• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Tampered With said:

Such and much more happens around the world. Some Christian preachers have "gold sinks and toilets" while Christian children go to bed hungry. Women are abused and killed while women shelters go begging for donations. We live in one of the most wealthy societies on earth and yet how much is really done for the poor or for the unborn? Our nation "talks about being a nation of laws" and yet how many in high places are "Lawless"? I have been in a huge church (it covered a full city block) when a local prostitute was asked to leave "because her kind was not wanted". I was sitting in the next pew. Would Jesus have cast her out? There is plenty of hypocrisy to go around for everyone to see within the churches that say they represent Jesus Christ on this earth today.

That is a grief that's easy to share in. It's Jesus' heart of compassion we feel when we are grieved about injustice. I think our impulse is sometimes to respond to despair with encouragement, hope, resolute determination. And there is a time for that. But sometimes, we do just need to listen to a person without trying to fix them, and share in a moment of solidarity to experience one another's grief together.

Edited by GreyJay

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

10 hours ago, Coliseum said:

Another Christian who was beaten with such frequency that he fell into severe depression when no one answered his letters or prayed for him that he wanted to die. When one letter was finally read, it became so international that he felt in his spirit floods of prayers filling the icy cold cell in which he was thrown. He recalled that it felt as if thousands of angels were beside him---that no bars could hold them. He said that he knew then that he could withstand whatever he had to go through for Christ.

Powerful

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

10 hours ago, Tampered With said:

The longest journey starts with but a single step. So we start where we are.

How does this apply to this discussion? Where are we and what’s the first step? I’m not picking on you, I’m just curious what you mean by this quote.