• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

I can totally relate to the question

I don't know about anyone else, but you can hear those words, and we do lot in church,  that God and Jesus loves me, BUT, for me it was a long process to actually connect to not only those words but the whole overwhelming idea of the Creator loving me, and it took even longer to actually even begin to love God.

To this day, it still totally blows mw away after over 40 years, that God loves me. I find it mind boggling.

But, after traveling this long pathway of faith, God in His "AMAZING GRACE and LOVE being patient with me and many times stepping into my life answering prayers, and performing astounding miracles, and sometimes very quiet miracles, has overwhelmingly proved to me not only His love for me, but proved to me the love He has for my loved ones I pray for, and friends, Christian and not, that I pray for. What a Glorious God we have the privilidge of knowing, and calling Father - ASTOUNDING !!

No matter how long it takes to answer that question, stay with God  - stay with all you insecurities - all your doubts - all your questions, because I know personally that God will eventually wipe all your doubts away with His FABULOUS and GRACIOUS LOVE for you, and you'll have no doubt ever again that He loves you.

Beyond any shadow of doubt - I KNOW HE LOVES ME (I'm not shouting :) - but I probably should be shouting to the roof tops in excitement).

Anyway, my 2 cents - Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Sometimes it dose not feel like he dose will all the stuff that goes on in my life. Sometimes I think I have to "win" his favor. His Blessings. Except I don't know what it is I am suppose to do to win that. :b:

Sweet Sister, I think so many of us have felt this way, I know I have. I've often asked the age old question of "WHY?" when my heart was once again shattered by this life we're called to live. I can tell you that He isn't One to make us win His favor or blessings, we would never be able to earn anything from Him. We don't have to work for the good things He's promised us. They are ours simply because we are IN CHRIST. We all endure seasons of the valley but if we weren't made to go through them we'd never truly appreciate the mountain tops, and without the fire we'd never be properly refined. He's working on your behalf all the time, even when it seems like He isn't. He's a way maker, miracle worker, and a promise keeper; but most importantly He is your Father and He loves you with an everlasting love that sees the beginning from the end. Don't be discouraged by today's situations and losses. I pray that our Lord would envelope you today with His Spirit and remind you that you, Lady Kay, are treasured by the King of Kings and Lord of Lord's. That you are His beloved, and His promises are yes and amen for YOU. Whatever you need, He has it, and in the right moment He will pour out His blessing over you. Hang on and hold fast to Him, sweet sister. <3 :emot-hug:

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Sometimes it dose not feel like he dose will all the stuff that goes on in my life. Sometimes I think I have to "win" his favor. His Blessings. Except I don't know what it is I am suppose to do to win that. :b:

crown.jpg

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I tend to believe that these periods when we struggle ultimately bring us closer to God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

LadyKay,

You already have "won" his favor when he chose before the foundations of the world. Simply bask in his love for you. When Jesus said, "Father. Why have you forsaken me"? What did God say? Nothing. There was no answer. By the same faith entrusted to us, Jesus simply trusted his Father. :)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

The easiest way, is to think well for ourselves, it is the selfishness that is in us. Heaven and it's correct good ways, is as far from our hearts as the earth is distance from heaven, which is eternal, so let it sink into your understanding, mans ways and all you think is completely evil.

People seek to lift us up, not because they care for us, but because they they are not God, and their lifting up causes us ( on judgement day) to be cast down( we will die in that low hell).

Only God casts us down in this life, (now before it is too late so we consider in a good heart) not because He wants us down, but because when we are down, we can think without the pride of man, so see through the deception of the advisers of this life, to see Gods ways instead.

Listen to men and people advising, they are easy to recognise as empty, or see God who has the fullness of decency in Him only.( also the warning time has run out)

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

well, you finally write something I can relate to 100%

I have often felt the exact same thing. I feel very close to Jesus in His tangible Presence in the Church. I never feel distant from Him there. But anywhere else.... !!!!!!!!

I don't know what else to say.

probably because that truth is a tough act to follow

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 hours ago, LadyKay said:

When we love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves, life is awfully good. When we stray, things can get very bad. All the Lord is doing is trying to keep us on the straight and narrow.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Yes Jesus loves us..

Tribulations in our current come about as a result of living as faulty beings in a faulty world surrounded by other faulty people.. Sufferings in this world are a background hum that prevent us from forgetting that we now live in a corrupt state of affairs.. For a Problem to be known must make it's presence felt..

So we Christians suffer tribulations just as all the unbelievers do because we both live in the same situation.. Of course we Christians have the bonus of living our lives knowing this state of existence is going to end when we enter into eternity with the LORD in His perfect existence where we shall be transformed into perfected beings..

The Way God has made for us to win His favor is to believe Him and trust in the Way He has made to Redeem us.. Does this mean God is going to keep us from tribulations in this world?  Nope... He may and sometimes does intervene in particular instances or situations we find ourselves suffering from if doing so is His will.. But no one lives through their lives on this earth being protected from all troubles.. 

Jesus said:

John 16: KJV

33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

So keep in mind that we shall have eternity with Jesus as perfect beings in a perfect existence and shall never experience tribulation again this should give us Peace of Mind even as we suffer tribulation in our current lives..

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Read all these true responses from the children of God, the Body of Christ. I’m with you sister. There are seasons, even years, things go badly. Even horribly!  We are being sharpened like knives. We are being purified as gold. We are being cut as diamonds. Our job is to trust our God and savior. That’s OUR JOB. Nobody gets out of here alive, but we get eternity with our creator if we just trust and believe. I will pray for you LadyKay. 

I have enormous problems also. I used to pray to God to help me( I still do) but then I changed to Thank you God!!  Thank you Thank you!  It’s helped tremendously. Js

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1