• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.59
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

47 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

My thoughts mostly mirror your own with some variations. As we look around at society, evil laws that have been passed and currently being bantered about and proposed. The hearts of many politicians, liberals, protected classes of people, global dictators, Hollywood, celebrities, millions of aborted babies, mass killings, violent video games, Islam's hate toward Jew's and Christianity and martyrdom, etc. Could we say that the following verse is growing legs?

Genesis 6:5 (KJV) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. [emphasis mine]

I personally think there's more to the story "as in the days of Noah". Jesus didn't have to go that far back in history for His example. I've discussed it many times and will not repeat myself, but I believe Genesis 6: 1-4 is involved also.

I too agree the time frame is between 2018 - 2028 based on Psalm 90:10 and Israel becoming a nation again in one day on May 14, 1948. In my mind the Bible is clear that true Christians watching for the return of Christ, will not be taken by surprise; but those left behind will.

I think it very possible the Lord's return could occur on an anniversary of something or Jewish feast celebration, but. I don't know that the accuracy of the calendar with all the changes that have occurred is accurate or not? I doubt it is because no one was left in Jerusalem after the diaspora in 70 A.D. to keep track of anything.

I'm a pretribulation believer. We do not know the day nor the hour, but like I said above, I don't believe we will be taken by surprise. I surely don't believe we will be snatched up during any point in the tribulation, much less at the sounding of the seventh trumpet in the tribulation. Trumpets are used to announce an action or something important that's about to begin, or a call to muster. Most often the number "seven" is associated with trumpets [Revelation, Jericho, etc.]. I often wondered in this generation if I haven't already gone to be with the Lord, and the Rapture happens; how much 'time' will we have to savor the moment and enjoy it, before in a twinkling of an eye the dead in Christ rise first [will we watch it?], and our bodies transformed and caught up to meet the Lord in the air?

I'm speculating what Paul might be saying in the following verse, but 'seven' is the number of biblical completeness used time, time and again.

1 Corinthians 15:52 (KJV) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. [emphasis mine]

Could this possibly mean we will hear six warning blasts of the shofar in preparation for the seventh? The last trump indicates there is trumps that precede the last. Again, this is but speculation on my part but it seems logical and makes sense to me. I truly believe we don't have very long to find out. 

Look at how wicked society and the world has become exponentially in just this generation. What's it going to look like in five, ten years from now???

This is the way I see it. The last trumpet and a shout!

I am not convinced as to how soon it is and whether we are that close to the end/beginning. I don't doubt it--I am not at all sure, though.

I do hope so. Looking around everyday and listening to the news makes me 'mourn'. Strangely, that groaning within is a comfort. Not really strange to us believers, of course--but the natural man would think so. I can say with accuracy, I have never 'groaned' within, as I do lately.

Praise the Lord for His Wisdom in all things.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,437
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Alive said:

I am not convinced as to how soon it is and whether we are that close to the end/beginning. I don't doubt it--I am not at all sure, though.

Personally I'm sure and would cite much scripture to support the time is near. Consider Matthew 24: 32-36, and substitute Israel for the fig tree [national Israel]. The olive tree represents spiritual Israel most of the time. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,031
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Alive said:

Well, being 72, I'm coming up on the end/beginning one way or the other....  LoL

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

We misunderstand the OP statement often. Much was happening before the flood...

To a Jew that had read (compulsory) his scriptures and understood what this meant from his historical and contemporaneous knowledge - well it would speak reams.

Just imagine someone reading our history, and in passing someone mentions 'like in the days of 9/11'. Not much more would be needed to be said. Why? Because we all KNOW. We know to the minute where we were and what we were doing at that terrible time. But to someone that DID NOT KNOW, that might be just a 'throw-away' reference to them.

To an ancient Israeli that knew all the Annunaki  myths and the current stories of their day, they would see right away the importance of Gen 6 and the words of Enoch that were written down later but carried by word of mouth from Noah on down thru the ages. Enoch was Noah's grandfather and I am sure they all talked about it for a very long time. There is far, far more to Yeshua's words than we have been 'allowed' to understand by those that would rather it remain unknown.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, other one said:

Well, being 72, I'm coming up on the end/beginning one way or the other....  LoL

At 67 I hear ya Brother!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/16/2019 at 3:55 PM, Dennis1209 said:

My thoughts mostly mirror your own with some variations. As we look around at society, evil laws that have been passed and currently being bantered about and proposed. The hearts of many politicians, liberals, protected classes of people, global dictators, Hollywood, celebrities, millions of aborted babies, mass killings, violent video games, Islam's hate toward Jew's and Christianity and martyrdom, etc. Could we say that the following verse is growing legs?

Genesis 6:5 (KJV) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. [emphasis mine]

I personally think there's more to the story "as in the days of Noah". Jesus didn't have to go that far back in history for His example. I've discussed it many times and will not repeat myself, but I believe Genesis 6: 1-4 is involved also.

I too agree the time frame is between 2018 - 2028 based on Psalm 90:10 and Israel becoming a nation again in one day on May 14, 1948. In my mind the Bible is clear that true Christians watching for the return of Christ, will not be taken by surprise; but those left behind will.

I think it very possible the Lord's return could occur on an anniversary of something or Jewish feast celebration, but. I don't know that the accuracy of the calendar with all the changes that have occurred is accurate or not? I doubt it is because no one was left in Jerusalem after the diaspora in 70 A.D. to keep track of anything.

I'm a pretribulation believer. We do not know the day nor the hour, but like I said above, I don't believe we will be taken by surprise. I surely don't believe we will be snatched up during any point in the tribulation, much less at the sounding of the seventh trumpet in the tribulation. Trumpets are used to announce an action or something important that's about to begin, or a call to muster. Most often the number "seven" is associated with trumpets [Revelation, Jericho, etc.]. I often wondered in this generation if I haven't already gone to be with the Lord, and the Rapture happens; how much 'time' will we have to savor the moment and enjoy it, before in a twinkling of an eye the dead in Christ rise first [will we watch it?], and our bodies transformed and caught up to meet the Lord in the air?

I'm speculating what Paul might be saying in the following verse, but 'seven' is the number of biblical completeness used time, time and again.

1 Corinthians 15:52 (KJV) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. [emphasis mine]

Could this possibly mean we will hear six warning blasts of the shofar in preparation for the seventh? The last trump indicates there is trumps that precede the last. Again, this is but speculation on my part but it seems logical and makes sense to me. I truly believe we don't have very long to find out. 

Look at how wicked society and the world has become exponentially in just this generation. What's it going to look like in five, ten years from now???

Good post - like - minded on most aspects.

A few points concerning  the last trumpet - If the rapture occurs at the seventh trumpet, then we must assume that we have to endure the first six- however long that takes . Only if they are blown quickly as to signal the beginning and development of the events triggered by each trumpet but before the destruction takes effect, could the Pre-Trib view be correct. Also they are not shofar trumpets blown by humans. They are blown by angels in heaven, so we won't hear them!

In Revelation 6:9, when the fifth seal is opened, John saw Christians who had been slain _ in heaven_ asking how much longer and Jesus responded, "until both the number of their fellow servants and their brothers who would be killed as they were, was completed." That's somewhere in the middle of the GT, before the last trump. This would dispel a pre-Trib view.

Who knows, maybe DONALD is the last Trump? ?

14 hours ago, RonaldBruno said:

Good post - like - minded on most aspects.

A few points concerning  the last trumpet - If the rapture occurs at the seventh trumpet, then we must assume that we have to endure the first six- however long that takes . Only if they are blown quickly as to signal the beginning and development of the events triggered by each trumpet but before the destruction takes effect, could the Pre-Trib view be correct. Also they are not shofar trumpets blown by humans. They are blown by angels in heaven, so we won't hear them!

In Revelation 6:9, when the fifth seal is opened, John saw Christians who had been slain _ in heaven_ asking how much longer and Jesus responded, "until both the number of their fellow servants and their brothers who would be killed as they were, was completed." That's somewhere in the middle of the GT, before the last trump. This would dispel a pre-Trib view.

Who knows, maybe DONALD is the last Trump? ?

Our views vary a bit, and I welcome that. I'm learning not to be dogmatic in many of views, and biblically discuss our thoughts and learn together.  Knowing we are living in the last days and getting a president named "Trump", is hard to ignore. I wonder what the odds of that would be?

As I mentioned above, I hold the pretribulation view; always have always will. Provided I don't wake up one day and find a certain man signing a seven year peace agreement with Israel and the many. With that view in mind and what the Apostle Paul said in I Cor 15: 52 and elsewhere, if I understand the correct meaning; or perhaps I'm just wishing? I'm thinking it's possible we that are about to be "caught up", may hear the announced preceding six shofar trumpet blasts as the warning / announcement??

I'd like to ask your opinion on Revelation Chapter 6:, in particular Revelation 6: 10-11. 

It's generally accepted and agreed upon, that the official start of the tribulation is the day the Antichrist [that has 33 names in the Bible] confirms a covenant with Israel and the many. Does your hermeneutics agree with that statement? If that is fact; then using a 360 day year calendar one can mark off 1,260 days until AC defiles the Temple and declares himself as God. Then from that day, one can mark off another 1,260 days to the exact day of Christ's second coming. Anyone with just a little biblical knowledge can do this. Do you agree with me so far? If you agree and with that in mind, I have a question about the souls that were slain for the word of God in Revelation 6: 9.

If they are martyred tribulation Saints, why do they ask the question in Rev. 6: 10 of how long before their blood is avenged? Knowing the tribulation is seven years long and their revenge comes 2,520 days exactly from the start of the tribulation? One can easily know exactly where they're at in time during the tribulation if they seek to do so. It appears these martyred saints are either impatient, were martyred prior to the start of the tribulation [which makes the most sense], or something else I've not considered? Any thoughts?? 

Edited by Dennis1209

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

Who knows, maybe DONALD is the last Trump?

funny that i was only thinking about his name last night. i thought nah....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 10/18/2019 at 8:14 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Our views vary a bit, and I welcome that. I'm learning not to be dogmatic in many of views, and biblically discuss our thoughts and learn together.  Knowing we are living in the last days and getting a president named "Trump", is hard to ignore. I wonder what the odds of that would be?

As I mentioned above, I hold the pretribulation view; always have always will. Provided I don't wake up one day and find a certain man signing a seven year peace agreement with Israel and the many. With that view in mind and what the Apostle Paul said in I Cor 15: 52 and elsewhere, if I understand the correct meaning; or perhaps I'm just wishing? I'm thinking it's possible we that are about to be "caught up", may hear the announced preceding six shofar trumpet blasts as the warning / announcement??

I'd like to ask your opinion on Revelation Chapter 6:, in particular Revelation 6: 10-11. 

It's generally accepted and agreed upon, that the official start of the tribulation is the day the Antichrist [that has 33 names in the Bible] confirms a covenant with Israel and the many. Does your hermeneutics agree with that statement? If that is fact; then using a 360 day year calendar one can mark off 1,260 days until AC defiles the Temple and declares himself as God. Then from that day, one can mark off another 1,260 days to the exact day of Christ's second coming. Anyone with just a little biblical knowledge can do this. Do you agree with me so far? If you agree and with that in mind, I have a question about the souls that were slain for the word of God in Revelation 6: 9.

If they are martyred tribulation Saints, why do they ask the question in Rev. 6: 10 of how long before their blood is avenged? Knowing the tribulation is seven years long and their revenge comes 2,520 days exactly from the start of the tribulation? One can easily know exactly where they're at in time during the tribulation if they seek to do so. It appears these martyred saints are either impatient, were martyred prior to the start of the tribulation [which makes the most sense], or something else I've not considered? Any thoughts?? 

Pre-Tribbers hold to Daniels 70th week and so the details within that view contain a 7 year Trib., a new Temple to be built from which the AOD accrues, 7 year Peace Treaty, etc. I believe Daniel 9:24-27 was fulfilled. The angel speaks of 70 weeks of years concerning Israel, the holy city - it was a prophecy accurate pointing to Christ's First Coming. The last week was complete, nevertheless it was during week that Christ appeared and was crucified.

What already happened? After 69 weeks He was cut off.

1. Christ dies for our sins putting an end to the law, finishing transgression and putting an end to sin, (spiritually).

2. He made reconciliation possible by grace through faith.

3. He imputed His everlasting righteousness into those who believe.

4. Vs. 26 speaks of the people of the prince to come will destroy the city and sanctuary- they did in 70 AD. This was added prophecy to happen decades after Christ ( not within the 70 weeks). 

5. Christ did confirm a new convenant during His 3 1/2 year ministry and what was the outcome? He put an end to sacrifice. He was the final sacrifice.

6. Because of the abominations He made it desolate, He sent the Romans to destroy Jerusalem as He himself prophesied. And Israel remains spiritually desolate until the consumation, when He returns and lifts the veil of a remnant Israel (Rom. 11). He will pour His Spirit upon the desolate (Jews).

The GT is 3 1/2 years, and no need for a new Temple with sacrifices all over again. That would be an insult to God. Why would God ordain the Old system of Law again.

So why would martyrs (the multitude in heaven who just came out of the GT) ask how long oh Lord until you judge and avenge ...? First if, like us, we are confused about the precise order and details of the future end time scenario. As some think its 7 years and other 3 1/2. Also they are outside of time, not having days, months as we do, not can they see what is going in on down there - so they ask. And this is more fore our perspective on earth, then theirs.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/5/2019 at 9:06 AM, RonaldBruno said:

The Second Coming will come suddenly. For many years I thought that the trumpet events would be the last warnings before the last trumpet sounded. If that were so, it would not surprise us - at least those who are in the Light. Those who are in darkness will be taken by surprise. They will be going about their normal everyday activities, and planning for the future because in their minds, life will go on as it has for thousands of years. And if they do see catastrophic events happening, they will interpret it as a natural event, not an act of God or some prophetic  warning sign. Yet a super volcanic eruption, an asteroid or a nuclear war may get their attention. Then they will flock to the churches- if anyone is there to preach to them.

But what if all we experience as warnings are what we've seen happening in the last 50 years: the gradual worldly dissent into immorality; along with the wars, rumors of wars, famine, pestilence  and earthquakes in various places, etc. ?

Is it possibly that His coming will not only resemble the days of Noah before the Flood, but also happen on the same day, on the 2nd month, 17th day? And then if so, what year? Somewhere between the 70-80 years that refers to one generation in Psalm 90:10  and beginning from 1948.

The Day of Atonement is approaching and then on Nov. 15, the anniversary of Noah's Flood. 

Noah and His family knew, they were warned and they prepared 100 years for it. As his family knew and prepared, so do we know He is Coming and we are prepared and not in the dark. 

The rapture of the Church will happen very suddenly and only born again believers will go in this event. It will be imminent and nothing else needs to happen for Jesus to take His Church to heaven. In the second coming there will be seven years of disasters and tragic events on this earth as the book of Revelation describes.At first there will only be unbelievers left on this earth. Although many will come to Jesus during this time. It is not sudden and imminent.