• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Actually it makes the purchase of shoes a very expensive proposition.

Walking in faith by relying  on what is ( thought to be) seen.

Alrighty now.

An atheist is not convinced of any god by science, nor is any person that has faith in whatever convinced by their faith that Jesus is God nor their Lord nor their savior.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

32 minutes ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

That's kind of adorable. I bet he can outrun ya with that extra traction!

Haha-but joking aside,I have wondered for some years why my  3rd cousin is over 6 1/2 feet tall being that his parents are about 4  feet 11 and 5 feet tall. Now I know!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Walking in faith by relying  on what is ( thought to be) seen.

Why is it easier to walk in faith for those with 12 toes?.....because they got more sole!

• Haha 2
  • Brilliant! 1

I am less than average height, dang it anyway, yet I have more than the average total number of vertebrae.  

Go figure-

Many of the family have six fingers and or toes. Seems to be genetics carried by the females only, but to either their male or female offspring. Their male offspring with six and six do not pass on the trait only the females do.  And mostly we all are quite short in height.  

I do think that the individuals with abnormal growth characteristic historically have had very limited ability to move around, are clumsy because of their abnormality, and thus are very unlikely to become feared warriors nor athletes in general.

4 minutes ago, rontiger said:

Why is it easier to walk in faith for those with 12 toes?.....because they got more sole!

Love it !!!!

• Haha 1

Thanks again rontiger. Good humor is a rare find these days. That one cracks me up as I look at my, almost wider than they are long, feet.

• Haha 1

Back to the idea that science proves-

Faith in and of Jesus cannot be proved. It is the nature of it. The very heart of faith in and of Jesus  is supported by that which is not seen, that which is not provable without God alone doing  it. It is by God alone that faith of Jesus is revealed.

Man does not prove God. God is with or without man. All of creation testifies of a creator yet many do not believe in creation, never mind that the creator is Jesus.

Those called out by the Holy Spirit are to testify of Jesus, but their testimony does not prove God. Instead God via God the Holy Spirit's agency calls specifically to all that have been given to Jesus  the son  of God the Father. Hearing that call is what leads to heeding it. Not the testimony of any already called though each called to their salvation are to give testimony regardless.

Testimony  does not lead to glory of the witness. It is not the witness that turns the tide from disbelief. Testimony is simply a duty  of obedience to God's command to do so. And as such no one that gives testimony in obedience to do so is ever defeated for God's victory was never to be of their doing in the first place.

Trying to find that perfect testimony, in science  or in any other manner is folly. One is to just do/give testimony anyway; not for God's need of it, but out of obedience in spite of  God not needing it.  No one will be the hero in their testimony, and no one should try to be. Just try to be obedient by all that one does to the glory of God.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/05/1968

The professional wrestler and actor Andre the Giant was 7'4" and his daughter is nearly 6'. When it comes to measurements, the Biblical cubit wasn't agreed upon by rabbis until the 2nd century CE. Earlier cubit measurements in the Bible have variations. 1 Samuel was written 630 - 540 BC. So, a cubit was a range of measurement and not exact in the Goliath story.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

41 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I am less than average height, dang it anyway, yet I have more than the average total number of vertebrae.  

Go figure-

Many of the family have six fingers and or toes. Seems to be genetics carried by the females only, but to either their male or female offspring. Their male offspring with six and six do not pass on the trait only the females do.  And mostly we all are quite short in height.  

I do think that the individuals with abnormal growth characteristic historically have had very limited ability to move around, are clumsy because of their abnormality, and thus are very unlikely to become feared warriors nor athletes in general.

I could take this way down a rabbit hole to explain it....l. but I should just let the thread go on.

• Thumbs Up 1