• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

14 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

@Firm Foundation: I think you know, in your heart of hearts, that Blood Bought  doesn't approve of, or endorse, 1 or 1000s of rapes and murders.  He is clearly trying to make a point or be funny, albeit in an unwise and unfunny way.  But just as it's foolish for him to joke about such things, don't you think it's just as foolish for you to pursue him on it, as if he ACTUALLY meant it?  Come on, I think you know deep inside that he doesn't approve of such things.  In all seriousness, what is the outcome you are after from all of this?  Isn't this topic already spiralling to a dark and heavy area?

@Blood Bought 1953: If you walk in the way of grace, why not demonstrate it in your ways rather than persistently being provocative and rude  in your posts, veiling insults thinly?  If your way is the truth and full of grace and mercy, why not assume that Firm Foundation is a brother/sister of a weaker conscience and treat them with respect, love, patience, kindness and understanding?  Even if Firm strikes out at you, shouldn't you rise above it and show them the way of grace by turning the other cheek?  What do you want the outcome of this to be?  Would you be happy if Firm left this forum today, never to be seen again?  Would you be glad that you won or sad that you lost a brother/sister?  Hopefully the latter - if it did happen.   

Surely, it seems like the both of you have a disagreement.  But sadly it looks like stubbornness has overtaken reason in this debate now, and it's just a "You said this! that must mean..." or "Oh so you think that? You must also think...".  Come on - I think you're both better than this.  Every Christian is better than getting into these slinging matches - which, to be fair, are easy to slip into.

So Firm,  write off Blood's words as foolishness.  Have you never said anything foolish yourself?  Or would you like God to hold them to your charge just as you continue to hold these words to Blood's charge?

Blood, be kind and patient to Firm.  If you understand the depths of His grace, then don't retaliate to Firm and speak to Him with words full of love and understanding.  God would be more pleased with this than attempts at humour in sensitive times.

I'll tell you what, you can both team up together against me if you want :) I'm sure you'll both find something in common which is lacking in me!  Perhaps the very fact that I have rebuked you both!   As long as you work together, I welcome your shots, because one of you ain't enough man... :ph34r:

Thanks for your concern, but your analysis is mistaken from the get-go.....maybe I will explain later ....right now- it’s off to the golf course......everybody watch your heads!   Lol....

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

We are so far apart in what we are saying, it should be obvious what the differences are between OSAS  and non-OSAS.  

As far as Butero and his site goes, there may be minor points where we differ, but I am worlds apart from this hypergrace message.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Would you prefer to be seen as a stronger brother?  Consider me weak rather than strong, weaker than the both of you.  I consider myself this way for the errors I know of and those I'm still to discover about myself.   So don't be insulted, I consider you stronger than I.  That wasn't my point.

I have seen what you have said and what Blood has said.  I've seen him write a few times something along the lines of "Do you really think I meant that??" and "Of course I don't believe that" - that's not verbatim, but a summary.   Shall we ignore something of things he says and stand firm on other things?  I wouldn't want to be judged on SOME of my words and I'm sure you wouldn't.

But I'm not against you and for Blood.  I'm against you guys fighting over air.  By all means, debate away on the issue, but let's let accusations go so the matter can be discussed deeply rather than derailed over a matter of "humour", which often floods Blood's posts.  

But let's say you're right and he IS unrepentant and DID mean it.  You've made your point, the fruit is there for all to read.  Let's hope and pray that he reaches repentance and is restored - IF that is the case.

I am not saying he is unrepentant.  Who am I to say?  I am saying I understand his doctrine.  He means what he says.  He unapologetically believes in unconditional security.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Edited by Tzephanyahu
unnecessary post

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,181
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Rebelling against God is going against Him=HIS WORD.

Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft its an abomination to God

1 Samuel 15:23

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the Word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Hebrews ch3: v7-15

A Rest for God's People

So then, as the Holy Spirit says,

“If you hear God's voice today,
    do not be stubborn, as your ancestors were when they rebelled against God,
    as they were that day in the desert when they put him to the test.
There they put me to the test and tried me, says God,
    although they had seen what I did for forty years.
10 And so I was angry with those people and said,
    ‘They are always disloyal
    and refuse to obey my commands.’
11 I was angry and made a solemn promise:
    ‘They will never enter the land where I would have given them rest!’”

12 My friends, be careful that none of you have a heart so evil and unbelieving that you will turn away from the living God. 13 Instead, in order that none of you be deceived by sin and become stubborn, you must help one another every day, as long as the word “Today” in the scripture applies to us. 14 For we are all partners with Christ if we hold firmly to the end the confidence we had at the beginning.

15 This is what the scripture says:

“If you hear God's voice today,
    do not be stubborn, as your ancestors were
    when they rebelled against God.”

16 Who were the people who heard God's voice and rebelled against him? All those who were led out of Egypt by Moses. 17 With whom was God angry for forty years? With the people who sinned, who fell down dead in the desert. 18 When God made his solemn promise, “They will never enter the land where I would have given them rest”—of whom was he speaking? Of those who rebelled. 19 We see, then, that they were not able to enter the land, because they did not believe.

If one truly believes one does not go on stubbornly rebelling

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

19 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

The new covenant is greater in more ways than that.   Jesus breaks the bondages of sin.   He is merciful to us when we sin, but there is a difference in willful sins and sins done by mistake or without thought.  In that way, all do sin, but not like people are teaching here.

1Jn 1:6  If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

1Jn 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

This covers sins done by mistake or without knowledge of them--the blood of Jesus automatically covers them. 

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This covers willful sin.  We only need to confess them to God and He will forgive and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

4 hours ago, Who me said:

And they are just a more detailed way of saying the 10 commandments.

To love God and to love others, is that not covered by what you've written?

Of course those are covered.  Paul and John were mostly concerned with how we treat our neighbors.  Loving God is a given.

"

19 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

.  In that way, all do sin, but not like people are teaching here.

How do you think people here teach about sin???  What is hyper grace to you?

3 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

The problem is @Tzephanyahu, his doctrine really means you can have an unrepentant man living next door to a woman he raped and killed in heaven because he believes in Jesus.

Remember that the person who believes has not only turned away from sin and turned to Christ for forgiveness, he also has a new lifestyle of trusting in, depending on, relying on and clinging to Christ daily.  That is what the word believe means in Greek.  It is a verb implying active faith, not just mental assent.  Even the demons have mental assent about Christ.  The rapist has also made Jesus his Lord, which means has turned away from sin and now walks with God, following and obeying the Holy Spirit.  To be saved a person needs to surrender to Christ as their Lord and Master as well as receiving Him as their Savior, risen from the dead.   

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  4,181
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, Willa said:

1Jn 1:6  If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

1Jn 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

This covers sins done by mistake or without knowledge of them--the blood of Jesus automatically covers them. 

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This covers willful sin.  We only need to confess them to God and He will forgive and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This is correct but some here are saying we don't even have to confess our sins, no need for repentance all is good just have faith.

True faith in Christ is believing and following His WORD

We can't continue in Gods Word and Plan of Mercy and Grace through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus and also continue living in satans world ie murdering, stealing, prostitution, drug dealing,  and think, all is good, we are covered, we don't even need to repent or confess our sins.   No that is wrong and misleading away from Gods WORD

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1