• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Firstly, how do you know that happened?

Secondly, Augustine was born 150 years after 200 A.D. and probably didn't adopt most of his theology for another 30+ years after that.

It was doing the rounds and quite localized until the RCC took it up as a major point of doctrine headed by Augustine. Some of the early Gnostics liked it as well. Since then it has seemed to become mainstream. However, today scholars are taking a closer look and it is waning in popularity. It was not just Augustine, but he was one of the later main theological proponents.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Intellectually, I can accept the possibility of scripture tampering and 'hidden knowledge'--such as these hybrids you speak of and the huge role you say they play and will play.

Spiritually, I have a hard time with both. If you think the Lord would let His Church--His very Body be so deceived and not have knowledge of something so seemingly important? well--that is quite an indictment on our Lord.

If you do believe that and also believe that only a few lucky ones have this special knowledge--knowledge that would protect, if what you say is true.

That only serves to make it more difficult for me.

I have known folks that were convinced that they had 'special knowledge' and were a 'special' group within the Body---it didn't end well.

I think skepticism around these things is warranted.

Do you connect this to the claim that a member here makes about human animal hybrids? Is that part and parcel of what you are proclaiming?

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Alive said:

Intellectually, I can accept the possibility of scripture tampering and 'hidden knowledge'--such as these hybrids you speak of and the huge role you say they play and will play.

Spiritually, I have a hard time with both. If you think the Lord would let His Church--His very Body be so deceived and not have knowledge of something so seemingly important? well--that is quite an indictment on our Lord.

If you do believe that and also believe that only a few lucky ones have this special knowledge--knowledge that would protect, if what you say is true.

That only serves to make it more difficult for me.

I have known folks that were convinced that they had 'special knowledge' and were a 'special' group within the Body---it didn't end well.

I think skepticism around these things is warranted.

Do you connect this to the claim that a member here makes about human animal hybrids? Is that part and parcel of what you are proclaiming?

I suggest you listen to Dr. Heiser's Unseen Realm video. He has many good videos on You Tube posted by others and is a renowned Hebrew Scholar. There are not just a few that see and understand these things.

Then go and study for yourself. All the material is available. Of course, there is a lot of nut-case noise out there. You will have to choose wisely what you study, but Dr. Heiser is a good start. He is well recognized in the peer-review scholarship domain.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I suggest you listen to Dr. Heiser's Unseen Realm video. He has many good videos on You Tube posted by others and is a renowned Hebrew Scholar. There are not just a few that see and understand these things.

Then go and study for yourself. All the material is available.

I had a question in there for you in my last post.

9 minutes ago, Alive said:

I had a question in there for you in my last post.

Oh, was that about the chimeras? I have heard some weird stuff but do not have evidence. However, we are to use our minds and consider all we have been given.

Edited by Justin Adams

Ya well---I have real strong words regarding that nonsense.

No way--do I believe it. My point was, if you do and connect it to these other things, then my friend---we have a problem.

I have a pigeon hole to place such.

:-)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

miatonsabbaton2.doc 37 kB · 1 download

Psalm 82 to begin with and Deut 32.. there are more if I have time. after about AD 200. Anything to promote the Sethite view which Augustine liked.  If you wish to find out more, listen to the eminent Scholar Dr. Heiser - and even Missler. Many others too... Most was with the intent to obscure the Divine Council and the (Gen 6) 'angels that sinned'... much supernatural info has been stripped from our scriptures.

Missler and Heiser... now that is a couple of guys that really delved into this.  Too bad Chuck has passed on, but I can only imagine the conversations he is having now!   

One has to take in to account, what would be going on that Yahweh felt was so bad that He needed to wipe the slate clean except for 8 people and pairs of animals (7 each of the "clean" animals) and start over.  It sure had to be more than just evil.  A look at the last 20 centuries would have to rank in the top for atrocities man has done to man.  

And what would the animals have to do with evil? It seems this genetic mischief extended even into the animal realm.  Can anyone say "Tyrannosaurus Rex"?   How about Brontosaurus or  Velociraptor?   And what of the half human half animal paintings and carvings on pieces of antiquity?    

Virtually every ancient civilization has descriptions of such things.  Even the American Indians have carvings and traditions that speak of such things.  The cliff dwellings of the Mesa Verde Pueblo, the native American traditions speak of them needing to live in these dwellings to protect them from cannibalistic giants that came out of the ground, but even then they were eventually wiped out by the "six fingers on each hand, six toes on each foot cannibal giants".  And many just snicker and view it as the speculations of low intelligence, spiritually immature people.  

The extra-biblical texts of The Giants, Enoch, etc all speak of the cannibalistic nature of the Nephilim Giants.  And there is also textual evidence and traditions in writings of Peru, Bolivia, etc that these Giants were also Sodomites.  Compare that to what Yeshua said that end would need to come else there would be no one left alive.

The UFO stuff, I think that is just leaks of extra dimensional stuff.  Even the major UFO researchers, J. Allen Hynek, Jaques Vallee, etc, have concluded they are inter dimensional occurrences and not beings from other planets or worlds.  Imagine when the restraint of the Holy Spirit is removed.

I am more convinced than ever before that the majority of the Messianic community has no clue what is going to be unleashed upon this planet.  Many just bury their head in the sand and proclaim that there is no such thing.  Certainly those that are not in union with the Messiah are in for a tremendous shock and there will be nothing to fall back on for support and protection from this nonsense.   Even with all the psychological indoctrination that has gone on in the media, movies, etc.

As Bob Dylan sang... there is a slow train coming up around the bend.  

Edited by OldCoot

5 minutes ago, OldCoot said:

Even with all the psychological indoctrination that has gone on in the media, movies, etc.

Yes, you are quite correct. We have the tools at present for anyone to study this and great and moderate scholars that expound it all and have spent decades (and still do) studying this and writing for the uninformed. For one to be able to say 'I did not know' is an awful thing to think on. Everyone should know. Everyone. 

Alas: you can lead a moose to water, but ya cannae make him see...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

26 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Alas: you can lead a moose to water, but ya cannae make him see...

:D

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/16/2019 at 11:31 AM, RonaldBruno said:

That wasn't my point. I said the Left (meaning the Democrats AND the Mainstream Media) are pushing for this One World Government

'The point' ?  Is that every part of this world's government,   reps and dems and others,  are all going along , not setting anyone free,  not casting out demonic teachings and practices,  but continuing oppression towards the summing up of all in the owg....