• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

10 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

This is my understanding as well, Justin. This is how Jacob saw God face to face and was preserved (Genesis 32:30).

It IS a God problem. If He did reveal Himself fully, then we would be instant toast. Being a very Clever Lord God, He designed man so He could walk with him as Yeshua. His Only Unique One (His 'son') is quite able to interact with us. Yeshua IS God... and He has all the power and authority of the Ancient of Days.

That is why all the court settings in scripture, not to forget Revelation either. Always a LEGAL way to do things. God cannot deny His own system. It is not legalism to understand the Divine Council and how it all works. He passed ALL POWER to Yeshua in the council so EVERYONE (material and not material) would fully get the message. God does things properly and is very orderly since hasatan has all the lawyers in his domain :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus is the King. The king does not bear the sword for nothing we read. There are things Jesus hates. He hates injustice; he hates sin, he hates blasphemy against his Holy Spirit; he hates evil, etc.  What he loves are people who repent, as Jesus mentions---strongly, throughout his ministry. He loves those who desire to listen to him and obey him. He loves doers of the Word. C.S. Lewis in his book, "The Chronicles of Narnia," sharing a story, says to his listeners, representing the King: "...‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He is the King, I tell you.” It does us well to be on the right side. There are many who will enter Hell, and few who are chosen, entering Heaven. Humility is our friend.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Jesus has a harsh side, which all the ones who see clearly see ahead of the time, and the ones who see through the darkness of sin ( all of their own selfishness) cant see the judgement on its way

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 9/30/2019 at 6:21 PM, Seasoned by Grace said:

In many of our churches today, Jesus is portrayed as a loving softy, without a backbone to stand up to anyone who would defy Him and deny Him for what He stood for.

Here are some verses for your consideration.

1) Matth. 7:4  "You HYPOCRITES, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye".

2) Matth. 15:7-9 " You HYPOCRITES, Rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you saying, this people honor me with their lips, but their heart is far away from me. But in vain do they worship me, TEACHING AS DOCTRINE THE IDEA'S OF MEN."

3) Matth. 23:13 " But WOE TO YOU scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from men; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in"

4) Matth. 23:15  "WOE TO YOU, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES"

5) Matth,23 : 16-17 "WOE to you BLIND GUIDES, who say, "Whoever swears by the temple, that is nothing, but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obligated. YOU FOOLS and BLIND MEN; "( You can look up the rest)

6) Matth. 23 23-24 "WOE TO YOU, scribes and pharisees, HYPOCRITES! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the Law: justice, mercy and faithfulness; but these are things you should have done without neglecting the others. YOU BLIND GUIDES."

7) Matth. 23:25 " WOE TO YOU, scribes and Pharisees", HYPOCRITES"

8) Matth. 23: 27-28 " WOE TO YOU, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES ! For you are like WHITE WASHED TOMBS which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside THEY ARE FULL OF DEAD MES'S BONES. and HYPOCRISY AND LAWLESSNESS".

9) Matth. 23 :29 "woe to you, SCRIBES AND Pharisees"

10) Matth. 23:33 "YOU SERPENTS, BROOD OF VIPERS, how shall you escape the SENTENCE OF HELL?

11) Mark 12: 38-40 "BEWARE OF THE SCRIBES who like to walk around in long robes, and like respectful greetings in the market place, and chief seats in the synagogue, and places of honor at banquets, who devour widows houses and for appearance sake offer long prayers: these will RECEIVE GREATER CONDEMNATION".

12) Luke 11:39 "YOU FOOLISH ONES,

13 Luke 11:43 "WOE TU YO Pharisees! For you love the front seats in the synagogues, and the respectful greetings in the market place.' WOE TO YOU!  fOR YOU ARE LIKE CONCEALED TOMBS,  and the people walk over them are unaware of it" ( They are like nothing).

14) Luke 11:52 "WOE TO YOU LAWYERS! For you have taken away the key of knowledge: you did not enter in yourselves (to the Kingdom), and those who were entering YOU HINDERED'.

15) Luke 12:1 "BEWARE OF THE LEAVEN OF THE OF THE PHARISEES, which is HYPOCRICY".

16) John 8:44 " YOU ARE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL, and you want to do the desires of your father"

17) John 8:49 "I do not have a demon: but I honor my Father, and YOU DISHONOR ME."

18) John 8:55 "and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him: and if I say I do know that I do not know Him. I SHALL BE A LIAR LIKE YOU, but I di know Him, and keep His word".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you still think Jesus is an all loving softy??

Or that people who speak like this out of love for their brothers and sisters, are out of line and should be censored and condemned for following Jesus example of speaking another language of love that gets the attention of those out of line, for their eternal salvation?

Have we missed the part about intervention in love, or has it just been purposely untaught because leaders want to present the Jesus THAT IS COMFORTABLE AND COZY EVEN WHE WE SIN.

OH... HE WON'T REALLY MIND BECAUSE HE LOVES ME...........GOOD LUCK WITH THAT :noidea:.

Posted in Jesus love...The one that's posted here - Dave

Yes Dave, he did.   I would call those his bad days.   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

It is only harsh to those that resist the truth of the matter.

Jesus is just; and stands unwavering for what is True.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, Raven said:

It is only harsh to those that resist the truth of the matter.

Jesus is just; and stands unwavering for what is True.

Reminds me of Harry “ give ‘em Hell” Truman......When asked about why he was always “ giving Hell” to political foes , he responded .....  “ I don’t give anybody Hell- I just tell them the truth and they “ think” it’ s Hell!”

• Haha 2

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,557
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 9/30/2019 at 9:03 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Seasoned by Grace,

I hear what you are saying and meaning, however I don`t think we can use that word regarding the Lord.

HARSH - severely, rude.

And Jesus was NEVER  RUDE.

Probably `FIRM` would be better to explain what you mean.

Marilyn.

I agree. Jesus defintely pointed out the truth and was probably came off harsh. I find some people use Jesus' harsh side as an exscuse to be mean and judgemental towards others.  

Jesus did it perfectly as he balanced his judgement with mercy and kindness. Where as some people just want an exscuse to throw stones.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi everyone! 

Just as one of the attributes of God is Love, another of His attributes is Justice. Different circumstances require a different response as humanity must learn not only to love but also to be just and fair. God is also known as the Generous, the All Forgiving, the Almighty, the Provider, the Helper, the Protector and many, many other attributes. So at some time or other Jesus manifests these attributes as the situation requires so as to educate and train the souls of men.

Someone must have made a list by now of all of God’s known attributes mentioned in the Bible. The wisdom of God decrees that different attributes are needed so whereas mercy may be shown to the sinner, justice may be what is best for the tyrant. God both chastises and rewards as He is just but His Mercy exceeds His wrath and justice so we always have hope of His forgiveness if we truly are repentant and try to change.