• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

I haven't yet contributed to any studying yet so here is my first two cents:

So apparently there is a link between people with acromegaly (gigantism) giving birth to children with extra extremities. Acromegaly is a disorder that causes an overproduction of Growth Hormone. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4113151/

So Goliath's son had six fingers and six toes (Chronicles 20:6-7) and of course Goliath was either six foot nine or nine foot six, my belief being six nine.

I also have it on good authority that the Israelites of that time were a lot shorter than we are today. This would certainly explain how Goliath was perceived as I giant.

This idea of pituitary disorders also gives testament to the giants of Genesis chapter 6. Science validates the story of David and Golaith :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Very interesting and good evidence AngellinT. I have a 3rd cousin who was born with 6 toes on each foot and 6 fingers on each hand(shortly after birth they removed his extra pinky fingers, though he still has 12 toes.) He was my height until we were 16 then he grew incredibly fast and became very tall but not 9  feet tall.

Edited by rontiger
added: good

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 hours ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

Science validates the story of David and Golaith :)

Really? Science validates history. ??? Science often disproves itself. The whole concept of accepting scientific proof of much of anything seems to me to be rather limiting at best.

May I suggest a look at the following as "evidence" https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/11/22/scientific-proof-is-a-myth/#2e5582cf2fb1 ? It might be of some interest regarding counting upon scientific  proofs.

5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Really? Science validates history. ??? Science often disproves itself. The whole concept of accepting scientific proof of much of anything seems to me to be rather limiting at best.

May I suggest a look at the following as "evidence" https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/11/22/scientific-proof-is-a-myth/#2e5582cf2fb1 ? It might be of some interest regarding counting upon scientific  proofs.

Science does not disprove itself, science disproves men and their theories.

Look at this from the perspective of a non believer. 

Yes, the big bang theory, the theory of evolution, those are scientific THEORIES. The link between gitantism and children born with extra extremities however is a medical FACT. This fact was not known by the Israelites. The Israelites did however, record rock solid proof of Goliath having been a giant. That proof was Goliath's kid, who had extra extremities, indicative of a giant father.  

To have recorded proof of gigantism is to disprove the non believer's stance that Goliath could not have existed, therefore it is impossible to say, with honesty, that Goliath's existence is impossible. Science has made the idea of David and Goliath plausible to those who would otherwise have never believed without scientific conformation of the Bible's recorded events.

This is HUGE for Christians, as science now becomes our ally in shedding light on the lies that non believers succumb to, one of those lies being that it is impossible for giants to exist. Tell your atheist friends of this proof. They will be intellectually disarmed instantly. 

Men cannot argue with science, only with other men. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

If you think so  then it is so to you.

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

If you think so  then it is so to you.

Non believers have said the same to me about my faith.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

As a small child we are to trust completely in Christ and every word in the bible .

We test all thoughts , we test all that we hear  , all that we are told by whether or not it agrees with Truth .

All of what you have said can surely make sense to the carnal mind of humans .   But here is why it is wrong .

The bible actually gives the real true measurement of GOLIATH .  and a cubit is eighteen inches .  I GO with what God inspired and HE did inspire

the HOLY scrips .     My advice is that all who names the name of JESUS do an all out return to bibles only and let us learn well those wonderous scrips .

• Well Said! 1

8 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

As a small child we are to trust completely in Christ and every word in the bible .

We test all thoughts , we test all that we hear  , all that we are told by whether or not it agrees with Truth .

All of what you have said can surely make sense to the carnal mind of humans .   But here is why it is wrong .

The bible actually gives the real true measurement of GOLIATH .  and a cubit is eighteen inches .  I GO with what God inspired and HE did inspire

the HOLY scrips .     My advice is that all who names the name of JESUS do an all out return to bibles only and let us learn well those wonderous scrips .

Nine and a half feet! My goodness he really was that tall? I would not have guessed.  

However, pretend I am an atheist. I demand scientific proof of the Bibles validity. Only then will I consider reading anything other than a waste of time. Prove my atheism false. 

This is the point I'm trying to make. Should science be dismissed it it can give an atheist faith in Christ? Heck no!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

37 minutes ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

Science does not disprove itself, science disproves men and their theories.

Look at this from the perspective of a non believer. 

Yes, the big bang theory, the theory of evolution, those are scientific THEORIES. The link between gitantism and children born with extra extremities however is a medical FACT. This fact was not known by the Israelites. The Israelites did however, record rock solid proof of Goliath having been a giant. That proof was Goliath's kid, who had extra extremities, indicative of a giant father.  

To have recorded proof of gigantism is to disprove the non believer's stance that Goliath could not have existed, therefore it is impossible to say, with honesty, that Goliath's existence is impossible. Science has made the idea of David and Goliath plausible to those who would otherwise have never believed without scientific conformation of the Bible's recorded events.

This is HUGE for Christians, as science now becomes our ally in shedding light on the lies that non believers succumb to, one of those lies being that it is impossible for giants to exist. Tell your atheist friends of this proof. They will be intellectually disarmed instantly. 

The problem with people and science is their lack of understanding in it basic begin... up is not up because there is no other way for things to be but because God in the beginning said let there be and from non existent became existent and rules with that existent came also with! God tells us this about this creation

2 Peter 3:10-14
 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
KJV

and in this new heaven and earth that which will be> is in NO WAY comparable< to that which is now for it is also written

1 Cor 2:9-13

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
KJV
so if science, of now, is to be elevated in any form at all it should be that it is a witness of God steadfastness within His Word.... I tell the children all the time that even in their running they are in error... for they give the ground credit for upholding them when in fact it is God's Word that is doing so!

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, rontiger said:

Very interesting evidence AngellinT. I have a 3rd cousin who was born with 6 toes on each foot and 6 fingers on each hand(shortly after birth they removed his extra pinky fingers, though he still has 12 toes.) He was my height until we were 16 then he grew incredibly fast but he is not 9 feet or even 7 feet tall.

That's kind of adorable. I bet he can outrun ya with that extra traction!

• Haha 1