createdequal

we're not saved by faith alone or works alone

Martin Luther, Apostate "Catholic" Priest of the 16th century who tore asunder the Church Jesus Christ established on Earth and began what he had the temerity to call a "church"

did the unthinkable: he added to Scripture by inserting the word "alone" to the words "saved by faith" (which I believe is in the Bk of Romans, but not sure).

so today, a lot of religious communities, not knowing the teachings of the Original Church Christ founded, teach this "faith alone" stuff, this notion that it is faith alone that saves us.

NOT true at all.

James 2:12 says "Even the demons believe and tremble"

and in that same psg it says that the person who has faith but not works has dead faith... that you can't just have faith and, say, let your neighbor go hungry or whatever without helping, and expect to get to Heaven. "Faith without works is dead"

so what good is dead faith?

anyway, I could provide numerous other biblical psgs, but the original Church teaches we are saved NOT  by faith alone, NOT by works alone but by Jesus Christ and the GRACE that comes from HIM (from obeying Him).

"Go and sin no more"

When you do that, you will begin to have grace..  

Edited by createdequal

we ARE saved by faith however.....   saved people by simple nature will have works.....    no works, question faith....

44 minutes ago, other one said:

we ARE saved by faith however.....   saved people by simple nature will have works.....    no works, question faith....

we are not saved by faith alone

and it just goes w/o saying that if we do the works Jesus commands (feed the hungry, comfort the lonely---) we will show to the world our faith.

Everyone knows or suspects that Jesus is the Savior. Does everyone get to Heaven, though? Jesus said that few find the narrow way, that even belivers will be rejected (Lk 13, Mt 7). The saints say VERY few make it (adults). So if faith were all it took.. just about everyone would make it

As Jesus said (paraphrase) Not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom.. but only those who DO the will of My FAther" [not those who have faith in doing His will... no, those who DO it]  

(actually, I believe that is verbatim)

42 minutes ago, createdequal said:

we are not saved by faith alone

and it just goes w/o saying that if we do the works Jesus commands (feed the hungry, comfort the lonely---) we will show to the world our faith.

Everyone knows or suspects that Jesus is the Savior. Does everyone get to Heaven, though? Jesus said that few find the narrow way, that even belivers will be rejected (Lk 13, Mt 7). The saints say VERY few make it (adults). So if faith were all it took.. just about everyone would make it

As Jesus said (paraphrase) Not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom.. but only those who DO the will of My FAther" [not those who have faith in doing His will... no, those who DO it]  

(actually, I believe that is verbatim)

I don't think you have a correct understanding of what Faith is, and the application of said Faith.

1 hour ago, createdequal said:

Martin Luther, Apostate "Catholic" Priest of the 16th century who tore asunder the Church Jesus Christ established on Earth and began what he had the temerity to call a "church"

did the unthinkable: he added to Scripture by inserting the word "alone" to the words "saved by faith" (which I believe is in the Bk of Romans, but not sure).

so today, a lot of religious communities, not knowing the teachings of the Original Church Christ founded, teach this "faith alone" stuff, this notion that it is faith alone that saves us.

NOT true at all.

James 2:12 says "Even the demons believe and tremble"

and in that same psg it says that the person who has faith but not works has dead faith... that you can't just have faith and, say, let your neighbor go hungry or whatever without helping, and expect to get to Heaven. "Faith without works is dead"

so what good is dead faith?

anyway, I could provide numerous other biblical psgs, but the original Church teaches we are saved NOT  by faith alone, NOT by works alone but by Jesus Christ and the GRACE that comes from HIM (from obeying Him).

"Go and sin no more"

When you do that, you will begin to have grace..  

I thought what Luther did was expose corruption in the church.

I completely disagree that we aren’t saved by faith. Paul is very clear that we are. Faith then brings repentance. But it is faith alone that saves the lost. 

Romans 8

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

1For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

FAITH in Christ:

Romans 10:17

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Faith in Christ and reading His Word, Brings the Holy Spirit of God to dwell in you

John 16

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Read the book of James  writes about TESTING your FAITH in Christ to see if it is true .

Hebrews 10: 15-24

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
    after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
    and I will write them on their minds.”[a]

17 Then he adds:

Their sins and lawless acts
    I will remember no more.[

18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

A Call to Persevere in Faith

19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,

John 13:13-16

Christ Jesus said:

"You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. "If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. "For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you.

1 Corinthians 11:1

Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.

Ephesians 5:1-2
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

Colossians 3:13
  bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you

1 Peter 2:20-22
For what credit is there if, when you sin and are harshly treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God. For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH;

1 John 2:6
  the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked

1 John 3:15-16
Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

@1to3 yes. We will repent. But first we will be saved by Grace through faith. Then our transformation begins. But we are SAVED by faith. It’s obviously a process. Faith in the death, burial and RESURRECTION of Jesus Christ for our sins is the saving grace. The rest is how we grow and become who God created us to be. We repent our livelong lives. We change BECAUSE we have faith in Him who promised he would make a good end for us. He changes us. We can’t change ourselves or we would be gods. Faith first, then transformation. 

Edited by Kristin

Yes Kristin, I agree also with what you say.

Faith comes from hearing the Word and believing in it.

Jeremiah 6:19
Hear, O earth; behold, I am bringing disaster upon this people, the fruit of their devices, because they have not paid attention to my words; and as for my law, they have rejected it. 

Jeremiah 8:9
The wise men shall be put to shame; they shall be dismayed and taken; behold, they have rejected the word of the LORD, so what wisdom is in them? 

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 

1 John 3:8-10
Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.  No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.  By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. 

John 12:48
The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. 

Hebrews 2:1-4
Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it.  For since the message declared by angels proved to be reliable, and every transgression or disobedience received a just retribution,  how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard,  while God also bore witness by signs and wonders and various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will. 

The issue isn't if salvation by faith alone or with works, but the fact that a REAL repentant person BECOMES someone who willingly and happily keeps God's commandments as a reaction to the love of the Father. The JOY of our salvation. Those that demand faith alone leave it at that and ignore the must to keep the commandments if they love the Father. This cannot be ignored.