WordSword

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

God chastens those He loves.  Those who go on sinning will be severely corrected for their pride and rebellion.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

52 minutes ago, Willa said:

Of course those are covered.  Paul and John were mostly concerned with how we treat our neighbors.  Loving God is a given.

Sorry nothing can be taken as 'given' on any christian forum, there are so many Christians who do not know what Christianity is, or what it involves.

look at the thread a blessing if you want an example.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Willa said:

1Jn 1:6  If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

1Jn 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

This covers sins done by mistake or without knowledge of them--the blood of Jesus automatically covers them. 

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This covers willful sin.  We only need to confess them to God and He will forgive and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I absolutely agree with you about confession.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Betha said:

Heb 8v10.......NT.....I will put  my laws into their mind and write them in their hearts.....

Hi Bertha,

Haven`t talked with you before I don`t think. So, yes Heb. 8 verse 10 -

`For this is the COVENANT that I will make with the HOUSE OF ISRAEL: I will put my laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God and they shall be my people.` (Heb. 8: 10)

Marilyn.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

@Firm Foundation: I think you know, in your heart of hearts, that Blood Bought  doesn't approve of, or endorse, 1 or 1000s of rapes and murders.  He is clearly trying to make a point or be funny, albeit in an unwise and unfunny way.  But just as it's foolish for him to joke about such things, don't you think it's just as foolish for you to pursue him on it, as if he ACTUALLY meant it?  Come on, I think you know deep inside that he doesn't approve of such things.  In all seriousness, what is the outcome you are after from all of this?  Isn't this topic already spiralling to a dark and heavy area?

@Blood Bought 1953: If you walk in the way of grace, why not demonstrate it in your ways rather than persistently being provocative and rude  in your posts, veiling insults thinly?  If your way is the truth and full of grace and mercy, why not assume that Firm Foundation is a brother/sister of a weaker conscience and treat them with respect, love, patience, kindness and understanding?  Even if Firm strikes out at you, shouldn't you rise above it and show them the way of grace by turning the other cheek?  What do you want the outcome of this to be?  Would you be happy if Firm left this forum today, never to be seen again?  Would you be glad that you won or sad that you lost a brother/sister?  Hopefully the latter - if it did happen.   

Surely, it seems like the both of you have a disagreement.  But sadly it looks like stubbornness has overtaken reason in this debate now, and it's just a "You said this! that must mean..." or "Oh so you think that? You must also think...".  Come on - I think you're both better than this.  Every Christian is better than getting into these slinging matches - which, to be fair, are easy to slip into.

So Firm,  write off Blood's words as foolishness.  Have you never said anything foolish yourself?  Or would you like God to hold them to your charge just as you continue to hold these words to Blood's charge?

Blood, be kind and patient to Firm.  If you understand the depths of His grace, then don't retaliate to Firm and speak to Him with words full of love and understanding.  God would be more pleased with this than attempts at humour in sensitive times.

I'll tell you what, you can both team up together against me if you want :) I'm sure you'll both find something in common which is lacking in me!  Perhaps the very fact that I have rebuked you both!   As long as you work together, I welcome your shots, because one of you ain't enough man... :ph34r:

Take the following as Arrogance if you want to... I don’t care what you think of me or my ways, and your “ rebuke” means nothing to me.There was a time that I would be really concerned about setting straight all of your assumptions about me , and all of the errors you have made in what you  think I believe in and in what I am trying to do. How Anybody could think I was making fun of rape and murder is beyond me..If you consider the things I post here as “ foolishness”, we are living in two different universes .My Universe believes NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD for Salvation and Although Paul and myself have very little in common, like him— I will not put up with any false teachings that are false gospels that say stuff like “ Jesus Saves, BUT you have to repent of all your  sins to STAY saved.” Show me where it says “ Repent of   all your sins to be saved”.  I will say it for the hundredth time— Repentance is MANDANTORY for Salvation......It doe not mean Turning FROM sin.....it means Turning T O God with Faith in Jesus Christ.Let me know when you are ready to join me in my universe of Jesus Plus Nothing. I ain’t gonna change my mind. If anybody here in Worthy preaches a false gospel of works ( including repenting of sins to stay saved) I’ll continue to speak out.Those with ears to hear will know where I am coming from.No brag . Just fact.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

20 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Take the following as Arrogance if you want to... I don’t care what you think of me or my ways, and your “ rebuke” means nothing to me.There was a time that I would be really concerned about setting straight all of your assumptions about me , and all of the errors you have made in what you  think I believe in and in what I am trying to do. How Anybody could think I was making fun of rape and murder is beyond me..If you consider the things I post here as “ foolishness”, we are living in two different universes .My Universe believes NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD for Salvation and Although Paul and myself have very little in common, like him— I will not put up with any false teachings that are false gospels that say stuff like “ Jesus Saves, BUT you have to repent of all your  sins to STAY saved.” Show me where it says “ Repent of   all your sins to be saved”.  I will say it for the hundredth time— Repentance is MANDANTORY for Salvation......It doe not mean Turning FROM sin.....it means Turning T O God with Faith in Jesus Christ.Let me know when you are ready to join me in my universe of Jesus Plus Nothing. I ain’t gonna change my mind. If anybody here in Worthy preaches a false gospel of works ( including repenting of sins to stay saved) I’ll continue to speak out.Those with ears to hear will know where I am coming from.No brag . Just fact.

I usually agree with most of what you say.  However, my studies show that repentance is turning away from sin and conversion is turning to God.  We usually use the word to mean both.  I agree that a gospel of works is a false gospel.  However, the Holy Spirit works on us to confess our sins to God.  Even new believers, when they have repeated a prayer that of salvation that says nothing about their sin, will then say "now what do I do with my sins?".   I have seen that over and over because that is what the Holy Spirit does:  He convicts of sin, righteousness and judgement.  We serve such a wonderful God!  

I also agree that our salvation is an unearned, unmerited gift.  That is so humbling, and makes us ask "Why me, and why not so and so.  I don't deserve such mercy and grace!"  Well, that is what makes it grace.  Maybe if we were the ilk that thinks we deserve it --that we are entitled to it--He would not have saved us.  God doesn't owe us anything, but we owe Him everything.  God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

So many great answers in this thread. I’m learning a lot. Praise God!

7 hours ago, 1to3 said:

We can't continue in Gods Word and Plan of Mercy and Grace through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus and also continue living in satans world ie murdering, stealing, prostitution, drug dealing,  and think, all is good, we are covered, we don't even need to repent or confess our sins.   No that is wrong and misleading away from Gods WORD

No genuine Cristian would want to do these things.   

• This is Worthy 2

1 hour ago, Willa said:

I usually agree with most of what you say.  However, my studies show that repentance is turning away from sin and conversion is turning to God.  We usually use the word to mean both.  I agree that a gospel of works is a false gospel.  However, the Holy Spirit works on us to confess our sins to God.  Even new believers, when they have repeated a prayer that of salvation that says nothing about their sin, will then say "now what do I do with my sins?".   I have seen that over and over because that is what the Holy Spirit does:  He convicts of sin, righteousness and judgement.  We serve such a wonderful God!  

I also agree that our salvation is an unearned, unmerited gift.  That is so humbling, and makes us ask "Why me, and why not so and so.  I don't deserve such mercy and grace!"  Well, that is what makes it grace.  Maybe if we were the ilk that thinks we deserve it --that we are entitled to it--He would not have saved us.  God doesn't owe us anything, but we owe Him everything.  God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.

Yes it is certainly true.....we agree on much! I have the utmost respect for your posts and I know that you know your Bible. One would think that would be a prerequisite here, but........lol......

Here is what I have learned after very much study and believe to be true ...

There are three Greek words that the translators translated “ repentance” ( please forgive any misspelled words)

Metamelotis....this means something that is irrevocable, something that can’t be taken back.An example would be “ the gifts and callings of God are Metamelotis” or without recall.

Metamelomai.....this means regret or sorrow - simply think Judas.For  all of His  Metamelomai , He was not saved.

Metanoia.....this literally means “ mind change”. When we Metanoia about who Jesus was and is ; that is the “ repentance” that saves us.

To repent of sins to be saved is not in the KJV— “ Repentance towards God, with Faith in Jesus Christ” most certainly is ! The word translated as “ repentance” is Metanoia.We “change our minds” and go from unfaith in Jesus to Faith in Jesus...I think we could all agree that Faith in Jesus is what saves no matter what name we put on it.

I put up a video in the video section entitled True Repentance.....please check it out.....it is a more detailed description of what I have posted here....I also have something else I may add here later....God bless you, fine Lady... 

I left out this little jewel..... if repentance means to repent of sins, guess who repented more than anybody else in the Bible? If you answered “ God” , Go to the head of the class! God repented 38 times in the Bible.....care to explain that, all of you that put your faith in repenting from sins as opposed to Believing the Gospel?

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Brilliant! 1

2 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I admit to being shocked when I discovered that there are those who don't believe God does such things. I've described this as being changed into a completely different man in the blink of an eye. That's what happened when God's Spirit came to dwell with me: metanoia.

This is the reason all of this stuff is so difficult to drill into people’s heads .....One has to LIVE it to understand it.....only a visit from the Holy Spirit That convicts one of the wretchedness Of Himself Before a Holy God can get one to where they need to be......Hopefully If one sees that the Mercy Of God is the only hope he has, he will make the next move and cry out like the Publican did—- “ Lord , have mercy on me, a sinner!” It worked for me.What a great God we have!  “ ALL those that ask for Mercy shall receive it” The starting point of Christianity is seeing one’s wretchedness.Pray for a convicting visit by the Holy Spirit. “ Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw him”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1