WordSword

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

Why so many threads on one topic?  Every morning it seems like someone thought of a new way of saying the same thing, and this one is so brilliant, it must have a new thread.  Then they go into other topics and turn them into OSAS.   Why not lock all but one or consolidate them?   I don't see this tolerated on any other topic.

Let me give you examples.  Today, thread on how you can't be unborn.  Tomorrow, how you can't be unadopted.  Next day,  how anyone rejecting OSAS is carnal.  Next day, they are fearful.  Next, they are prideful.  Next,  they didn't enter into God's rest.  All are allowed to remain open.  They change nobody's mind and stir strife.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Firm Foundation said:

Why so many threads on one topic?  Every morning it seems like someone thought of a new way of saying the same thing, and this one is so brilliant, it must have a new thread.  Then they go into other topics and turn them into OSAS.   Why not lock all but one or consolidate them?   I don't see this tolerated on any other topic.

Let me give you examples.  Today, thread on how you can't be unborn.  Tomorrow, how you can't be unadopted.  Next day,  how anyone rejecting OSAS is carnal.  Next day, they are fearful.  Next, they are prideful.  Next,  they didn't enter into God's rest.  All are allowed to remain open.  They change nobody's mind and stir strife.

REPEAT

"For lack of wood the fire goes out, And where there is no whisperer, contention quiets down."

23 minutes ago, Sower said:

REPEAT

"For lack of wood the fire goes out, And where there is no whisperer, contention quiets down."

The real cause of the problem is the endless and often times insulting posts.  This isn't allowed with other topics.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,159
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I am suggesting everyone simply quit starting threads on it.  There must be a dozen, and stop turning every thread into OSAS. 

I'm certain that you are genuine in your comments, but the reason why there is greater difficulties concerning OSAS doctrine on all sites is because its the most import growth-truth relating to assurance. In posting on about 12 sites at a time over the last 15 years, I've noticed much less interactive discussions on OSAS-restricted sites (which have been only a few). It’s always a wonder to me how something so easily stated can become so greatly confused. It’s a certainty though, that the closer the Lord’s return, the more often the misunderstanding of the Word of God among many professing Christians, which is becoming more obvious all the time. This could partly be evidence of the latter-times-departure from the doctrine of faith mentioned in 1Timithy 4:1 (e.g. 2Ti 4:4), and partly lessons unlearned by immature believers.

There could be no greater opposition to growth in “the image of Christ” than doctrines which attribute errant concepts (though usually in ignorance) opposite to Christ’s teachings, that redemption within salvation is not fully completed at the moment of reception (rebirth in Christ by the Spirit); and such is the Christian walk, learning to apply that which has been given, which are “all things that pertain to life and godliness” (2Pe 1:3), thus progressively manifesting in our walk “all” that we already are and have in the Lord Jesus!

For professing believers who are in Christ, error, at most, can only delay (never hinder - Mat 24:24; Mar 13:22) the progression of one’s walk in the “conforming to the image of Christ.” For those professing to be in Christ but are unbelievers (whom have always been among the believers), they will eventually cease from their profession and continue on to manifest more of a “walk after the flesh” (sin nature). “For a good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit” (Mat 7:18).

Scripture is often worded to appear to be at times self-contradicting, and it’s my belief this is for the purpose of confusing those who profess falsely (Luk 8:10), and encouraging believers to continue to seek God for understanding (Pro 3:5) while maintaining study of His Word. Being delayed in our understanding of certain Biblical doctrines (more so concerning the most important) also teaches us patience with God and with one another with whom we share. After all, the summery of the teaching in Scripture in its entirety is “love one another” not “argue over who’s right or wrong.” The truths of God should only be discussed “in love,” or your purpose of discussion is being defeated. Christian debates can always be in kindness if you so desire, because there is always a nice way of saying anything!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, WordSword said:

I'm certain that you are genuine in your comments, but the reason why there is greater difficulties concerning OSAS doctrine on all sites is because its the most import growth-truth relating to assurance. In posting on about 12 sites at a time over the last 15 years, I've noticed much less interactive discussions on OSAS-restricted sites (which have been only a few). It’s always a wonder to me how something so easily stated can become so greatly confused. It’s a certainty though, that the closer the Lord’s return, the more often the misunderstanding of the Word of God among many professing Christians, which is becoming more obvious all the time. This could partly be evidence of the latter-times-departure from the doctrine of faith mentioned in 1Timithy 4:1 (e.g. 2Ti 4:4), and partly lessons unlearned by immature believers.

There could be no greater opposition to growth in “the image of Christ” than doctrines which attribute errant concepts (though usually in ignorance) opposite to Christ’s teachings, that redemption within salvation is not fully completed at the moment of reception (rebirth in Christ by the Spirit); and such is the Christian walk, learning to apply that which has been given, which are “all things that pertain to life and godliness” (2Pe 1:3), thus progressively manifesting in our walk “all” that we already are and have in the Lord Jesus!

For professing believers who are in Christ, error, at most, can only delay (never hinder - Mat 24:24; Mar 13:22) the progression of one’s walk in the “conforming to the image of Christ.” For those professing to be in Christ but are unbelievers (whom have always been among the believers), they will eventually cease from their profession and continue on to manifest more of a “walk after the flesh” (sin nature). “For a good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit” (Mat 7:18).

Scripture is often worded to appear to be at times self-contradicting, and it’s my belief this is for the purpose of confusing those who profess falsely (Luk 8:10), and encouraging believers to continue to seek God for understanding (Pro 3:5) while maintaining study of His Word. Being delayed in our understanding of certain Biblical doctrines (more so concerning the most important) also teaches us patience with God and with one another with whom we share. After all, the summery of the teaching in Scripture in its entirety is “love one another” not “argue over who’s right or wrong.” The truths of God should only be discussed “in love,” or your purpose of discussion is being defeated. Christian debates can always be in kindness if you so desire, because there is always a nice way of saying anything!

At the one message board I am a member of that takes an absolute stand against OSAS, the topic is rarely discussed and there is not much strife.  All I am saying is if both sides are allowed, treat it like other topics limit it to 1 open thread at a time, 2 at the most.

1 hour ago, Firm Foundation said:

At the one message board I am a member of that takes an absolute stand against OSAS, the topic is rarely discussed and there is not much strife.  All I am saying is if both sides are allowed, treat it like other topics limit it to 1 open thread at a time, 2 at the most.

I don't see a problem with this, or with anyone desiring to limit its discussion, but the doctrine is so prevalent is scripture's growth teachings that it's difficult to avoid sharing what and when you desire about it. Myself, I also see no problem keeping it out in the open, it gives more opportunity for truth revealing concerning it the more it is discussed (just my opinion). Appreciate your genuine concern and intentions, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, WordSword said:

I don't see a problem with this, or with anyone desiring to limit its discussion, but the doctrine is so prevalent is scripture's growth teachings that it's difficult to avoid sharing what and when you desire about it. Myself, I also see no problem keeping it out in the open, it gives more opportunity for truth revealing concerning it the more it is discussed (just my opinion). Appreciate your genuine concern and intentions, God bless.

Look at it from the other side.  Supposedly this is a non-essential when it comes to salvation.  The church at large is split on it and many consider OSAS  a false,  man made doctrine, not something you mature into believing.  What are the "mature" Christians saying to convince them?   They accuse them of being prideful, trying to save themselves, being fallen from grace, false, fearful among other things, and blame them  when this leads to strife.  Nether Wesley or  Luther ever held to OSAS.   All that is happening is people are choosing sides.  It has zero to do with Christian development.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

The real cause of the problem is the endless and often times insulting posts.  This isn't allowed with other topics.  

What I posted happens to be the word of God.
If the shoe doesn't fit, don't put it on.
When I cannot convince someone with my understanding,
I use scripture, when appropriate.
Then, sometimes I need to 'just give it a rest'..........default_cool2.gif.273a96c9c8ab966d8c273ddca7f31c63.gif
Were in this together, Firm, the same team.

44 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Look at it from the other side.  Supposedly this is a non-essential when it comes to salvation.  The church at large is split on it and many consider OSAS  a false,  man made doctrine, not something you mature into believing.  What are the "mature" Christians saying to convince them?   They accuse them of being prideful, trying to save themselves, being fallen from grace, false, fearful among other things, and blame them  when this leads to strife.  Nether Wesley or  Luther ever held to OSAS.   All that is happening is people are choosing sides.  It has zero to do with Christian development.  

Again, good points, because to unbelievers, those professing faith and arguing can appear false. But that's typical of unbelievers, to ever attempt to make believers appear hypocritical of our faith, because they are intimidated and threatened to see the truth genuinely practiced. I think an important note is that it's mostly when we are in disagreements because of our different understandings gives more opportunity to learn to disagree in a loving way, so they cannot avoid seeing us as Christ's disciples as we continue to learn and grow in the love of God for one another (Jhn 13:35).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

If the good shepherd fled, when the wolf attacks, He would not be very good, and when people only shout and talk, the wolf will kill the sheep, it is clear who is the Spirit of the good shepherd, and who will flee and only talks and lays not their life down, but their own entertainment is all they offer you.

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

They oppose law keeping, saying Christ fulfilled it (laying His life down for the sheep) and they DO NOT NEED TO...

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.