Hands On

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I did a sermon the other day and in my preparations Ps 84 cropped up.Here is King David who has all the comforts of his day eg. A Priest or a Prophet at his bidding to come and preach in the palace in the King's sitting room or lounge "live"(if he wanted it), better than a church on a big screen as we have it nowadays. Of course there are those who have obvious legitimate reasons for not being able to physically attend.

What blows me away here is that David does not even mention any particular "Priest" or other Hi-Tech attraction, but simply "Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked."(N.I.V. Ps 84:10) the Good News Bible reads "live in the homes of the wicked".One must consider this in the context of the whole chapter of course,but I am pretty sure most folks (including myself) know exactly what David means when it boils down to thinking up a good few reasons for not going to Church on a particular Sunday,when there is no real good reason for not going, besides good old fashioned "laziness"!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

Where did the early Christians go to Church?

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Hands On said:

I did a sermon the other day and in my preparations Ps 84 cropped up.Here is King David who has all the comforts of his day eg. A Priest or a Prophet at his bidding to come and preach in the palace in the King's sitting room or lounge "live"(if he wanted it), better than a church on a big screen as we have it nowadays. Of course there are those who have obvious legitimate reasons for not being able to physically attend.

What blows me away here is that David does not even mention any particular "Priest" or other Hi-Tech attraction, but simply "Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked."(N.I.V. Ps 84:10) the Good News Bible reads "live in the homes of the wicked".One must consider this in the context of the whole chapter of course,but I am pretty sure most folks (including myself) know exactly what David means when it boils down to thinking up a good few reasons for not going to Church on a particular Sunday,when there is no real good reason for not going, besides good old fashioned "laziness"!

Why go to Church? It is suppose to be to learn the true word of God. It is also to be among Christians for fellowship. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, ReneeIW said:

Each other's houses I think. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,935
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

They seemed to hire certain building, such as when they gather at Pentecost or when they haf passover with Jesus. In YouTube there is a small place used for baptism n gathering.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

If you have a good church to attend, you should go.  Mine isn't perfect, but when I hear how some have gotten today, it is good by comparison.  

Some have chosen to have home churches, and some are members of online churches.  One message board I am a member of serves as a church as well with live services in chat and even weekly video sermons.  I like attending my local church, but if they turned from the truth, and there were no good alternatives in my area, a home or online church is better than a false one.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

39 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

They seemed to hire certain building, such as when they gather at Pentecost or when they haf passover with Jesus. In YouTube there is a small place used for baptism n gathering.

That is interesting.  How do they do a baptismal service on YouTube?

• Haha 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 hours ago, Hands On said:

One of the mainstay Scriptures among the Christians I gather in simple fellowship with is this one:

Heb 10:23-27
(23)  Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
(24)  And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
(25)  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as you see the day approaching.
(26)  For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,
(27)  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

If we are holding fast to the profession of our faith we won't need any coercion to fellowship with likeminded Christians, the brethren as the Bible calls us.