• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Alive said:

The ten years is this ridiculous claim by some that we are done in by man- caused global warming.

I think the models are as reliable as my claim about underground water.

It comes down to evidence.    And Hansen's model accurately predicted the rise in global temperatures, when deniers were predicting cooling.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fc3headlines.typepad.com%

Edited by The Barbarian

2 hours ago, Alive said:

I just dreamed that up to make a point.

I think people are quite aware that climate deniers do that kind of thing.   Why do you think they have the reputation they do?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

9 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

I think people are quite aware that climate deniers do that kind of thing.   Why do you think they have the reputation they do?

Oh boy! I have no skin in this game my friend. I have stated my views. That is enough.

I attempted some levity and am sorry if it offended you.

For the record--I believe in climate. I see it every day. I believe in weather as well. I see it every day.

I also admit that we 'may be' in a warming trend.

What I don't believe is the doom and gloom related to these things.

As I have said--lets talk in 10 years and we will most surely know then.

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.13
  • Days Won:  4

23 minutes ago, Alive said:

Doom and gloom due to climate change is very hard to predict. Scientists are generally very careful about how they state conclusions about the eventual impacts of climate change. It is often science writers and lay-writers-about-science that frequently (and irresponsibly) toss out the doom and gloom headlines. It just opens the door for skepticism when a particular prediction does not come true. Regardless, the impact of unimpeded anthropogenic climate change could be quite serious to current ecosystems as well as humanity and it is in our best interests to do what we can to follow God's charge and care for the planet. Sensible steps to reduce our impact on the climate do not require a one-world government as denialists apparently fear.

5 hours ago, Alive said:

Oh boy! I have no skin in this game my friend. I have stated my views. That is enough.

I attempted some levity and am sorry if it offended you.

I wasn't trying to offend you.   I'm just noting that "making things up" is probably not a good thing for you to do.  As I said, it's common behavior for climate deniers, so it's no big deal.

5 hours ago, Alive said:

For the record--I believe in climate. I see it every day. I believe in weather as well. I see it every day.

I also admit that we 'may be' in a warming trend.

No "maybe" about it.   Even deniers generally admit that much.   Mostly now, they say "but it's not our fault, and no one can do anything about it, and if we have to, we'll all be taken over by the communists" and so on.

As  I said, that "wait ten years" was said thirty years ago, and the climate model has closely followed the actual rate of warming. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

As  I said, that "wait ten years" was said thirty years ago, and the climate model has closely followed the actual rate of warming. 

Yep, and it's gonna get REAL hot very, very soon, three times we are told fire will fall from heaven and destroy this planet, ...do you believe God's Word, ...so what's the big deal about a degree or two over the next 30 years when this planet will be destroyed way before that? 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

On 10/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, one.opinion said:

Yes, your precision eyeballs that can effectively measure to millimeters, and making observations at a single location on the planet, conclusively disprove sea-level rise... got it...

Exactly, there's no significant sea level rise at this stage in geologically stable areas, that is the eye witness experience along most coastlines. 

Not saying it will never happen, but globalization is the greater threat to mankind because man is evil. Put an evil leader over the planet we have a huge problem. Put an evil leader over 1 country and he can be stopped. Therefore any international laws passed for the sake of climate change should be highly careful to protect the national sovereignty of each country. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi JPT,

On 10/8/2019 at 5:54 AM, JustPassingThru said:

...when He gave to the sea its limit that the waters should not pass His command; when He appointed the foundations of the earth;  Pro 8;29

"the sea it's limits". Below, we can see the coastline of North Frisia, Germany, changing during the last 1000 years. The last map is today's German coastline. Click here for source.
Although it wasn't climate change, I think.... according to that source (German language), man was guilty of the changes, too. Their rural economy which included drainage and peat extraction made the land lose altitude.

The Frisians even lost an important settlement inhabited by several thousand Frisians, Wikipedia says here.

As we can see, verse Pro 8:29 doesn't describe a one size fits all solution.

I've noticed you were laughing when your conversation partners told you something. That's sad, I think. Your reactions tell you're taking climate change lightly, in my opinion.
In 1991, the Phillipnes had a storm called Thelma causing 5000+ casualties.
sciencedirect sees a connection between climate change and Typhoons, click here for source.

"[climate change] is contributing to stronger typhoons due to higher sea surface temperatures and higher subsurface sea temperatures, which remove the natural buffer on typhoon strength occasioned when cold water up wells from below the ocean’s surface. These stronger typhoons carry more moisture, track differently, move faster [...] "

Regards,
Thomas

Karte-Nordfriesland-DW-Wissenschaft-BERLIN-jpg.jpg

Karte-Nordfriesland2-DW-Wissenschaft-BERLIN-jpg.jpg

Karte-Nordfriesland3-DW-Wissenschaft-BERLIN-jpg.jpg

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.13
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

Exactly, there's no significant sea level rise at this stage in geologically stable areas, that is the eye witness experience along most coastlines. 

Not saying it will never happen, but globalization is the greater threat to mankind because man is evil. Put an evil leader over the planet we have a huge problem. Put an evil leader over 1 country and he can be stopped. Therefore any international laws passed for the sake of climate change should be highly careful to protect the national sovereignty of each country. 

Let me change my approach since I probably shouldn't have resorted to sarcasm in the first place. It is impossible to eyeball whether or not a sea level change measured in millimeters and centimeters has taken place. Saying "I don't see a change" is statement that has no supporting evidence. Measurements worldwide have shown that overall, the sea level is rising. Since the earth is not a perfect sphere and has weird topographical effects all over its surface, the sea level change will not be uniform everywhere, but it is indeed rising.

While most people think cooperation between countries to try to mitigate the effects of global climate change is a good idea, there are exactly ZERO proposed "international laws" regarding the limitation of CO2 emissions.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

2 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Let me change my approach since I probably shouldn't have resorted to sarcasm in the first place. It is impossible to eyeball whether or not a sea level change measured in millimeters and centimeters has taken place. Saying "I don't see a change" is statement that has no supporting evidence. Measurements worldwide have shown that overall, the sea level is rising. Since the earth is not a perfect sphere and has weird topographical effects all over its surface, the sea level change will not be uniform everywhere, but it is indeed rising.

While most people think cooperation between countries to try to mitigate the effects of global climate change is a good idea, there are exactly ZERO proposed "international laws" regarding the limitation of CO2 emissions.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/j.ctv941w8s

Are you joking? Download the pdf file and you can read the proposals and the names of world leaders encouraging centrally controlled forced international laws for climate change and other matters. 

We just need one power hungry maniac to bribe his way in charge of the world government, and we have a mess based on the mad whims and philosophies of that leader. Imagine Hitler in charge? Or AI? Or some Greenpeace individual who thinks ants are more important than humans, and decides to cull humans? 

In the meantime the easy solution to drop our human footprint is to simply discourage large families, as China easily did when it suited them. 

Edited by ARGOSY