Loneliness

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am so bored and lonely. I have such trouble finding anyone I can relate to. I'm really grateful for my relationship with the Lord. I almost feel guilty for wanting humans to connect with. 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Maybe you can find people here to relate to....   There are all kinds here and we all have different interests

Welcome.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

2 hours ago, other one said:

Maybe you can find people here to relate to....   There are all kinds here and we all have different interests

And if you're focused on your relationship with the LORD, part of that is relating to the other members of His Body. He, Himself said, “ . . . where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:20

Try perusing some the forums and read some of the threads that interest you. Consider making a comment or two or react to something someone has posted. Another place to get your feet wet is the Welcome forum-- and the Pray Request forum is a great place to make a comment as the LORD leads and encourage those who post.

Forgot to add- Don't forget the chat area if you're interested.

Praying for you to find encouraging fellowship. :)

Edited by Jubilea
addition
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I ask you, must two people relate? Do any of us truly ever dance to the same beat in the same way? Everyone's different, even when they don't seem to be. It's just a matter of whether or not you let that bother you or not.

We're social creatures. Some more and some less. I fit into the "less" category myself, but even being reclusive, I do want to talk every now and then. Nothing wrong with wanting friends. It's only wrong to want the wrong kind of friends.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Hi Bella,

There is a reason why we experience being lonely at times. It's a feeling that is supposed to draw us to people and first and foremost to God. I see you are new to the forums. Is this what brought you here?  We all get lonely from time to time, but God can really use those times in our lives if we let him. When we're alone with God, without the distractions of our phones, TV internet, we can hear his voice much more clearly and seek and do His will. You recently joined Worthy, I believe you can use your feelings to reach out and help others then at some point you won't be focusing on what your feeling but helping others with what they are feeling.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

22 hours ago, Bella Yahweh said:

I am so bored and lonely. I have such trouble finding anyone I can relate to. I'm really grateful for my relationship with the Lord. I almost feel guilty for wanting humans to connect with. 

I get bored, too, and my fellowship with others is limited. Maybe we both need to see more people.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 10/3/2019 at 2:51 PM, Bella Yahweh said:

Have you thought of doing some type of volunteer work?   Choose something of interest to you, and you will probably find some like minded people.   Even volunteering at an animal shelter is good, if you love animals.   Hopefully, you have a home church.... perhaps they offer some volunteer opportunities.

Usually when we reach out and think of others, this gets our minds off of ourselves....therefore, we won't notice loneliness as much.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

You have supplied no information about your cirvumstances so every reply made is based on the assumption that you are fit, active and able.

As always your first resort is your local church. As a regular attendee you will be known by others there and you should be able to form friendships with people there.

2nd resort is your place of work, to interact with your work collegues.

3rd resort is your community, neighbours, people you meet regularly at shops, sports centers, resurants, bars etc

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 10/3/2019 at 10:51 PM, Bella Yahweh said:

There is nothing wrong with wanting human attention, heaven will be filled with people in communion with each other. Everyone will be one with each other and with christ.