Salvation

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I know God loves me.  I’m pretty sure I’m not born again.  I openly admit I love my sin more than God.  I believe that’s what’s truly preventing me from being born again.  I don’t know what else to do except ask him.   I’m tired of the pain .    Ask Him to help me to love him more than my sin that is .

Edited by Tyler22

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 25 September 2019 at 1:49 PM, Tyler22 said:

I know God loves me.  I’m pretty sure I’m not born again.  I openly admit I love my sin more than God.  I believe that’s what’s truly preventing me from being born again.  I don’t know what else to do except ask him.   I’m tired of the pain .    Ask Him to help me to love him more than my sin that is .

Repentance means a real sorry for an act/atitutde etc.

So if you genuinely are sorry for your sin and genuinly intend to turn away from it, there is nothing stopping you from asking Jesus to be your Lord and Saviour.

May I suggest two things.

1, think about what 'Lord' means. Do some medevil reasearch into what a 'Lord' could do.

For that is whjat you are doing saying Jesus is MY Lord. That he not I has authority over the life I live.

If you cannot accept that don't go down that route.

2. Start attending a church in your area that preaches and practises what the bible teaches.

Again if you are not prepared to join in with a church don't start praying to Jesus.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

On 9/25/2019 at 8:49 AM, Tyler22 said:

Tyler,

Are you still around? If so when you fall into sin do you know you are sinning, and feel guilty about committing that sin? If So, this is conviction which comes from the Holy Spirit. The fact that there is pain tells me the Holy Spirit is at work in your life. 

We all sin and fall short in this regard, as we all are still occupying our sinful flesh. But if we have no desire to do the sin, but we do so in weakness it shows God is at work in your life.

I want you to read Romans chapter 7 really carefully, see if you see yourself in there. this is a hard passage even for lifelong Christians to comprehend fully, but those who have offended God more with their sinful past and have a deeper pit to climb out of will be able to see the full meaning and implication of this. If You have received Jesus with your heart (not your mind) he will be at work in you in this way beginning the process of progressive sanctification. Think of it this way, when you are saved all your sins are forgiven, past present and future. You are seen as righteous, because the righteousness of Christ Jesus has been given to you. You receive the Holy Spirit as an earnest (down payment) within you, and then he begins to work in you to clean you from the inside out to change your heart from wicked to righteous. This is a lifelong process in every believer. Some take big steps at first and little ones later, Others take many small steps but there is progress in this direction, because when you sin, but hate the sin you are committing, God is working in you, sanctifying you. Do you understand this? 

Being Born again is being born of the Spirit, if you go on to read romans 8 this will then explain this better, and how we can learn to walk by the Spirit. I Encourage you to start reading the Word of God, and be willing to learn. We here can give advice and help you along the way, but the Holy Ghost will be your teacher.