WordSword

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Here's the BIG difference between the "Law" keepers and those that are saved by Grace that I have observed in all of the arguments in these kind of threads...

Those that truly understand the Mercy and Grace the Cross of Calvary provided for us, when we stand before it in memory and worship of what our God subjected and submitted Himself to, when we understand in the Light of the Glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ, when we are in His Presence, .........there is one verse in Scripture that rings true in our heart, ...that we argue with our beloved brother:

No Paul, you are wrong, ...I'm the chief, the worst sinner to ever walk on this planet!!!

I've never heard any of the "Law keeping" groupies, ...ever say that...

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Here's the BIG difference between the "Law" keepers and those that are saved by Grace that I have observed in all of the arguments in these kind of threads...

Those that truly understand the Mercy and Grace the Cross of Calvary provided for us, when we stand before it in memory and worship of what our God subjected and submitted Himself to, when we understand in the Light of the Glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ, when we are in His Presence, .........there is one verse in Scripture that rings true in our heart, ...that we argue with our beloved brother:

No Paul, you are wrong, ...I'm the chief, the worst sinner to ever walk on this planet!!!

I've never heard any of the "Law keeping" groupies, ...ever say that...

I have been telling this Truth for years....in another Forum Group, year’s ago, I mentioned that Paul was a Brilliant man, but he got it wrong when he claimed to be “Chief Of Sinners”.I posted there, as I have here that it was time for Paul to “ step aside , there’s a new kid in town”. Of course, shallow thinkers there,as their cohorts here ,were outraged that anybody would say anything negative about Paul.They missed the point entirely.As usual.

Paul did things that were unspeakable, but at least he “ thought” he was doing the right thing.Terrible things that I did were wrong and I “ knew” they were wrong.That is why I don’t make my claim to be “ controversial “ or “ cute”.

Passing Through’s curiosity has mirrored my own thinking— why don’t others feel this way? It has been said “The closer you get to God — The farther away from Him you see yourself” ( there’s another insight that the shallow thinkers will scratch their heads over and criticise ) The meeting point between God and man is the Conviction of sin— a painful, but vital beginning  to the Christian Walk.Why look for a Savior if you don’t see the need for one? I think many people here have not really “ met” God , much less “ know” Him .I think people that are not contrite, those who have not seen that they are least in the running for Paul’s self-given title of“Chief Of Sinners” have an identity problem that needs to be addressed.As I have mentioned before.....They have yet to have their “ Woe is Me” Moment—- the moment that all True Believers share.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, DustyRoad said:

When I was a servant of this flesh I had it on good authority: I would be cast into the fire during the judgment to come. Some of us knew that! I was rotten to the core because like you I did plenty of wrong knowing the score all along. I deserved to die and I desired it fervently knowing full well that I would suffer the second death. The Lord had something else in mind for me, though. I had no clue...

We're more alike than we are different, BB. I highlighted what you wrote above because it's an excellent example of your penchant to type the truth here. I get why others think I'm fit for a straightjacket: God revealed himself to me, a horrible man who didn't deserve a crumb of his mercy. The Lord did more than give that crumb, friends. He set my table! 

Fit for a straight jacket? Everybody is “Normal”.......... until you get to know them......lol .....lots of truth in that  observation.....

We are all wretched sinners to the very core of our beings. Some know it and others don’t .Before putting our faith in the Finished Work Of Christ we were all headed to Hell like a speeding bullet.A well-deserved Hell, I might add.The moment I saw myself for what I was - a helpless, hopeless sinner— was the most horrible moment of my life .Paradoxically , It was also the most Valuable.This Conviction, this eye opening experience that delivered me from the delusion of the “  Fool’s Paradise” I had been living in all of my life , was the reason I TURNED TO GOD in the Real Repentance That is Mandantory for Salvation “ Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw him” This is how the Spirit “ Draws”. The conviction of Sin. The awareness that you are a sinner that MUST have a Savior or you are DOOMED.The Philippian Jailer Who cried out “ what must I do to be saved?” Had been convicted of sin or why would he be concerned about it? The Publican who cried out , “ Lord have mercy on me a sinner!” Had been convicted in that same manner.

Both you and I  and  others here have LIVED this Conviction of Sin, that lead to the “Turning to God with Faith in Christ” ( Saving Repentance,not the other kind that is a daily sorrow for sins) We Know about the “ change of mind” ( metanoia) That  turned our lives upside down and changed us forever.

There are two types of “ believers” that post here.Some are “Trying” to be saved- the Legalists  that insist they must somehow “ live the life” with their works and good deeds . The other group has seen their  true wretchedness and know it is a joke from Satan that we can do ANYTHING other than cling to the Cross and put our Faith in the undeserved Grace Of God.

Are there two types of Christianity? One type that has been convicted by the Holy Spirit and knows that Grace and Faith in the Shed Blood and that ALONE is their only hope.Is there a  second type of “ Christian”—One That gives lip- service to Jesus But always keeps one foot firmly planted in Works.

Are we discussing two competing types of Christianity or are we discussing wheat and Tares? Why should My type of Christian experiences be any different than somebody else’s?Maybe the Legalists  here have never truly met God and experienced the Horror that The Holy Spirit and that Spirit ONLY can reveal to them.Perhaps they think they must “Do” something because they have never undergone the true First Step Of Salvation— being Convicted by the Holy Spirit—- seeing that they are HOPELESS.The ONLY remedy is Christ’s Blood and our Faith.Maybe Those That mix Grace and Works are lost because they have not been paid a fearful visit by the  Spirit Of  God. “ Work out your Salvation  with FEAR and TREMBLING”......I worked out mine- I know all about a night of “ fear and trembling”. How about you? Are you a “ professer” of Christianity or are you are “Possessor” Of the convicting Holy Spirit That really makes you one? May God grant all of Wisdom in these matters.God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 10/2/2019 at 12:14 PM, Who me said:

To aspects that those who want to shut the OT out of the church always ignore.

1/ We are commanded to obey Jesus. How does he want us to obey him? By keeping his commands.

What are his commands?  guess what..... the 10 commandments.

2. Paul in romans talks about the law, about how it does not save, but how it leads people to Jesus and because of this, 'we up hold the law.'

Wrong!  We are told His commands are to believe in Christ and to love one another.  

Jhn 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Jhn 13:34  A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

1Jn 3:23  And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 10/11/2019 at 11:50 PM, Firm Foundation said:

It doesn't say that God shall save everyone to the uttermost.  It says he is capable of doing it.  Big difference.  That wasn't even hard to dispute.  

Joh 6:39  And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.

Joh 6:40  For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

Jesus also said that He came to do the Father's will and does nothing but what the Father showed Him to do and say.  It sounds like a done deal to me.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/12/2019 at 10:38 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Do you really believe the intent of that verse was to show the  “capabilities of God ?” The intent was to comfort and give assurance to all that come to Him in the only manner that He will accept ....Through His  Son.To those that do it the Way God demands- HE will see that anything and everything else will be taken care of

Note to Newbies.....Have you ever heard the term “Accuser of the Brethern?”Some people really seem to relish that role.....They live to sew doubt and take away the assurance that God wants for His Children....Paul  never said to try to convince them of the Truth.....you can't argue with these types.....Paul said to stay away from them.....good advice...Come to Jesus with Faith in His Gospel ALONE and let God do the work in your life He longs to do.......ignore those who are not happy until they find  a way to make every verse  in the Bible sound like you are bound for Hell......God Bless

This is straying very close to getting personal. Please refrain from this going forward in this thread or you will be removed from it!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 10/12/2019 at 3:12 AM, nzkev said:

Hebrews 7:25

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Romans 10:9 King James Version (KJV)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

You are saved when you do that, but it doesn't say you can't be lost again.

On 10/12/2019 at 5:49 AM, Debp said:

You mentioned other denominations as well, saying they reject eternal security.   I wonder if you were incorrect about any of them?  You are incorrect about Presbyterians.   Presbyterians believe in eternal security.

If one reads the following article carefully, one will see Presbyterians believe in eternal security.   And that it is a work of God in us that helps us to persevere.   Also explained in the article is that not everyone is a true Christian, so that is the reason some fall away.

https://www.opc.org/qa.html?question_id=49

I was incorrect about Presbyterians, but not the others.  I looked into this further and even found a survey showing 52 percent person of protestants believe works are necessary to be saved.  That is even going further than what I believe.  All Wesleyan and Methodist churches as well as AOG and Lutherans believe you can lose salvation.

On 10/12/2019 at 6:52 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Firm Foundation,

Thank you for your reply. Now just to have some clarification -

1. `Do you mean that in your own strength, you try not to commit murder?`

And - `We read that the Lord told the people of Israel -

`You have heard that it was said to those of old, "You shall not murder," and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment. BUT I SAY TO YOU that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment......` (Matt. 5: 21 & 22)

Jesus spoke of other commandments and then goes on to say,` BUT I SAY TO YOU....` where He is referring to the heart motivation.

2. `So how do you keep your heart motivation right?

Marilyn.

I believe Jesus was just showing why we all need grace, not saying thoughts are as bad as deeds.  He never says it is as bad to lust as commit adultery, but says you did it in your heart.

12 hours ago, Willa said:

Joh 6:39  And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.

Joh 6:40  For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

Jesus also said that He came to do the Father's will and does nothing but what the Father showed Him to do and say.  It sounds like a done deal to me.

And yet the Bible that Jesus lost one in Judas Iscariot and specifically says that in reference to that scripture.