• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

Hello family, I have a question. How can I convert a Muslim to Christianity? I have a friend and coworker who demonstrates uncommon kindness, however she is a dedicated Muslim. What can I do to prove to her that Jesus is King of Kings? I may meet her for coffee to day, please arm me with information!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If you could prove to her that Jesus is King of Kings you could bring the whole world to the feet of Jesus all by yourself.    It is the Holy Spirit that has to do that on the spiritual level not by logic.  Pray for her and especially before you meet her and ask the Holy Spirit to give you the words.   Just talk to her as a friend and explain to her your stand on the Lord with what you know about him.  It's hard for me to tell you because I really don't know how much you know about Jesus yourself.  Do you know what she believes about Jesus?

One major no no is to tell her how wrong Islam is.  That will  stop the conversation or worse.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

As the 'other one' has said, you can't. Be a good friend to her, Talk about what you do in church, items in your daily readings that have caused you to think, and discuss what you both believe.

Don't assume you know anything, ask her what she believes, if that conversation is apropriate.

It is the reality of Jesus, his life, death and resurrection as shown in history that will unsettle her.

Take your time. If she does convert she will lose her family, literally, so how would you cope if it happened to you, if she converts how will you support her. Literally find her a home, be her family etc etc etc.

Pray for her and her family.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

Hi angel, ..the first thing to remember, as has already been said, ...all we can do is bring Christ to the lost, ...it's the Holy Spirit that brings the lost to Christ, ...that being said, we have tools we can use, the Gospel is a tool that is very powerful:

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  Rom 1:16

The word power is, dunamis in the original language, which is the word from which we have our English word dynamite, ...so as you talk with her, ...ask the Holy Spirit to give you the opportunity to give here the Gospel, ...to dynamite, blow to pieces her faith in Islam:

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  1 Cor 15:3-4

As the Holy spirit leads you, ...introduce to her these facts, ...she is a sinner, ...that Jesus died in her place for the punishment of her sin, ..that he was buried, ...AND He rose again!

Her belief system doesn't say Mohammed died in her place, ...yes he is buried, they have made it a shrine, ...but he is still buried there, ...YOUR Jesus, YOUR personal Savior rose from the dead, ...there is an empty tomb in Jerusalem that is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the world, ...and is alive today:

And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.   And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.  1 Cor 15:5-8

And most important is always pray before you talk with her, ...that Father would remove the blindness in her mind:

But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the Light of the Glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the Image of God, should shine unto them.  2 Cor 4:3-4

...and open her ears to hear and her heart to receive the Truth.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

11 hours ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

Hello family, I have a question. How can I convert a Muslim to Christianity? I have a friend and coworker who demonstrates uncommon kindness, however she is a dedicated Muslim. What can I do to prove to her that Jesus is King of Kings? I may meet her for coffee to day, please arm me with information!

I wouldn't harass her. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I'd think of it less as "How do I convert a Muslim" and more as "How do I convert this person."

Like others have said the Holy Spirit does the real convincing. That and prayer are the only truly universal elements in conversion. Aside from that I think Who me has a good approach. IMO the stronger your ties with her are the better your odds. People are generally more receptive to people they know well and respect rather than acquaintances or strangers.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Don't be pushy as others have mentioned.   A few things that might help, as you are led by the Lord to speak to her.

Muslims believe in the Virgin birth.   You could explain why the Virgin birth was necessary.   So Jesus would have the Divine nature as well as a human nature.   Because Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, Jesus is sinless, and could therefore be the sinless blood sacrifice for our sins.

You might as led, explain that God is so Holy that our good works are like a filthy rag to God, so we cannot enter Paradise/Heaven by good works.   So that is why we all need the Savior Jesus Christ, who washes our sins away by His perfect sacrifice.

As led by the Holy Spirit, stress that Jesus rose from the dead!   Although Jesus died for our sins, Jesus rose from the dead.... overcoming sin, death and the devil.   (I read that a Muslim was very impressed that Jesus was resurrected.  Also, Muslims observe Christians and are impressed by Christian love and peace.)

Jesus is the promised Messiah and will come again.   We will either meet Jesus as our Savior or Judge.

The above is for you to use only as you feel led by the Lord.... planting seeds is good, too, little by little.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

Hello @AngelInTraining93,

You may be one of many links in the chain that will bring this person of your acquaintance to a knowledge of Christ: but the fact that you are one of those 'links' is wonderful.  I believe that you can trust God to use you in whatever way He chooses in regard to her, You may never know what that 'way' may be.  It may be a word, a glance, an expressed opinion, or direct testimony: I believe you can just rejoice that God has allowed you to be part of His purpose, and just be happy and relaxed, while prayerfully waiting on Him for the necessary grace and love to shine through, to the glory of His Name.

Thank you

In Christ Jesus

Chris

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

@AngelInTraining93Dear one, ...and to add to the great suggestions Christine mentioned, ...when Jesus walked this planet He was a Man who helped others, ...we have found that is important here, ...the Tahitians are very religious, they have the appearance of godliness, but deny its power, ...they lack the Love of the Holy Spirit, ...so ask the Holy Spirit to show you little ways you can help her too, ...from what I have learned about the Islamic faith they, like the Tahitians, have experienced very little, if any, ...acts of true Love. 

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 9/28/2019 at 7:38 AM, AngelInTraining93 said:

Don't attack the Qu'ran (even though it is filled with holes) but explain the gospel. Ask her "Are you 100% sure you'll get to Heaven?" then explain your assurance, Muslims have no assurance.

• Thumbs Up 1