Help ending an affair

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am married and have been in an affair for 3 years.  I know I am completely wrong in so many ways and completely selfish in my ways.  I am looking for advice on how to end things and minimize hurting anyone.  My wife is unaware of my activity.  I do care for the woman and when this started I was making many bad decisions, I feel off the wagon and began drinking again and from there I went on a downward spiral, quickly. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

• Praying! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I don't see any way that you can end this without people being hurt, but you do need to end it as soon as possible.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

Tell the women you are having an affair with Good bye.

Delete her email, phone number, message,text, Twitter, every form of contact and never speak to her again.

Enroll in marriage counseling, join alcoholic anonymous.

Speak to your minister, admitting everything and getting his advice how to go forwards.

People laugh at pence, because he will not be alone with any woman other than his wife.

Cope that practice.

Be total open about where you have been, what you have been doing.

You need to demonstrate your trustworthiness to your wife and your total commitment to her.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

26 minutes ago, Frank J said:

I am married and have been in an affair for 3 years.

Hi @Frank J

This appears to be your first post here on the forums, so welcome to Worthy, and I'm glad you were able to get this message out for responses. What has been yet to be established, is are you a Christian believer or not? This may seem beside the point in your life at this time, but it's vital for any possibility to begin restoring your marriage, if that is still a priority for you.

The best choice right now is to stop drinking. No decision can be made with a foggy brain attempting to function. The other woman must know this affair would not last forever, if I understand you correctly. Chances are your wife already suspects it. Most do, so please be aware of that. Honesty with her will have to be brought to light soon enough, and I pray she will be willing to forgive the infidelity. God bless you, friend. All who have read your post will be praying for you. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would have to know your wife before giving you any advice on how to handle things beyond saying end the affair, destroy any history of it if the woman you are affairing with is ok with it and enroll yourself in AA and stop drinking.

Talking it over with your wife is something I can't even begin to think about much less talk about without knowing your wife.....    if your wife is like my wife, and you tell her your relationship and marriage is over....   period.   No questions, no comments just get the hell out of my life.       If you have a wife like that and you want to continue with her and you can just keep it to yourself.....       if she' the forgiving type you might chance it and let her know.....       Whatever the case you need marriage counseling because you definitely do not know how to treat a wife.   Admitting mistakes is one thing but knowing how to treat her is a different story.

If you can you might try Family Life's "Weekend to Remember"      it is a seminar about how married life should be...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/2/2019 at 2:48 PM, Frank J said:

I am married and have been in an affair for 3 years.  I know I am completely wrong in so many ways and completely selfish in my ways.  I am looking for advice on how to end things and minimize hurting anyone.  My wife is unaware of my activity.  I do care for the woman and when this started I was making many bad decisions, I feel off the wagon and began drinking again and from there I went on a downward spiral, quickly. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Are you a Christian? If not you might want to start there. Ask Jesus Christ into your life to be your Lord and Savior. Then ask for forgiveness of your sins.Pray and ask God for guidance and direction in your situation.  You are married and when you gave your vows to God you and your wife told God you would be faithful to each other. Tell your wife that you have been unfaithful. You will then have to deal with the consequences.