• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 9/25/2019 at 4:12 PM, TRlover said:

I have a wonderfully great job and the boss is Awesome!  He is a born again Believer.   But yesterday after messing up with some numbers something i am usually good with; will I had 2 pieces of paper this morning which somehow stuck  together it was just to strange of a mistake and after this it all just went downhill, I just really feel like a walking MISTAKE!

Talk to my boss about it; he told me I was being to hard on myself, he liked my work.  I really like the job but like I told him I can’t even tape a box right!

Thinking of talking to the Temp Agency; about getting another job next week.  I dread going in to work tomorrow afraid to see what other mistakes I    will make.

I agree you are being too hard on yourself.   Remember "forgetting the things which are behind, press on towards the high mark of the calling of God in Christ Jesus."  Try to forget your mistakes in the past, and just try to do a better job one day at a time.   Remember the Lord has forgiven you...and so has your boss!

Sounds like a very good place to work!

psalm-27-14-popular.jpg.0ffc45aae7d7360b136a66d04d9a6dcb.jpg

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 9/25/2019 at 6:12 PM, TRlover said:

I have a wonderfully great job and the boss is Awesome!  He is a born again Believer.   But yesterday after messing up with some numbers something i am usually good with; will I had 2 pieces of paper this morning which somehow stuck  together it was just to strange of a mistake and after this it all just went downhill, I just really feel like a walking MISTAKE!

Talk to my boss about it; he told me I was being to hard on myself, he liked my work.  I really like the job but like I told him I can’t even tape a box right!

Thinking of talking to the Temp Agency; about getting another job next week.  I dread going in to work tomorrow afraid to see what other mistakes I    will make.

things happen TRlover…   if you are working up to your potential you will occasionally make a mistake...  sounds like you discovered your mistake and fixed it.....   that's the way life is.   everyone makes mistakes but the really good workers realize that and repair them as they go.....   the problem ones are those who never realize or admit they never make a mistake and their mistakes never get resolved until it's too late to fix them....    If it is a great job then just put your heart into it and watch for things not looking right and you can fix your mistakes and maybe others also...   I agree with your boss, chill out and enjoy your work.   If you keep going you will grow to hate this good job you have and that would be your biggest mistake.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/25/2019 at 4:12 PM, TRlover said:

You can learn....right? I think you are being too critical of yourself as well. Don't be a quitter. Are you a perfectionist? They won't except a job unless it is perfect. There is really no such thing as perfect. So forgive yourself and move on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So this morning came in with a wonderful attitude but after a major blunder feeling lower than a pile of manure.  Yes I know no one is perfect; but I feel like I make way to many major blunders.

So today after a very short day at work and long week of troubles of which the worst was were i am sure I followed God’s command just to get slap like a bug I went to Express Services to check out getting another job.  Probably be a good week more of having to work at my current job.

So after about 5 days of thinking I would get another job; i’m so sure I heard God’s voice telling me to stay; ok no problem don’t want to get in a fight with God.

And for the 2nd time in about a week i’m sure I obey His voice just to get will the only way I can put it is sucker punch.  So sure I understood and obeyed and something terrible happened both times.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, May I offer a thought or two?

Individuals that think on after work and away from work place issues while at work tend to also think of work issues while at home or away from work.

So they do not do a great job at either work  or home. Problems with both then compound and both tend to fall apart.

Make sure that is not what  you may be doing. Keep working at work, and tend to home life when home, is my suggestion for consideration.

May God bless in all your efforts.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10

Many mistakes are preventable. I deal with this situation on a daily basis. Believe it or not, because you have experienced mistakes in your job, you have clues as to how to prevent them. Without knowing anything about your job, or the mistake, write down “5 whys” regarding how the mistake happened, and you will get to the root cause. Then figure out how to prevent the mistakes. If you need an example I will be happy to provide one. 

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 9/26/2019 at 12:12 AM, TRlover said:

Just remain focused on not making that mistake again. You will make mistakes at work, listen to what your boss says, if your boss is understanding then listen to him and always believe in his support.