• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Alive said:

5. Axis variability may turn out to be a major cause potential (we just don't know)

I have talked with a dear brother that flies international all over the world about the movement of the Earth's axis and how does that affect their navigation, ...he said, many years ago, when he was flying propeller airplanes between the Islands here they would manually change the pointer on their compass to compensate for the magnetic shifting of the North Pole, ...now that he is flying multi-engine jets, they don't even look at the compass, they fly by GPS readings, ...and the press is presenting the hoax of climate change rather that the "scientific" observation and data of the shifting axis of this planet!

The deception and ultimate brain washing the Word talks about at the end is present and active today, the deceived believing false news and fake "scientific" data, rather than the millions upon millions, could even be billions, of people all over the planet that can and do verify the oceans haven't risen from personal "scientific" observations...   

Maranatha Lord Jesus

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.70
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Shifting sand and plate tectonics...all kinds of slow mo stuff.

:-)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi Adstar,

20 hours ago, Adstar said:

If you want to hear Greta Thurnberg say this

this is no evidence for child abuse. Sorry.

20 hours ago, Adstar said:

you believe that telling a kid that the world only has ten years to prevent an irreversable global ecological disaster is NOT Child abuse? 

yes.

I'm not saying that's a good thing to do, though.

If you come up with such a bold accusation as abuse, the onus is on you to prove abuse.

Regards,

Thomas

---

Hi Alive,

19 hours ago, Alive said:

4. The USA has done more to change our emissions than any other nation and continue to do so.

So let's compare it to the facts, see graph below:

For source click here.

According to this source, only India is doing worse for 2018 (projected emissions for USA, China, Europe, India and all others combined).

I'm no hater though, I love the US.

Regards,

Thomas

image.png

Edited by thomas t
double posted the graph

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

22 hours ago, nobleseed said:

as a christian i feel that our concern should not be on finite things but eternal truths.  the world will end and a new better world will be established one day by him who lives forever

True, when Jesus establishes the better world he will destroy those "who destroy the earth". (Rev 11:18)

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,663
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,761
  • Content Per Day:  2.40
  • Days Won:  28

For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now.Romans 8:22

And it will get worse as the Bible predicts,who can stop Gods will for this earth ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.14
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

And it will get worse as the Bible predicts,who can stop Gods will for this earth ?

Are you suggesting that attempts to reduce CO2 emissions, and their negative effect on humanity, are pointless? I'd like to clarify this before I say anything further. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.14
  • Days Won:  4

As a general observation, I'd like to address the general distrust of scientific consensus that I'm seeing in this thread. Getting a PhD isn't easy, folks. It most frequently requires a keen interest in a particular topic and a focused pursuit of knowledge in that particular field, followed by years of dedicated study and learning. It is true that there will be differences of opinion among a large enough group of PhD scientists, just as there will be with any other large group. I've not honestly tried, but I'll bet with enough searching, one could find a PhD geologist or two that believes the earth is flat and stationary.

I honestly don't give enough credence to a single individual ("Steven Goddard") to justify the time needed to investigate his comments, but it looks like an extreme case of cherry-picking the data. Although I'm certain he has done a lot of data analysis, he is not a climate scientist. This tends to indicate that his opinions on the topic are not as meaningful as as the opinions of actual experts. "Goddard" claims that the American Meteorological Society is not as lock-step in opinion as believed, and that could be true, but here is a general statement issued by the AMS:

Anthropogenic (i.e., human-induced) climate change cannot be accurately characterized from linear trends over short periods, as these trends will likely have contributions from the incomplete cycles of natural decadal to multi-decadal variability. However, many of the above-noted changes in the past 120 years cannot be fully accounted for by natural climate variability such as the decadal to multi-decadal fluctuations of ocean circulation and temperature in the Atlantic and Pacific basins. Scientific evidence indicates that the leading cause of climate change in the most recent half century is the anthropogenic increase in the concentration of atmospheric greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide (CO2), chlorofluorocarbons, methane, tropospheric ozone, and nitrous oxide.

What genuinely confuses me is the number of people that will stand firmly on the "plain reading" of the Genesis account of creation and simultaneously downplay the instructions God gave to Adam to take care of the earth in the exact same passage. This inconsistency suggests to me that the objection to accepting mankind's role in global warming is much more about politics than it is about anything else.

4 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi Adstar,

this is no evidence for child abuse. Sorry.

yes.

I'm not saying that's a good thing to do, though.

If you come up with such a bold accusation as abuse, the onus is on you to prove abuse.

Regards,

Thomas

---

Hi Alive,

So let's compare it to the facts, see graph below:

For source click here.

According to this source, only India is doing worse for 2018 (projected emissions for USA, China, Europe, India and all others combined).

I'm no hater though, I love the US.

Regards,

Thomas

image.png

Thomas...perhaps you didn't read my sentence carefully.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

2 hours ago, Alive said:

Thomas...perhaps you didn't read my sentence carefully.

Hi Alive,

actually your sentence reads like this:

6 hours ago, thomas t said:

4. The USA has done more to change our emissions than any other nation and continue to do so.

So you say, the US has done more? The facts show they weren't effective enough.

I don't want to bash the US. It's just climate here as a topic. The US is certainly a great nation, I am their fan.

Thomas

9 minutes ago, thomas t said:

Hi Alive,

actually your sentence reads like this:

So you say, the US has done more? The facts show they weren't effective enough.

I don't want to bash the US. It's just climate here as a topic. The US is certainly a great nation, I am their fan.

Thomas

Good morning, Thomas.

I did not mention any relative effectiveness, only the efforts--the changes we have instituted toward making a difference.

You  are rebutting something I did not say.

Do you understand?

Edited by Alive