breathoflife

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

not 90 times the word translated fulfilled is the same word used in Luke 22: 16 and somehow this one verse is the only one fulfilled translates into the opposite meaning.  Are there any other verses that have an exact opposite of what the Lord claimed one thing but really meant the exact opposite? I have yet to hear this in almost 70 years of life most of it following His Word. 

Edited by breathoflife

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

Just now, breathoflife said:

90 times the word translated fulfilled is the same word used in Luke 22: 16 and somehow this one verse is the only one fulfilled translates into the opposite meaning. Fulfilled translates as fulfilled. Are there any other verses that have an exact opposite of what the Lord claimed one thing but really meant the exact opposite? I have yet to hear this in almost 70 years of life most of it following His Word. 

What Verse are you talking about. Luke 22:16.... That being said, Did Jesus Die and not become a King? He became a King of a Spiritual Kingdom. The earthly Kingdoms are still ruled By Satan who is the god of this world, Until the time when he is finally deposed. This verse was spoken before the crucifixion therefore Passover was yet to be fulfilled, when he was crucified, he fulfilled the Law and the requirements thereof, stating "It is finished." In the Matthew Passage that parallels this passage Jesus Said the following when the disciples pulled out sword to defend against Jesus being taken away But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be? (Matt. 26:54)

The Word used here is Pleroo again the same as Luke 22:16, meaning the fulfillment of these things will be on the cross. Jesus is our Passover Lamb, and if you have missed this then you have missed the Whole Gospel. A New Testament cannot take effect until the death of the Testator occurs, which happened several days following the last supper. Thus the Kingdom of God was fulfilled Spiritually in Heaven, and then will be in the future on Earth, when the Kingdoms of this world become the Kingdoms of our LORD. This being Part of the LORD's Prayer... 

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)

Which will occur at the last Trump....

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Rev. 11:15)

One of the Greatest mistakes in studying the NT is that there are two Kingdoms spoken of, One a Heavenly Spiritual one, the Other an earthly physical one. So Luke 21 is speaking of the Physical Earthly Kingdom, but Luke 22 is speaking of the Heavenly Spiritual Kingdom. The two are clearly delineated in the Lord's Prayer. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

14 minutes ago, Da Puppers said:

The context of Luke 22:30 is the kingdom that the Father has appointed to Jesus. 

Luk 22:29-30 KJV    And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

If you were trying to say that the kingdom of God has already come,  it has not.   The disciples will sit upon their thrones when Jesus receives the kingdom that the Father has appointed to Jesus.   When is that?  The collective answer is found in the following two verses:

Mat 25:31 KJV    When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 19:28 KJV    And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

As I have already pointed out,  the kingdom of God does not come UNTIL the whole of the Olivet Discourse is fulfilled.   Matthew and Mark equates the coming of the kingdom (in the parable of the fig tree) to the day and hour that no man knows...Christ coming with the kingdom. 

Luk 21:31-33 KJV    So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Mat 5:17-18 KJV    Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Fulfilment does not equate to passing away.   Jesus said that not one part of the law and the prophets should pass away until all of it is fulfilled AND heaven and earth has passed away.   The Leviticus laws are perpetual throughout 'your' generations,  wherever the children of Israel shall dwell.   The Deutoronomy laws pertain to Israel dwelling in their land,  in regards to required worship "in the place where God has placed his name".  The laws in Numbers pertains to when the children of Israel are dwelling in the wilderness.   The children of Israel will not receive the promised land as an everlasting,  never ending possession,  until heaven and earth has passed away. 

Be Blessed 

fulfilled definition from Websters:

Definition of fulfill

transitive verb

1a : to put into effect : execute He fulfilled his pledge to cut taxes.
b : to meet the requirements of (a business order) Their order for more TVs was promptly fulfilled.
c : to measure up to : satisfy She hasn't yet fulfilled the requirements needed to graduate.
d : to bring to an end she came to install herself and fulfill her time at the house— Willa Cather
2a : to develop the full potentialities of He has a lot of talent, but he hasn't really fulfilled his potential.
b : to convert into reality a sense of the failure of life to fulfill its ultimate expectations— Leslie Rees
3 archaic : to make full : fill her subtle, warm, and golden breath … fulfills him with beatitude— Alfred Tennyson

From Strong's Concordance of Pleroo, the Word in Question.
  1. to make full, to fill up, i.e. to fill to the full

1. to cause to abound, to furnish or supply liberally

1. I abound, I am liberally supplied

2. to render full, i.e. to complete

1. to fill to the top: so that nothing shall be wanting to full measure, fill to the brim

2. to consummate: a number

1. to make complete in every particular, to render perfect

2. to carry through to the end, to accomplish, carry out, (some undertaking)

3. to carry into effect, bring to realisation, realise

1. of matters of duty: to perform, execute

2. of sayings, promises, prophecies, to bring to pass, ratify, accomplish

3. to fulfil, i.e. to cause God's will (as made known in the law) to be obeyed as it should be, and God's promises (given through the prophets) to receive fulfilment 

It is Obvious that fulfillment has to do with the completion of one thing DEFINITIONALLY. Syntax and Grammar demand this. Unfortunately we are getting to the point where grammar and common sense is being questioned by the Post modern mindset. Sorry, But I disagree. Jesus is our Passover Lamb and He Fulfilled the feast, which was a "Shadow" of the good things to come. Yes we will continue to celebrate the Passover, as a remembrance of Him... 
And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. (1 Cor. 11:24-25)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I am not trying to be argumentative no matter how many definitions, the Lord said I will not eat of it again until it finds its fulfillment another time than this night. The Lord did not say it might not be fulfilled He said it would not. The Passover was used that night that it’s fulfillment was something other than the cross. That was and is and will be the Wedding Supper of the Lamb. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

16 hours ago, breathoflife said:

I find almost no commentators that try and show that what the Lord said is not what He meant. Here is the verse with strong's numbers listed: 22:16 For 1063 I say 3004 5719 unto you 5213, 3754 I will 5315 0 not 3765 any more 3364 eat 5315 5632 thereof 846 1537, until 2193 3755 it be fulfilled 4137 5686 in 1722 the kingdom 932 of God 2316.  

These resources are easy enough to search by chapter and verse. 

Adam Clarke Commentary (Luke 22:16)

Until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God - That is, until that of which the passover is a type is fulfilled in my death, through which the kingdom of God, or of heaven, (See Matthew 3:2;), shall be established among men.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

On 10/4/2019 at 7:05 PM, breathoflife said:

Please explain His denial of it being fulfilled and that it would be fulfilled in heaven when He partook of it again. Obviously something other than His sacrifice would fulfill it. The Passover would be fulfilled when the Bridegroom would finish what He began that night with His betrothal I will get you the passage of Him denying it was fufilled

BofL, can we please just follow the scripture? Are you forgetting what Paul wrote, or have you overlooked it?

1 Corinthians 5:7  Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Perhaps you just have not understand whatever verse you think Jesus denied being the passover lamb: show us the verse.

Did you know that the Sadducees and Pharisees  had DIFFERENT DAYS for their Passover (so I have read.) Jesus could very well have had the Passover dinner and then died the next day at the very time the Passover lambs were sacrificed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

On 10/5/2019 at 7:24 PM, breathoflife said:

I am not trying to be argumentative no matter how many definitions, the Lord said I will not eat of it again until it finds its fulfillment another time than this night. The Lord did not say it might not be fulfilled He said it would not. The Passover was used that night that it’s fulfillment was something other than the cross. That was and is and will be the Wedding Supper of the Lamb. 

Paul disagrees with you:

1 Corinthians 5:7  Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: