Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

We were “ created unto Good Works”.......there are many things to  do that honor God . There are many ways to help others . There are many ways to help ourselves.We are not “ commanded” to do any of them.We do them because we have a new heart and WANT to do them.We do them out of Love for God— doing things we know are pleasing to Him and avoiding those things that grieve Him.Loving Jesus and our fellow man is the+proper impetus for all the things we do for staying busy in the Service Of our Lord. If we LOVE our fellow man ,we will do no harm to anybody — that is the basis of the 613+ commandments.If we Love God we will obey Him- not from Tablets made of stone , but from a contrite , new Heart .

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

Why do people try to talk about Jesus when they share only their own limited versions ?

Notice a pattern:

2 Samuel 12:13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the Lord. And Nathan said unto David, The Lord also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.

Psalm 132:1 Lord, remember David, and all his afflictions:

Isaiah 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Acts 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Believers are to show a pattern of good works, which is God working in them and through them, and for everyone who thinks their salvation is assured, they show their belief is very much in themselves.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 9/30/2019 at 3:21 PM, Seasoned by Grace said:

In many of our churches today, Jesus is portrayed as a loving softy, without a backbone to stand up to anyone who would defy Him and deny Him for what He stood for.

Here are some verses for your consideration.

1) Matth. 7:4  "You HYPOCRITES, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye".

2) Matth. 15:7-9 " You HYPOCRITES, Rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you saying, this people honor me with their lips, but their heart is far away from me. But in vain do they worship me, TEACHING AS DOCTRINE THE IDEA'S OF MEN."

3) Matth. 23:13 " But WOE TO YOU scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from men; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in"

4) Matth. 23:15  "WOE TO YOU, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES"

5) Matth,23 : 16-17 "WOE to you BLIND GUIDES, who say, "Whoever swears by the temple, that is nothing, but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obligated. YOU FOOLS and BLIND MEN; "( You can look up the rest)

6) Matth. 23 23-24 "WOE TO YOU, scribes and pharisees, HYPOCRITES! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the Law: justice, mercy and faithfulness; but these are things you should have done without neglecting the others. YOU BLIND GUIDES."

7) Matth. 23:25 " WOE TO YOU, scribes and Pharisees", HYPOCRITES"

8) Matth. 23: 27-28 " WOE TO YOU, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES ! For you are like WHITE WASHED TOMBS which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside THEY ARE FULL OF DEAD MES'S BONES. and HYPOCRISY AND LAWLESSNESS".

9) Matth. 23 :29 "woe to you, SCRIBES AND Pharisees"

10) Matth. 23:33 "YOU SERPENTS, BROOD OF VIPERS, how shall you escape the SENTENCE OF HELL?

11) Mark 12: 38-40 "BEWARE OF THE SCRIBES who like to walk around in long robes, and like respectful greetings in the market place, and chief seats in the synagogue, and places of honor at banquets, who devour widows houses and for appearance sake offer long prayers: these will RECEIVE GREATER CONDEMNATION".

12) Luke 11:39 "YOU FOOLISH ONES,

13 Luke 11:43 "WOE TU YO Pharisees! For you love the front seats in the synagogues, and the respectful greetings in the market place.' WOE TO YOU!  fOR YOU ARE LIKE CONCEALED TOMBS,  and the people walk over them are unaware of it" ( They are like nothing).

14) Luke 11:52 "WOE TO YOU LAWYERS! For you have taken away the key of knowledge: you did not enter in yourselves (to the Kingdom), and those who were entering YOU HINDERED'.

15) Luke 12:1 "BEWARE OF THE LEAVEN OF THE OF THE PHARISEES, which is HYPOCRICY".

16) John 8:44 " YOU ARE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL, and you want to do the desires of your father"

17) John 8:49 "I do not have a demon: but I honor my Father, and YOU DISHONOR ME."

18) John 8:55 "and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him: and if I say I do know that I do not know Him. I SHALL BE A LIAR LIKE YOU, but I di know Him, and keep His word".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you still think Jesus is an all loving softy??

Or that people who speak like this out of love for their brothers and sisters, are out of line and should be censored and condemned for following Jesus example of speaking another language of love that gets the attention of those out of line, for their eternal salvation?

Have we missed the part about intervention in love, or has it just been purposely untaught because leaders want to present the Jesus THAT IS COMFORTABLE AND COZY EVEN WHE WE SIN.

OH... HE WON'T REALLY MIND BECAUSE HE LOVES ME...........GOOD LUCK WITH THAT :noidea:.

Posted in Jesus love...The one that's posted here - Dave

People who behave selfishly, making life difficult for others, need to stop doing so. That might sound like a harsh statement, but it is true.

Non believers deeds are evil, and believers cannot remain the same evil deed doers, unless we use nzkevs reasoing..

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Saved and stand if we keep in memory the gospel.

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Jesus was not a nice guy in the modern sense of the word. He was quite strict on right and wrong.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, BigGuy said:

Jesus was not a nice guy in the modern sense of the word. He was quite strict on right and wrong.

I see him as nice, but also firm and truthful.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Sometimes people use any topic to peddle their stuff.

Categorically, Yeshua is NOT Melchizedek. He is NOT the Father or the Ancient of Days (haShem) The Name.

Yeshua is the monogenes (and not the 'only begotten' as mistranslated).. He is THE ONE, The UNIQUE ONE.

The Father IS The Father. The Spirit IS The Spirit and sometimes called the Spirit of Christ or Yeshua.

They are co-equal members of the Godhead. They can be seen together in the Tanakh often. Yahweh AND the 'angel of the Lord' who IS The Lord (Yeshua). Yeshua means, 'God is Salvation'.

Jesus Christ has the everlasting priesthood, this man as the word describes:

Hebrews 7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

Mark 2:7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

Matthew 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

Matthew 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Leviticus 19:30 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord
Leviticus 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.

Jesus Christ the Son who was born has His name, and Thomas answered who He was, the ONE LORD:

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

It is Jesus Christ who is in us, who dwelled in them and came to them:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Jesus Christ is the only begotten of the Father, the only begotten from the dead. Then we also are begotten again to a lively hope, by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead who being the only one in the bosom of the Father declares Him, and all things became the Sons (Christ) which was the Fathers....

Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead

begotten us again unto a lively hope , by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him

All things are delivered unto me of my Father

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

john 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

No separation in the Father and the Son, they are one..

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Neither can we see Christ as an angel of the Lord, but we see Christ as the Lord..

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Sonhonoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

It makes sure that the judgement that Christ speaks must be heard:

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

im sure his tone was real light with it

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, nzkev said:

The phrase “only begotten Son” occurs in John 3:16, which reads in the King James Version as, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The phrase "only begotten" translates the Greek word monogenes. This word is variously translated into English as "only," "one and only," and "only begotten."

It's this last phrase ("only begotten" used in the KJV, NASB and the NKJV) that causes problems. False teachers have latched onto this phrase to try to prove their false teaching that Jesus Christ isn't God; i.e., that Jesus isn't equal in essence to God

From Got questions

Jesus most certainly is God.   Before Abraham was, I am, saith the Lord Jesus.  

• Thumbs Up 1