• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Give me a break, will ya? Do you really think I am not offended by murder an rape? Do you think people here are too stupid to recognize an evasion of a question .Now, please answer it.

Making jokes about rape and murder shows a person isn't taking it serious.  This also shows no understanding of the gospel.  It makes light of that too.  Yes, if a person truly repents and means it, God will forgive them.  If you don't understand that, you don't understand the basics, but the notion that unrepentant murderers and rapists will live next door to their victims in heaven is disgusting, and that is the message that being conveyed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

On 14 October 2019 at 12:42 AM, Willa said:

Wrong!  We are told His commands are to believe in Christ and to love one another.

Jhn 6:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Jhn 13:34  A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

1Jn 3:23  And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.

And they are just a more detailed way of saying the 10 commandments.

To love God and to love others, is that not covered by what you've written?

4 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Give me a break, will ya? Do you really think I am not offended by murder an rape? Do you think people here are too stupid to recognize an evasion of a question .Now, please answer it.

Making jokes about rape and murder shows a person isn't taking it serious.  This also shows no understanding of the gospel.  It makes light of that too.  Yes, if a person truly repents and means it, God will forgive them.  If you don't understand that, you don't understand the basics, but the notion that unrepentant murderers and rapists will live next door to their victims in heaven is disgusting, and that is the message that being conveyed.

15 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Your non-answer speaks volumes.....

I had internet issues.  That was a despicable joke.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

@Firm Foundation: I think you know, in your heart of hearts, that Blood Bought  doesn't approve of, or endorse, 1 or 1000s of rapes and murders.  He is clearly trying to make a point or be funny, albeit in an unwise and unfunny way.  But just as it's foolish for him to joke about such things, don't you think it's just as foolish for you to pursue him on it, as if he ACTUALLY meant it?  Come on, I think you know deep inside that he doesn't approve of such things.  In all seriousness, what is the outcome you are after from all of this?  Isn't this topic already spiralling to a dark and heavy area?

@Blood Bought 1953: If you walk in the way of grace, why not demonstrate it in your ways rather than persistently being provocative and rude  in your posts, veiling insults thinly?  If your way is the truth and full of grace and mercy, why not assume that Firm Foundation is a brother/sister of a weaker conscience and treat them with respect, love, patience, kindness and understanding?  Even if Firm strikes out at you, shouldn't you rise above it and show them the way of grace by turning the other cheek?  What do you want the outcome of this to be?  Would you be happy if Firm left this forum today, never to be seen again?  Would you be glad that you won or sad that you lost a brother/sister?  Hopefully the latter - if it did happen.   

Surely, it seems like the both of you have a disagreement.  But sadly it looks like stubbornness has overtaken reason in this debate now, and it's just a "You said this! that must mean..." or "Oh so you think that? You must also think...".  Come on - I think you're both better than this.  Every Christian is better than getting into these slinging matches - which, to be fair, are easy to slip into.

So Firm,  write off Blood's words as foolishness.  Have you never said anything foolish yourself?  Or would you like God to hold them to your charge just as you continue to hold these words to Blood's charge?

Blood, be kind and patient to Firm.  If you understand the depths of His grace, then don't retaliate to Firm and speak to Him with words full of love and understanding.  God would be more pleased with this than attempts at humour in sensitive times.

I'll tell you what, you can both team up together against me if you want :) I'm sure you'll both find something in common which is lacking in me!  Perhaps the very fact that I have rebuked you both!   As long as you work together, I welcome your shots, because one of you ain't enough man... :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

@Firm Foundation: I think you know, in your heart of hearts, that Blood Bought  doesn't approve of, or endorse, 1 or 1000s of rapes and murders.  He is clearly trying to make a point or be funny, albeit in an unwise and unfunny way.  But just as it's foolish for him to joke about such things, don't you think it's just as foolish for you to pursue him on it, as if he ACTUALLY meant it?  Come on, I think you know deep inside that he doesn't approve of such things.  In all seriousness, what is the outcome you are after from all of this?  Isn't this topic already spiralling to a dark and heavy area?

@Blood Bought 1953: If you walk in the way of grace, why not demonstrate it in your ways rather than persistently being provocative and rude  in your posts, veiling insults thinly?  If your way is the truth and full of grace and mercy, why not assume that Firm Foundation is a brother/sister of a weaker conscience and treat them with respect, love, patience, kindness and understanding?  Even if Firm strikes out at you, shouldn't you rise above it and show them the way of grace by turning the other cheek?  What do you want the outcome of this to be?  Would you be happy if Firm left this forum today, never to be seen again?  Would you be glad that you won or sad that you lost a brother/sister?  Hopefully the latter - if it did happen.   

Surely, it seems like the both of you have a disagreement.  But sadly it looks like stubbornness has overtaken reason in this debate now, and it's just a "You said this! that must mean..." or "Oh so you think that? You must also think...".  Come on - I think you're both better than this.  Every Christian is better than getting into these slinging matches - which, to be fair, are easy to slip into.

So Firm,  write off Blood's words as foolishness.  Have you never said anything foolish yourself?  Or would you like God to hold them to your charge just as you continue to hold these words to Blood's charge?

Blood, be kind and patient to Firm.  If you understand the depths of His grace, then don't retaliate to Firm and speak to Him with words full of love and understanding.  God would be more pleased with this than attempts at humour in sensitive times.

I'll tell you what, you can both team up together against me if you want :) I'm sure you'll both find something in common which is lacking in me!  Perhaps the very fact that I have rebuked you both!   As long as you work together, I welcome your shots, because one of you ain't enough man... :ph34r:

The person in question does believe unrepentant rapists and murderers who believe in Jesus go to heaven and made a joke of those who disagree, and you consider me the weaker brother?  There is something seriously wrong with a doctrine like that.  What he said wasn't a mistake!  He meant it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Please show me where this so-called “ joke” is? I am using a ridiculous scenario to make a point which hopefully other readers will understand as it goes over your head.Nobody in my home is laughing at anything.

Neither the Rapist nor the victim of the rape will be living in Heaven without Repentance.The type of Repentance I am referring to is the “ change of mind” where one turns to God as a lost sinner who and recognizes Jesus as his ONLY hope of Salvation.The repentance you are referring to- a heartfelt sorrow and guilt over sins- is something a saved person will experience.An unsaved man ( think Judas) can do the same thing.This type of repentance does not save nor does it keep anyone saved. Any rapist that Turns to God with Faith in Jesus will be in Heaven.Any victim of rape who has never repented in the manner that God demands- Turning to God with faith in Jesus- will not be there with the rapist.Its all about the Turn To God, not the sorrow for sin, even though a sorrow for sin can lead up to the Repentance that saves .Perhaps that is where the confusion lies .

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem is @Tzephanyahu, his doctrine really means you can have an unrepentant man living next door to a woman he raped and killed in heaven because he believes in Jesus.

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Please show me where this so-called “ joke” is? I am using a ridiculous scenario to make a point which hopefully other readers will understand as it goes over your head.Nobody in my home is laughing at anything.

Neither the Rapist nor the victim of the rape will be living in Heaven without Repentance.The type of Repentance I am referring to is the “ change of mind” where one turns to God as a lost sinner who and recognizes Jesus as his ONLY hope of Salvation.The repentance you are referring to- a heartfelt sorrow and guilt over sins- is something a saved person will experience.An unsaved man ( think Judas) can do the same thing.This type of repentance does not save nor does it keep anyone saved. Any rapist that Turns to God with Faith in Jesus will be in Heaven.Any victim of rape who has never repented in the manner that God demands- Turning to God with faith in Jesus- will not be there with the rapist.Its all about the Turn To God, not the sorrow for sin, even though a sorrow for sin can lead up to the Repentance that saves .Perhaps that is where the confusion lies .

What you call repenting isn't sorrow for sin and turning from sin, but just believing.  You say if he believes he goes to heaven.  That is the point.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Edited by Tzephanyahu
unnecessary post