createdequal

we're not saved by faith alone or works alone

11 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Yes Kristin, I agree also with what you say.

Faith comes from hearing the Word and believing in it.

Which brings Salvation to they who will BELIEVE. That is Salvation. But there is a lot that follows it. That’s the harder part, of course. But it truly starts with faith. Then you are saved. But God never leaves his children at step one. But, for new people that is step one. Now you are saved.. 

Edited by Kristin

4 hours ago, createdequal said:

James 2:12 says "Even the demons believe and tremble"

I believe the verse you are quoting is incorrect.

James 2:12 (NIV)
12  Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom...

13 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Which brings Salvation to they who will BELIEVE. That is Salvation. But there is a lot that follows it. That’s the harder part, of course. But it truly starts with faith. Then you are saved. But God never leaves his children at step one. But, for new people that is step one. Now you are saved.. 

13 minutes ago, Kristin said:
  20 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Yes Kristin, I agree also with what you say.

Faith comes from hearing the Word and believing in it.

It is the Faith in believing Christ Jesus = First, you are saved through a personal faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ as defined in the Scriptures. The Gospel refers to the news of Christ’s death and resurrection in order to pay the penalty for our sins and provide a way to eternal life.

Then  the relationship begins and continues and hopefully to grow more and more in His love.

what I feel needs clarity is that its the faith from the above mentioned = a personal faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ as defined in the Scriptures that need to be emphasized especially for new christians

I feel this needs to be made clear when we describe Faith in Christ Jesus and what that truly means through His WORD.

The reason being,

Many say they have "faith"  and even in Christ Jesus, but when you ask a little further, you may hear  yes I believe and have faith in christ Jesus but ...

I also beleive and have faith in wordly philosophies

I also believe and have faith in horoscopes,

but I also have faith in Hinduism

but I also have faith in Buddhism

but I also have faith in the doctrines of the RCC

but I also have faith in the Muslim ...

-A side note: These days, I am conversing with an lady of 89 years, who says she believes in Christ Jesus and will pray the Blood of Christ Jesus when she prays, but she also believes in praying to dead people ( her relatives and other dead people) for intercession, she also believes in praying to Mary, she also believes there is a purgatory, and she also believes that Christ Jesus is ONE of the paths to God but is not the only way to reach God. She believes there are also other ways to reach God like the people who are good Hindus, Moslems, Buddhists ...

This lady says in the evening she likes to read the psalms ( i have asked he if she reads the gospels, she tells me she prefers to read the psalms before she goes to read her worldly mystery and romance novels.

Please tell me: will her FAITH in Christ along with her other beliefs   save her?

Here begins the danger in just saying all you need is FAITH.

Faith in What?

The bible is clear Romans 10:1717 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

There is only ONE kind of FAITH and that needs to be made clear, because of what I just explained about the but..I believe also...but...

There should be no but...

If you truly have faith in Christ Jesus through His Word ALONE than you believe with all your heart the following:

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Salvation come from Faith -belief- in Gods WORD ALONE

Romans 10:1717 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

From that biblical stand point the relationship with our Lord & savior Christ Jesus continues and grows as we grow in Him and through Him and the knowledge of  His Word

How does one minister  Gods truth to someone who claims they have faith in Christ Jesus but also believe there are other paths of faith as well that lead to God?

The faith/works thing is almost an impossible thing to discuss. There are a lot of "between the lines" things going on that can make it feel like a trap, so people get defensive, and that's never great for communication. There are a lot of terms involved that people all claim they know what a thing "is," so there's nitpicking over language, or people getting really technical about the order things happen in, or whatever.

And then there's context. When people say "by faith alone!", the context of that could mean that they're saying you can't earn your own salvation, and that can be a revolutionary idea to someone burdened by imaginary requisites to salvation they don't need to bear. Or, they could mean that they can live whatever life they want to, because they have their ticket into heaven, and nothing can take it away. And that's not a great outcome... obviously.

In a sense, I do agree with the OP that it's neither works or faith alone that save us. It's Jesus who saves us. I won't downplay the value of either our faith or our obedience, but ultimately, we wouldn't have access to salvation at all if Jesus wasn't faithful where we are faithless, and generous when we are disobedient. If I am saved from the bonds of sin in my life, was it my faith that saved me from my faithlessness, or my obedience that saved me from my disobedience? If I have any degree of faith or any degree of obedience, surely even those come from Jesus and not myself. So I know I didn't save myself. If we can agree that it is Jesus who saves us, and we do not earn our own salvation, perhaps the minutia of the old faith/works fight is not really all that worth the effort...

Edited by GreyJay

@1to3 Well, that is another animal. They are deceived who believe in anything other than the saving power of Jesus Christ. Which is that He is God the Son. He came in human form (left his own great glory for us) died on a cross and was buried in a tomb. Then.. He was RESURRECTED!! The whole world has now the opportunity of salvation. 

There is no mixing or diluting the Salvation that has been proclaimed. There just is no compromise. Only the truth, which is simple, will save anyone. Nothing else. The rest are just lies and deceive people to their destruction. We don’t ever want that. 

Edited by Kristin

1 hour ago, Kristin said:

I was not able to get it in the other post, but yes I believe this to. It is the first step.

The sinner who turned to Christ Jesus at the cross and told Christ He believed in Him, he is in paradise because of His faith. ChristJesus promised that.

And so for the new comer Christian we need to continue  sharing His Word, explaining the things that also follow and why they are important and  beneficial to follow in there life even here on earth. It can help a newcomer Christians avoid the stagnant pitfalls and dangers of wallowing in a stagnant sinful lifestyle that will never bring here on earth any True peace from Him, and abundant life Christ has premised us, as long as we remain in complacency in our sins.

I say all this because of my own life. I missed out on a lot of Gods promises, because I was one of those that believed in FAITH alone but still partook in other worldly  belief systems  that kept me from becoming the child of God I could have been.  Praise God, He did warn me three times- within the space of seven years- and the last time He called me back and I heard His voice and somehow knew deep in my heart that I now had to make a serious decision to leave the things of the world behind to follow Him. He showed me what I had to give up in my life in order to follow Him and Truly find His Peace and His love being able to work in me. Praise God, I am so grateful that He was there for me and came to salvage me from the path of error I was going in .

It is only when I began to be fully accepting to become fully obedient to His Word that His True peace began to come upon me and where He truly became able to work in me, and change me, help me (show me how) to help myself change  into the child of God He always intended for me to be. With me placing each little step of Trust in Him and His Word, His WORD began to become very alive and healing in my life and continues to be. Praise God! Thank You Christ Jesus Amen!

Edited by 1to3

42 minutes ago, Kristin said:

@1to3 Well, that is another animal. They are deceived who believe in anything other than the saving power of Jesus Christ. Which is that He is God the Son. He came in human form (left his own great glory for us) died on a cross and was buried in a tomb. Then.. He was RESURRECTED!! The whole world has now the opportunity of salvation. 

There is no mixing or diluting the Salvation that has been proclaimed. There just is no compromise. Only the truth, which is simple, will save anyone. Nothing else. The rest are just lies and deceive people to their destruction. We don’t ever want that. 

Yes of course we don't ever want that, , however in real life, that if what we come face to face with. At least i do, with everyday  people who say they have faith in Christ but its always accompanied with a but. Just today I was speaking with a workman who says he believes in Christ Jesus,  and whose brother in Law is dying of a cancer that has metastasized all over and who has a strong mind and believes in new age. I mentioned to the worker, if he loved his brother in Law to tell Him about Christ Jesus, that He is the only way to salvation  and life eternal. The workman who said he believes in Christ Jesus and has faith in Him, does not read the bible or know what is in it, yet says he beleives, yet also he does not have the courage even to speak to His brother in Law about salvation in Christ Jesus ( does not want to imposes his beliefs on him). On Monday I will give this workman a bible Track and pray he give it to his brother in Law so he can find salvation through Faith in Christ and His WORD ALONE.  If its in peoples hearts, to pray, please pray for  this workman and his brother in law that they find True salvation in Christ Jesus perhaps over these Christian tracks I will hand out, and the Holy Spirit of God beckon them.

Anyhow, there is much deception, and that is why the message of Salvation needs to come from Faith in His Word Alone.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by His Word. Amen!

Edited by 1to3

6 hours ago, createdequal said:

we are not saved by faith alone

and it just goes w/o saying that if we do the works Jesus commands (feed the hungry, comfort the lonely---) we will show to the world our faith.

Everyone knows or suspects that Jesus is the Savior. Does everyone get to Heaven, though? Jesus said that few find the narrow way, that even belivers will be rejected (Lk 13, Mt 7). The saints say VERY few make it (adults). So if faith were all it took.. just about everyone would make it

As Jesus said (paraphrase) Not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom.. but only those who DO the will of My FAther" [not those who have faith in doing His will... no, those who DO it]  

(actually, I believe that is verbatim)

Everyone knows or suspects that Jesus is the Savior. Does everyone get to Heaven, though? Jesus said that few find the narrow way, that even belivers will be rejected (Lk 13, Mt 7). 

Many so- Called “ Believers” Give lip service to Jesus being the “ Saviour”.........BUT , if you do not know that you are saved NOW- you probably are not even aware of the fact that you are not trusting in Jesus.....to some extent , you are trusting in YOUR performance instead of HIS Blood.....you are not free because you know you are  bound to screw up sometime.....that explains why “ repentance” is your constant “ go-to” when you flub up— instead of Grace! Your “ savior” is your performanc— held together by a string of “ sin, repent, sin repent , sin repent ........and make SURE you don’t have ANY unrepented sins on your record.Grace is what has saved every soul that has ever been saved......Your Fretting about YOUR performance ( works) instead of HIS performance cancels the very Grace that would have saved you.When you can proclaim with confidence (Faith) That you are saved by Nothing But The Blood, then and only then do you know Jesus as Saviour.GOD Bless.

I dislike OP's like this that are net-searchable. It is a wrong statement.

There are way too many incorrect statements in the OP titles I observe.

Did the thief on the cross recite the sinner's prayer? Did the woman taken in adultery say a bunch of hail-Marys. Did the many people that Yeshua FORGAVE say or do anything? He saved them period. "Go and sin no more". Furthermore, "He that Believes on me shall be saved" is very straightforward and uncomplicated. It is no wonder people get discouraged and loose faith because others seem to find it necessary to add conditions to a very plain scripture.

Let the believers find out for themselves. Sure, suggest they read scripture. Sure, teach them if they are open to that or ask questions. Otherwise do not add to their burdens by quoting a bunch of stuff that will only make them feel inferior.

13 hours ago, createdequal said:

and it just goes w/o saying that if we do the works Jesus commands (feed the hungry, comfort the lonely---) we will show to the world our faith.

I think that is what I said....    if you have faith....   saving faith, you will have those kinds of works....  there is much more to faith than suspecting Jesus is the son of God and our savior.