• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.96
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

Your way of looking at the verse isn't the only way to look at it. 

Well understood. I never insinuated otherwise. 

• Group:  Royal Member

5 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

The fossil record shows a continuation of lifeforms.

Hopefully you aren't meaning evolution. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

17 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Hopefully you aren't meaning evolution. 

No I'm not, I'm just saying that all those species appeared in the Cambrian explosion, yet without any sign of fossil ancestry. Since then this earth has been continuously populated with life right through the dinosaur times and until today. It wasn't as if there was a break, then creation week. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.03
  • Days Won:  21

30 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

The fossil record shows a continuation of lifeforms

So the trees that are seen vertically thru the many 'layers'...  Fossils have always been circular reasoning.

No one knows how anything isotropically decayed and at what rate. The moon's precession rate must be limit its system to about 10k years. No way around that.

Man's beliefs gave us the evolution theory and 'millions of years' of divine experimentation, leaving behind half formed carnage. (none of which has been found)

Also some planets in our system rotate the opposite way to the majority. 

I do not care for a pointless discussion about this topic. I just point out some irregularities. 

Edited by Justin Adams

4 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

So the trees that are seen vertically thru the many 'layers'...  Fossils have always been circular reasoning.

No one knows how anything isotropically decayed and at what rate. The moon's precession rate must be limit its system to about 10k years. No way around that.

Man's beliefs gave us the evolution theory and 'millions of years' of divine experimentation, leaving behind half formed carnage. (none of which has been found)

I do not care for a pointless discussion about this topic. I just point out some irregularities. 

Exactly, yes the tree fossils are a good point. There's no gap theory, fossils have been laid down continuously since before the flood, during the flood (the trees) and after the flood. So we can see multiple layers that some say take millions of years to form, forming so quickly that the top of the tree hasn't even rotted. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  4,983
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, ARGOSY said:

Can you give precise  reasons to trust the dates given? 

They were determined by scientists who specialize in dating rocks.   Can you give precise reasons why you think the dates are wrong?

Edited by The Barbarian

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  4,983
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

There are polystrate trees forming a few miles from my house.    They were flooded when a dam was built, decades ago.  The trees are slowly being buried in layers of sediment.

No one knows how anything isotropically decayed and at what rate.

Actually, we do.   Physicists have measured the rate of decay to very precise numbers.   A few isotopes have decay rates vary by a few percent in very, very high temperatures, that would have killed all living things on Earth.    And scientists know it works, because they've used argon/argon testing to accurately date the eruption that destroyed Pompeii. 

The moon's precession rate must be limit its system to about 10k years. No way around that.

Fossil tidal rhythmites show the precession rate to have varied as the tidal friction changed (due to changes in the amount of coastline)

Nope.   All organisms are "fully formed", and for a Christian, God knew exactly what He was doing when He used evolution to make the diversity of life on Earth.   Today, engineers are copying evolution to solve problems that cannot be efficiently solved by design.   Once again, God knows best.

As though there was occasionally a big collision when the solar system was forming.    What makes you think that's impossible?

I do not care for a pointless discussion about this topic.

Probably a bad idea to toss it out for discussion, then.

Edited by The Barbarian
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ARGOSY said:

Since then this earth has been continuously populated with life right through the dinosaur times and until today.

This is true. Not even the theory that meteors causing the extinction of dinosaurs destroyed the cockroach. They seem to survive everything. Many scientists believe even a global nuclear devastation.  

49 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

There are polystrate trees forming a few miles from my house.    They were flooded when a dam was built, decades ago.  The trees are slowly being buried in layers of sediment.   No scientist thinks it takes "millions of years."

Actually, we do.   Physicists have measured the rate of decay to very precise numbers.   A few isotopes have decay rates vary by a few percent in very, very high temperatures, that would have killed all living things on Earth.    And scientists know it works, because they've used argon/argon testing to accurately date the eruption that destroyed Pompeii.  

Nope.   All organisms are "fully formed", and for a Christian, God knew exactly what He was doing when He used evolution to make the diversity of life on Earth.   Today, engineers are copying evolution to solve problems that cannot be efficiently solved by design.   Once again, God knows best.

As though there was occasionally a big collision when the solar system was forming.    What makes you think that's impossible?

Probably a bad idea to toss it out for discussion, then.

You are quoting from someone else, I didn't say all that. Only some of those quotes are mine. 

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

They were determined by scientists who specialize in dating rocks.   Can you give precise reasons why you think the dates are wrong?

There are multiple reasons.