• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,528
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

30 minutes ago, TraceMalin said:

The professional wrestler and actor Andre the Giant was 7'4" and his daughter is nearly 6'. When it comes to measurements, the Biblical cubit wasn't agreed upon by rabbis until the 2nd century CE. Earlier cubit measurements in the Bible have variations. 1 Samuel was written 630 - 540 BC. So, a cubit was a range of measurement and not exact in the Goliath story.

Hi,  Fun diversion for my mind! Andre, and our own local boy Hulk. Andre also suffered from his abnormality and died at age 46 of heart failure. I think of real giants  more in the sense of those even of recent history that reach more than eight feet.

One of my own sports hero legends was the redhead from UCLA and later the eighty minutes or 80 points a year hero for the Boston Celtics, Bill Walton. He suffered from early childhood on with his own abnormality and bone disease. Though one of impressive statistics I would not imagine him being able to be the fiercest warrior among warriors of a nation. He would never be able to even march to a battle ground.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Back to the idea that science proves-

Faith in and of Jesus cannot be proved. It is the nature of it. The very heart of faith in and of Jesus  is supported by that which is not seen, that which is not provable without God alone doing  it. It is by God alone that faith of Jesus is revealed.

Man does not prove God. God is with or without man. All of creation testifies of a creator yet many do not believe in creation, never mind that the creator is Jesus.

Those called out by the Holy Spirit are to testify of Jesus, but their testimony does not prove God. Instead God via God the Holy Spirit's agency calls specifically to all that have been given to Jesus  the son  of God the Father. Hearing that call is what leads to heeding it. Not the testimony of any already called though each called to their salvation are to give testimony regardless.

Testimony  does not lead to glory of the witness. It is not the witness that turns the tide from disbelief. Testimony is simply a duty  of obedience to God's command to do so. And as such no one that gives testimony in obedience to do so is ever defeated for God's victory was never to be of their doing in the first place.

Trying to find that perfect testimony, in science  or in any other manner is folly. One is to just do/give testimony anyway; not for God's need of it, but out of obedience in spite of  God not needing it.  No one will be the hero in their testimony, and no one should try to be. Just try to be obedient by all that one does to the glory of God.

Of course the Holy Spirit will cry out to them. Even so, science validates a Biblical event. No one is trying to say science proves faith in Christ to be accurate, I posted this thread to discuss smoking gun evidence for a particular historical event that has been shunned by non believers. It's are job as Christians to become walking talking advertisements for God. Give 'em a reason to stop shunning the Bible, and they might just pick it up and read it. 

Besides, there are, likewise, scientific theories backed by Biblical evidence. One theory is that there is more water beneath the Earth's surface than can be found in the ocean. Noah's flood, anyone?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 hour ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

Noah's flood, anyone?

Not from water from under the earth.  But have fun. It is grand fun to speculate. The idea an athiest will buy into God without God first calling them is bogus. Same as it is with everyone.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

Nine and a half feet! My goodness he really was that tall? I would not have guessed.  

However, pretend I am an atheist. I demand scientific proof of the Bibles validity. Only then will I consider reading anything other than a waste of time. Prove my atheism false. 

This is the point I'm trying to make. Should science be dismissed it it can give an atheist faith in Christ? Heck no!

Its not my job or duty to prove .     We simply preach the gospel .    And they either receive or reject .   ONLY GOD can give the increase .

All I need to do , is just as the early church did ,  just speak the truth .    Many will reject but some will hear .

And we simply preach CHRIST and Him crucified .   

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,446
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

I haven't yet contributed to any studying yet so here is my first two cents:

So apparently there is a link between people with acromegaly (gigantism) giving birth to children with extra extremities. Acromegaly is a disorder that causes an overproduction of Growth Hormone. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4113151/

So Goliath's son had six fingers and six toes (Chronicles 20:6-7) and of course Goliath was either six foot nine or nine foot six, my belief being six nine.

I also have it on good authority that the Israelites of that time were a lot shorter than we are today. This would certainly explain how Goliath was perceived as I giant.

This idea of pituitary disorders also gives testament to the giants of Genesis chapter 6. Science validates the story of David and Golaith :)

If you start digging deep into this subject, you'll find some interesting things. I'll be as brief as I can.

Today people with certified cases of 'gigantism' is the result of abnormalities such as a tumor on the pituitary and somatotropin growing up. Robert Wadlow, the Alton giant at 8' 11" was certainly an example. This disease usually produces men of seven to nine feet in height. In almost all of these cases, it results in disabilities, health issues and a shortened life. The 'giants' of the Bible were: mighty men, men of renown, fierce warriors. At 5' 11", if I were standing next to Robert Wadlow at 8' 11", I wouldn't consider myself the size of a grasshopper standing next to him. I don't believe the Bible is embellishing out of accurate proportions. 

Remains have been found of some of these giants, some with extra digits on hands and feet, some with a double row of teeth. What's interesting is, many of these skulls have skull deformations; some are intentional from childhood 'head boarding', many are not. I think, why would a parent one day decide to head board their child to make their head elongated, or their necks elongated? Where and when did they get that idea and the reason for it; were they copying someone?

Head boarding can change the shape of the skull when applied at an early age as the record shows. However, it can not increase the 'volume' of the cranial capacity of the skull. Many skulls have been found to contain 30 - 50% more volume than the human shape skull. In addition, a number of skulls have been found that are drastically different in growth and composition. Humans have a coronal and sagittal structure; two growth skull lines. Some of these giant skulls have three cranial sutures never found in human skulls. 

It's interesting some of the Egyptian Pharaoh's pictographs and statues show elongated skulls.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, Neighbor said:

Thanks again rontiger. Good humor is a rare find these days. That one cracks me up as I look at my, almost wider than they are long, feet.

Thanks!You are much too generous but I appreciate it and also the HAHas from the others. I thought someone  might like it because it's soooo bad.  I tried it on one of my best friends: he just said "Ha' very sarcastically , almost disgustingly. It really bugged him I think.:mellow:

Edited by rontiger

14 minutes ago, rontiger said:

he just said "Ha' very sarcastically , almost disgustingly. It really bugged him I think.:mellow:

Maybe, but that can be twice the fun.

Plus he will hold on to it until one day he will pass it on as though it was his own, and feel the better for it. If you are so fortunate as to hear him do that it will be three times the fun seeing him pass it on freeing himself from it's clutches.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Its not my job or duty to prove .     We simply preach the gospel .    And they either receive or reject .   ONLY GOD can give the increase .

All I need to do , is just as the early church did ,  just speak the truth .    Many will reject but some will hear .

And we simply preach CHRIST and Him crucified .   

And we simply preach CHRIST and Him crucified .   

Not from what I have seen......it’s more like .. “Jesus saves but ya gotta repent from your sins , especially “ willful” sins in order to “stay” saved”

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

If God does not pull through......David, and Israel with him are all doomed.....it is act of incredible courage - a courage based on his trust in God .....it was David’s amazing Faith that saved him, despite his extreme wickedness in murdering Uriah after committing adultery with his wife....

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

On 10/4/2019 at 4:56 PM, Neighbor said:

Not from water from under the earth.  But have fun. It is grand fun to speculate. The idea an athiest will buy into God without God first calling them is bogus. Same as it is with everyone.

You're right, God has to call us. He called me. He sent a pastor to attest to my original post. This idea led me to say yes to attending his fellowship. That fellowship led me confess that Jesus died for my sins. If I had never heard that there are genetic disorders that make people huge, that there is a veritable medical like between giants and having children with extra extremities, I would still believe that the demons I see are just my brain playing tricks on me. Thank God for sending me a pastor who respects science almost as much as he respects Him, otherwise I might still see demonic activity as often as I used to.

Respect science as I, your brother in Christ, was Saved when the Holy Spirit united me with a man who used science to convince a formerly lost soul, namely me, of the Bible's validity. And I thank God for the manner in which He called you as well. 

As for the flood thing, Revelation 12 kinda does say the Earth swallowed up the flood that was a result of Satan's works in this world. But you're right, I am just speculating on that particular detail. 

But most importantly I hope you understand I respect you, friend! Disagree with me all you like, I will give you a great big hug when I see you at the Gathering Together!