led them out as far as to Bethany, and He lifted up his hands, and blessed them. And it came to pass, while He blessed them, He was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.  Luke 24:50-51

Men need special suits to protect them when they journey outside of the earth's atmosphere and go to the Moon or they will die, ...Jesus went way past the Moon when He went to Heaven and He's alive today almost 2,000 years later, ...and our new bodies will be like His, ...so we must ask the question, ...what happens to our blood when our bodies are transformed into a body like the Second Adam?

I'm just connecting the dots hypothetically, ...like the OP, ...we won't know for certain until we are Raptured, ...and I believe that will be very soon.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1