• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

It's very clear that the Bible was never intended to be a chronology of the Earth.

What about Daniel's 70 Week prophecy, there is absolute proof that 69 weeks, 483 years, 173,880 days were accomplished to the very day when Jesus descended into Jerusalem on a donkey with the crowds proclaiming Him King of Israel!

For any interested, "The Coming Prince," by Sir Robert Anderson, head of Scotland Yard in yesteryears, ...is an excellent, exhaustive and accurate read on this subject.

https://www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Text.Only/pdfs/The_Coming_Prince_Text.pdf

Lord bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

38 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

what Bible believing, born again child of God can doubt God's Word in the Creation account, ...I mean, there is so much genealogical evidence, written by the Holy Spirit, that Adam was created 6,000 years ago

Speaking for myself, I believe that Adam and Eve were real people on the earth somewhere in the area of 6,000 - 10,000 years ago. I base this primarily on the genealogical records in the Bible, particularly the one in Luke. I know there are other Christians who view Adam and Eve as archetypes for humanity rather than real people, but that still doesn't mean they don't believe the Bible. It means they have an alternative interpretation of the passage.

41 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

how could any Bible believing person even think that this earth is millions times millions of years old???

Because evidence that God has made available in His creation strongly suggest that the earth is much older than 6,000 - 10,000 years old. Again speaking only for myself, I think it is much more reasonable that God's miraculous imbuing of His image onto humanity was a spiritual creation and not a physical creation. Through Adam and Eve, the spiritual aspect of humanity was spread to the rest of the people on earth. Human nature and the propensity for sin is not biologically inherited, like a gene on one of our chromosomes, but on a spiritual level to everyone.

57 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

More important, ...why would an all sufficient/efficient God waste all of that time, ...before He created life on this planet, ...it's just not how God has worked in the lives of His children past, ...just read the historical stories and we see how He intervened at precisely the right moment, ...or in my life today, ...my Father is never early and He is never late, ...in the 32 years in walking with Him, He has always been on time, ...precisely to the exact moment when I needed Him!

God works in His own time. Ask Abraham about that! And we humans will never fully comprehend Him or His ways, though one day we will see Him face-to-face! Until then, we can only love Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/19/2019 at 4:40 PM, Abdicate said:

All you people do is trash the word of God with fallible human observations. To answer the ignorance, there was a global event called the flood that changed everything throwing off every metric. I will stick to the truth of the word of God. The only truth in this world.

If you'd set your pride aside and just accept God's word as it is, you wouldn't be so worked up about this.   If you'd read the Bible, you'd learn that it does not say that there was a global flood.  Instead of adding your own desires to scripture, let it be God's way.   And this will trouble you no longer.

Edited by The Barbarian

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

19 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

The problem is that there are all sorts of gaps and even contradictions if one tries to take these as a chronology.   Not to mention, we have the ruins of human settlements about 9,500 years old.   So there's bigger problems than the holes in geneologies in scripture.

Although Archbishop Ussher assumed the Genesis genealogies were complete, it is clear from the rest of the Bible that those genealogies were telescoped (some names were left out for the sake of brevity), which is common in biblical genealogies but rare in modern genealogies. Similarly, the key genealogical terms (such as "son" and "father") have much broader meanings in Hebrew than their corresponding English words. The Hebrew word translated "son" can also have the meaning of "grandson," "great grandson," "descendant," etc.3 Likewise, the Hebrew word translated "father" can mean "grandfather," "great grandfather," "ancestor," etc.4 An accurate understanding of biblical genealogies is difficult, yet it is important for the understanding of Scripture. Having a proper understanding of biblical genealogies is a prerequisite to attempting to address the Genesis genealogies. By cross referencing the biblical genealogies with other events dated in the Bible, one can find instances where numerous genealogies were telescoped, resulting in the exclusion of numerous generations of individuals. When examining individual genealogies, one can find examples where individuals are excluded or added to the lists found in Genesis. The fact that the genealogies of the Bible are given symmetrically (where the numbers of generations in each group are identical) lends credence to the argument that they are representative of generations found throughout human history. More information about the biblical genealogies can be found in our article, The Genesis Genealogies: Are They Complete?

http://godandscience.org/youngearth/age_of_the_earth.html

It's very clear that the Bible was never intended to be a chronology of the Earth.

The Bible does actually have a chronology of humans since Adam. 

Since dating works on assuming conditions were the same, I would rather believe  the bible dates and acknowledge there were big differences in conditions in the past, than believe in currently accepted dates and deny changed conditions, incorrectly assuming uniformity. 

Edited by ARGOSY

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

15 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Friend, okay, ...let's say the stalactite story is just hearsay, ...what Bible believing, born again child of God can doubt God's Word in the Creation account

As you see, the stalactite story is mostly a fraud.    The clock on the rock in that concrete was set back when it was last melted and hardened in volcanic eruption.   Then it was slowly eroded and carried somewhere over millions of years, where it eventually become sedimentary rock.   But the clock was still ticking from the time it left the volcano.    Then after more ages, it was mined and processed to make cement.   Since it wasn't melted, the clock still keeps ticking.    And then it erodes to to form stalactites.  Clock still keeps ticking.   

And then some idiot tests it and is astonished to see that it says millions of years.    Go figure.

And if you accept God's word as it is, what happened above, is completely consistent with His word.    It's not consistent with the modern revision of YE creationism, but that's not God's fault.

Edited by The Barbarian

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

On 10/16/2019 at 8:25 AM, BeauJangles said:

There are two distinct events of creation between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. It's easy for most to miss this, so we'll skip that to avoid getting "into it" and derailing the thread by going off-topic. I'm just curious as to what kind of blood prehistoric creatures had flowing through them as they had their time to roam the globe we know as earth. 

I tend to agree with the 'gap theory'.

I also strongly suspect that there was a prior civilization of man before Adam.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.58
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I suggest that folks read a couple books by Stephen Meyers.

'The Signature in the Cell" and then the follow up which was a response to rebuttals of 'Signature'---called 'Darwin's Doubt'.

Personally, I don't no believe in the theory of evolution. I do understand adaptation within 'kind', which is entirely different.

I am convinced that everything including biological forms are experiencing devolution in fact.

This is due to the law of entropy. In biological forms, one tool of entropy is mutation. Nearly all mutation is deleterious.

Recent studies have even show that the 'rate' of mutation in the human genome is increasing in each generation. Note that word 'rate'. This is important.

Death reigns and is effective in many ways....entropy.

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/20/1989

The Bible clearly teaches this world that God created solely by His Supreme Fiat ("Let there be Light") etc is less than 10,000 years old.

The Old and New Testament genealogies establish this beyond doubt. Until about 200 years ago, all Christians unanimously believed it.

We don't have to retreat from the falsely so-called "science" of evolution, but must, Scientifically and Scripturally, challenge and refute it. 

As certainly as we can know Our Lord Jesus Christ became Incarnate in the Flesh about 2000 years ago, we can know the Prophet Moses lived about 1500 years before His birth, the Patriarch Abraham about 500 years before that, and that Adam himself lived most certainly within 10,000 years ago.

Before about 25 years ago, when DNA (whose half-life Nature calculates at about 521 years) was demonstrably and repeatedly found in several of planet Earth's most ancient fossils, it was almost universally agreed (and still is largely agreed) that DNA could not survive for more than about 10,000 years. Like soft tissues in ancient fossils, C14 in rocks, minerals, living organisms and all the places it shouldn't be, Helium still being in radioactive rocks (all of which would have diffused out long ago, Helium being the second lightest element in the periodic table), this aDNA (antediluvian or ancient DNA) as it is now called, presents a serious challenge for long-agers and for evolutionists. See Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_DNA "1990s
The post-PCR era heralded a wave of publications as numerous research groups tried their hands at aDNA. Soon a series of incredible findings had been published, claiming authentic DNA could be extracted from specimens that were millions of years old, into the realms of what Lindahl (1993b) has labelled Antediluvian DNA.[9] The majority of such claims were based on the retrieval of DNA from organisms preserved in amber. Insects such as stingless bees,[10] termites,[11] and wood gnats,[12] as well as plant[13] and bacterial[14] sequences were extracted from Dominican amber dating to the Oligocene epoch. Still older sources of Lebanese amber-encased weevils, dating to within the Cretaceous epoch, reportedly also yielded authentic DNA.[15] DNA retrieval was not limited to amber.

See also: "https://www.icr.org/article/squid-fossils-ancient-dna-young-earth

"The field of biology has provided much support for a recent creation, and physical evidence of very young-looking biological materials from supposedly ancient fossils continues to accrue from around the world, and from various depths under the earth.

In August of this year, paleontologists in Trowbridge, Wiltshire, England, made a discovery that astounded the evolutionary community. A "150 million-year-old" squid was discovered with an intact ink sac. "It is difficult to imagine how you can have something as soft and sloppy as an ink sac…inside a rock that is 150 million years old," said Dr. Phil Wilby of the British Geological Survey.1 Creationists agree and see this as physical evidence that clearly points to its recent burial and preservation."

• This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

As you see, the stalactite story is mostly a fraud.

No, ...I do not see where the stalactite "story" is a fraud, ...I just asked the question,"how a Bible believing, born again child of God can doubt God's Word in the Creation account?"

I know what we saw and read in a newspaper clipping, ...what is trying to be foisted here is the same thing as those that say the Holocaust never happened, ...same denial of historical facts!

Just because the "original" news article can't be found on the internet doesn't prove it to be wrong, ...I have Walter Martin's book "Kingdom of the Cults," where he has referenced many newspaper clipping, even court transcripts, ...condemning, embarrassing and exposing the cults fraudulent claims, ...surprise, surprise, ...they can't be found on the internet either!

The most important "scientific" truth/fact is AI is making up false news to deceive the world, even using "important" people in all walks of life, ...so that it appears they have said something that they actually never said, ...may I humbly suggest you forget about the lies, conjecture and phony tales concerning the past millions of years and search into what is actually taking place on this planet today!

Like the old saying goes, "Truth is always stranger than fiction."

2 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

And if you accept God's word as it is,

So now then, ...the onus is on you, ...please show us where what you believe is found in God's Word, ...please give us chapter and verse, ...NOT taken out of the original context as the Holy Spirit wrote it...

Context, context, context, a pretext is a verse taken out of it's context...   

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, one.opinion said:

It means they have an alternative interpretation of the passage.

Brother, there is only ONE TRUTH, Jesus Christ is not "the" Truth, He "is" TRUTH!

Please, brother, ...may I point out that what you have said is the same as the writer of the article you posted, he said he believed in YEC, ..."until," ...he started listening to some accredited "men" give their opinions...

Brother, ...we don't listen to "men" to learn Biblical Truths, we are to be taught "only" by the Holy Spirit:

But the Anointing (Holy Spirit) which you received from Him (Father) abides in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His Anointing  (Spirit of Christ Jn 14:26) teaches you concerning all things, and is true and no lie, and as He (Holy Spirit & Spirit of Christ, ...same Person of the Trinity) has taught you, abide in Him.  1 john 2:27

The Holy Spirit wrote to/for us, "abide in Him" ...the word He used, abide is an imperative active, ...that means it is a command we must be doing now and continually, ...we must remain, stay, live in, sojourn, to be continually present in, held, and kept continually, ..."in," the very "personification" of Truth, ...our Precious Lord Jesus Christ...

Brother, you have stumbled onto a real life, present day account of a dear brother that has "shipwrecked his faith," ...please be careful and rely only on the Holy Spirit to teach you ALL Truth.

17 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Again speaking only for myself, I think it is much more reasonable that God's miraculous imbuing of His image onto humanity was a spiritual creation and not a physical creation. Through Adam and Eve, the spiritual aspect of humanity was spread to the rest of the people on earth. Human nature and the propensity for sin is not biologically inherited, like a gene on one of our chromosomes, but on a spiritual level to everyone.

I agree, God is Spirit dwelling in unapproachable Light, ...but also we must believe the Word in the creation miracle of man that God changed dust into a biological, physical organism, ...our human bodies and created our spirit and soul to "live" inside of them, ...which is just a temporary vehicle of transportation for them, ...until the real "us," ...human "beings" are transformed and take up eternal residence in our new bodies, ...like the one Jesus is now "living" in.

Exactly, ...the Holy spirit calls it our carnal nature, ...passed on to all of the descendents of Adam:

And Adam lived one hundred and thirty years and fathered a son in his own likeness, after his own image. And he called his name Seth.  Gen 5:3

17 hours ago, one.opinion said:

God works in His own time. Ask Abraham about that! And we humans will never fully comprehend Him or His ways, though one day we will see Him face-to-face! Until then, we can only love Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.

I agree, ...I don't have to ask Abraham, ...I know from "personal" experience of walking with Him for 32 years, ...He is ever present, looking over my shoulder guiding and directing me, ...and He's always right on time when I need Him.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1