• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Sower said:

So, you have been to what, a couple, a dozen, a hundred?
And none impressed you!
So why group the majority of the  other 99.9 % as not preaching truth, and not loving one another.
I can understand being disappointed in not finding a truth preaching, loving church that impresses you.
But how does that give you the right to label and speak as you do generalizing the majority of GOD'S body of believers.
There are many bodies of believers preaching the word, and sharing truth, and seeing many come to Christ.
I have ask here before, how many here on Worthy were saved in/through a simple Christian church, and baptized.
I would say, an overwhelming majority have. In unimpressive, truth teaching/loving churches.
Besides health issues, I think many here try to justify not getting up and going to church
because there isn't any near by that's worthy of them.
In our church there is a faithful couple in their nineties, that drive over fifty miles, each Sunday to worship.
Our family travels thirty miles round trip. My wife brings some who do not drive. This is normal.
Where there is a will, there is a way.   Considering, your God is in control.

Suit yourself.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/05/1968

I think what might prove missmuffett's point the most is that you can still find thousands of traditional churches in small towns across America aligning themselves with denominations that are publicly supporting non-Biblical teachings without a full blown revolt such as Presbyterian churches. How can same-sex marriage even be a conversation? The Methodists aren't far behind.

After days of passionate debate, deliberation, and prayer—and years of tension—the United Methodist Church (UMC) voted Tuesday to maintain its traditional stance against same-sex marriage and non-celibate gay clergy, bolstered by a growing conservative contingent from Africa. The denomination’s “Traditional Plan” passed, with 438 votes in favor and 384 against (53% to 47%), in the final hours of a special UMC conference held this week in St. Louis to address the issue of human sexuality.

Well, thank God for Africa, right? I have gay friends and I love them dearly. My favorite film of all time is The Wild Geese with Richard Harris, Richard Burton and Roger Moore about a British mercenary mission in Africa to rescue a deposed African leader. Actor Kenneth Griffith played Arthur Witty, a gay medic, who was a brilliant character. He was the "mother figure" to the 50 men and officers hired for the raid.

Homosexuals should be welcomed with open arms in the church no differently than fornicators, but I would hope that if I decided to have my way a girl in front of the altar, it wouldn't be condoned. A ceremony at the altar officially condones sodomy. Congregants should be the ones who struggle with their personal sins against the Word of God, not churches when the Word is clear.

I think Jesus would prefer believers getting together who have a strong Biblical faith for "church" rather than paying the bills of institutions or having to travel so far every Sunday to be part of something that the disciples didn't even do. I once made a video about deep breath hold diving, called The Church of the Blue Water , because I started a freediving club and all of the original 7 members were Christians.

Edited by TraceMalin