• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, RuthAnn said:

I do believe that our walks with God are personal and thus the lack of presence of your husband should not diminish or eliminate your closeness with God.

I wonder what is it that makes you feel closer to God when your husband is around? Do you read scripture together? Pray together? Serve in the same activities at church or attend the same Bible study? Do you serve the Lord in any way on your own? The focus should be on God and not on the presence of your husband.

I think you are asking this question because God is tugging at your heart and is telling you you need to have a personal walk with God just the two of you. Not God, your husband, and you. Just you and God.

My husband and I do bible study together every night, every morning we pray and worship together (Our voices are HORRIBLE lol) and pray together every night before bed. We also try to pray during the day together and regularly talk bible together

We have no way to get to a 'church' due to my disability so this is OUR church as there are 2 of us :-)

we do have a very strong marriage and strong love for each other

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/25/1985

3 minutes ago, ladyalaska said:

My husband and I do bible study together every night, every morning we pray and worship together (Our voices are HORRIBLE lol) and pray together every night before bed. We also try to pray during the day together and regularly talk bible together

We have no way to get to a 'church' due to my disability so this is OUR church as there are 2 of us :-)

we do have a very strong marriage and strong love for each other

That's what I suspected, everything is done together. Just my 2 cents but I think it would be incredibly beneficial if you both spent some time with God alone. That may help with your concerns and will help you grow in your relationship with God (same with your husband.)

It's wonderful and refreshing that you have such a strong relationship and love with your husband. You must now also build that much strength in your relationship with God. Your relationship with Him is separate from your relationship with your husband.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,528
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Lady Alaska, I felt the same as you when my husband was alive.  But I recognized that it was the Father's love that lived in my husband, and that was why I felt closer.  Also, my husband was my prayer partner and I loved the way the Spirit would move on each of us inspiring the others prayers.  I miss that part of my life terribly.  Yet since he has been gone God has not let me down but continually encourages me.  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 9/24/2019 at 7:41 PM, ladyalaska said:

My husband and I are on the same journey in our walk with Christ. We are  trying to grow in our relationship with Him.

I'm house and bed bound and he is out and about working (our job allows us to work at home) and when he's gone I try to pray etc and I know the Lord is w/me but I don't feel as close to Him unless my husband is home   and I mean literally I feel closer to the Lord as soon as my hubby walks in.

Is this normal?

I don't know. I've never been married. I always feel close to the Lord. Remember what Paul taught us: Pray constantly (1 Thess 5:17).

• Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

In 1 Corinthians 7, Concerning Married Life, Paul talks about how in marriage our interests are divided between worldly matters and pleasing God. Perhaps that is the predicament you are experiencing.

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 9/25/2019 at 3:41 AM, ladyalaska said:

My husband and I are on the same journey in our walk with Christ. We are  trying to grow in our relationship with Him.

I'm house and bed bound and he is out and about working (our job allows us to work at home) and when he's gone I try to pray etc and I know the Lord is w/me but I don't feel as close to Him unless my husband is home   and I mean literally I feel closer to the Lord as soon as my hubby walks in.

Is this normal?

Spirituality is individual. Just remember that in heaven people do not marry and the only partner we have is God through Jesus. You could take advantage of the situation and do what me and my family used to do. We used to sing church songs and pray together often. My family were the first ones to cast a demon out of me. It took 5 people to cast it out, i fainted and felt drowsy for a good 3 minutes, i was only 14 years old. Because of that moment i always remember my family in my prayers. Weekly