• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

You prefer scientific evidence, well if I look at the unchanged high water line in the Harbour over my lifetime of 50 plus years, on a stable continental plate like Southern Africa, I prefer my evidence to your evidence. Sorry you lost that argument, hahaha. 

"I see your measured calculations and trump them with my precision eyeballs and hearsay! Sorry you lost! hahahahahahhaha"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

10 hours ago, ChessPlayer said:

I'm sorry but this answer is simply unacceptable. I responded to your criticisms of the science around global warming, presented scientific papers and evidence and all you say is that we will see in ten years. Putting something off ten years will not change the science. Nor does it change our moral duty as stewards of creation and our fellow man. The only thing we do by delaying our reaction to climate change is limiting our ability to deal with the consequences.  

Well--I disagree. I think it IS the acceptable answer.

I simply don't accept the validity of your sources. My source is my own ability to think.

In ten years, we will see--if the Lord tarries.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/29/2019 at 7:41 PM, ChessPlayer said:

Hello all. I discussed this briefly in the US politics section of the forum but I feel like it has more of a home here where we discuss the intersection of science and faith. I have become deeply concerned of late with Christian (mostly conservative) voices railing against the science of climate change. Things became especially toxic in recent weeks due to the most recent round of UN talks where Greta Thunberg spoke passionately on the subject demanding nations take action. As a result, I thought we may like to discuss climate change and the role Christians should play in trying to limit the impact upon our planet. 

For me, it is sad to see such an issue become so partisan in the United States when even the previous presidential candidates for the GOP noted the real threat posed by climate change. I also fail to grasp why people are opposed to plans like the Green New Deal or other radical changes in infrastructure and energy consumption in order to preserve the planet. I am even more distraught that many who self-identify as Christian are opposed to taking action to protect our environment. To me, this is part of our stewardship of creation. However, I am always curious and on the look out for differing views. This forum (by and large) tends to have more conservative leanings than the average member of the public and I was wondering why people are objecting to the scientific data. 

I am not scientist and this is not a topic that I pay much attention to. Frankly, there is lot of politics behind this. Just like anything else. I truly believe we need to be good stewards of planet earth. God gave authority over His creation to Adam and Eve. It was partially lost during fall. So mankind is no longer able to control destiny of this earth. It is already written that the earth as we know today will perish. Mankind is simply not able to stop that from happening. This is where I disagree with climate change people. We cannot stop earth from being destroyed. Earth will one day perish. And that is not just because of what we are doing now. God has ordained that to happen. While it is important to be good stewards, the destiny of earth is not in our hands. This is the fundamental difference between conservative Christians who deny climate change and liberals.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

"I see your measured calculations and trump them with my precision eyeballs and hearsay! Sorry you lost! hahahahahahhaha"

One can actually see the high line

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

48 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

One can actually see the high line

Yes, your precision eyeballs that can effectively measure to millimeters, and making observations at a single location on the planet, conclusively disprove sea-level rise... got it...

Edited by one.opinion
  • Thumbs Up 1

There is a huge sub-surface ocean of water under the South Pacific that is leaking.

It is fresh water and is changing the salinity, density and volume to a small degree.

There is another one under the Arctic ice.

The residual 'fountains of the deep'.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 10/7/2019 at 5:30 PM, Alive said:

Let's talk in 10 years.

That's what Hansen said thirty years ago, when deniers where telling him his model was all wrong.   And while they were saying the Earth would be cooling off, Hansen's model accurately predicted the warming trend thirty years in advance.

So there is that.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

22 hours ago, Alive said:

There is a huge sub-surface ocean of water under the South Pacific that is leaking.

It is fresh water and is changing the salinity, density and volume to a small degree.

There is another one under the Arctic ice.

The residual 'fountains of the deep'.

Show us that "huge sub-surface ocean of fresh water under the South Pacific."    Checkable sources.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

Show us that "huge sub-surface ocean of fresh water under the South Pacific."    Checkable sources.

I just dreamed that up to make a point.

7 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

That's what Hansen said thirty years ago, when deniers where telling him his model was all wrong.   And while they were saying the Earth would be cooling off, Hansen's model accurately predicted the warming trend thirty years in advance.

So there is that.

The ten years is this ridiculous claim by some that we are done in by man- caused global warming.

I think the models are as reliable as my claim about underground water.