IGNORED

should disgraced pastor Tullian Tchividjian (Billy Graham's grandson) be given a second chance?

Equippers

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

Forgive him...restore him.....then let him sit in the pew ....he is disqualified from the ministry .....the reputation of a Pastor must be stellar......Paul set the rules in his letters to Timothy.....it is not up for debate...check out First Timothy3:1-7 and Titus1:5-9

must be without  reproach 

self- controlled

must be well thought of by outsiders

disciplined

holy

upright

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

14 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Forgive him...restore him.....then let him sit in the pew ....he is disqualified from the ministry .....the reputation of a Pastor must be stellar......Paul set the rules in his letters to Timothy.....it is not up for debate...check out First Timothy3:1-7 and Titus1:5-9

must be without  reproach 

self- controlled

must be well thought of by outsiders

disciplined

holy

upright

Agreed

Some pastors tho, and Ive spoken to 2 such, do not want to step down after commiting such sins because it is their job. They view it as a job instead of a calling. So if he is wanting to remain as pastor, it may be because he is more concerned with losing his job than he is with ministering to a flock of believers. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

I usually avoid these topics as I find them very discouraging at every level.

Please consider Paul's instructions to Timothy about elders.  There are many guidelines for the church in these books.  It is rather disheartening when people just pick the ones to follow that they like.

Having just said that, and at the risk of appearing to only pick ones that I like, I will post a couple of guidelines that may have bearing on the topic here:

Do not admit a charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses. 20As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear. 21In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of the elect angels I charge you to keep these rules without prejudging, doing nothing from partiality.

As I am not involved in that church in any way,  I will leave it at that.

God have mercy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  07/05/1968

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The world probably thinks this kind of stuff is normal......I am 65 years old......live in an area where there are dozens and dozens of pastors.... I can’t recall even a “ hint” of a scandal in all the years I have been around....we need to thank God and the Pastors themselves......I have relatives that are preachers....these guys are so classy and so far removed from these Jack- Asses, they may as well be living in a different universe ...

That's good to hear. I returned to my hometown in the Poconos after living around the world. So much has changed. A lot of people moved in from New York City and metro NJ bringing in crime and murder. The Islamic terrorists who planned to attack Ft. Dix were renting a home in a gated community just a 1/4 mile from my house. They trained at the rifle range where my friends and I would frequently go to sight in hunting rifles. They built a low-income housing community in a beautiful area which attracted a large minority population that wanted to escape the violence of the city and give their kids a better life. But, the kids are imitating the gangsta thug life. One teen recently raped an 80 year-old woman in her home. This had been a farm and vacation community where the only crime may have been a bar fight or some Halloween vandalism by kids. Now, we have frequent homicides. Worse, even the pastors are doing it. I live not far from Reeders, PA where the Methodist minister murdered his wife and tried to make it look like a car accident. Several Catholic priests in the area were charged or investigated for child sex abuse. One was one of my most beloved priests who was chaplain of our college. The accusers in his case refused to testify and charges were dropped. Hopefully, they weren't true.

I change my stance on my military generals/pastors comparison. I forgot 1 Timothy. Yes. He needs to step down. Churches need to treat the ministry like the calling it is and not just a job.

Edited by TraceMalin
Spelling
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Didnt God give him the dozens chances on that "agreed" confession ?

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

On 10/4/2019 at 5:09 PM, R. Hartono said:

Didnt God give him the dozens chances on that "agreed" confession ?

what do you mean by God had given him dozens of chances?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Equippers said:

what do you mean by God had given him dozens of chances?

How many times he did that ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

15 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

How many times he did that ?

he admitted to two affairs, on two separate occasions i think (please check this though)

one got him fired from CRPC, the other one got him fired from Willow Creek.

i honestly don't know.

God knows the truth, i just pray God will let the full truth come to light. that is all i can say.