IGNORED

Is NDE real or a chemical illusion of our brain ?

Coemgen

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

I have listened to a lot of things about NDE (Near-Death-Experience) and I don't really have a definitive view on this issue.
All over the world, we have different histories of this phenomenon and it seems that our culture influences our vision.
For example, people often sees a white tunnel in Europe, while other populations will face something else.

Is the NDE real and do we have an answer to this question in the Bible (Paul's experience for example)?
A minority of people says they could see their bodies and objects from the ceilings (out-of-body experience) in the room where they were,
but is it real or a construction of the human brain...thank you for your answer.

Cordially,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, Coemgen said:

Hello,

I have listened to a lot of things about NDE (Near-Death-Experience) and I don't really have a definitive view on this issue.
All over the world, we have different histories of this phenomenon and it seems that our culture influences our vision.
For example, people often sees a white tunnel in Europe, while other populations will face something else.

Is the NDE real and do we have an answer to this question in the Bible (Paul's experience for example)?
A minority of people says they could see their bodies and objects from the ceilings (out-of-body experience) in the room where they were,
but is it real or a construction of the human brain...thank you for your answer.

Cordially,

Good question. I've heard some very convincing testimonies that were after the fact checked out and found to be accurate? But do we believe the Bible and what is says??

2 Corinthians 5:8 (KJV) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

The Bible doesn't say we hover above and around our bodies and view ourselves or our circumstances and environment at permanent death. I can say, those whom have experienced near death, was just that, near death and they revived. Perhaps there is a chemical brain reaction or a supernatural element in it for some? Short answer; I don't have a clue. 

Maybe this is related? Have you ever been in a situation where it looked like your death was suddenly immediate, a head on car crash, massive amounts of bullets and explosions directed towards you, etc. We're capable of our whole lifetimes of good and bad, all events and everything we did in this body, to flash through our brains in a split second.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Coemgen said:

That seems to be a difficult call for me to make as well. The Apostle Paul's experience was probably a vision. I've read some way out and lofty writings from those who have 'flat-lined' or declared clinically dead, and come back to life again with extremely strange stories. A good majority of them have little alignment with what we do know of the heavenly realms. So, I'm rather divided on the authenticity of NDE. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Well, why not both? Some being and some not being.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

A person needs to be very, very careful when embracing NDE. Satan knows that the Christian is curious about NDE and can influence them. Several things can allow a person to hallucinate when having a medical crisis. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

We need to take everything we hear to the word of God and compare what has been said to what God's word says and not just indulge in our own personal ideas in regards to spiritual matters that go beyond what He has written in His word. Scripture teaches us that we are forbidden to go beyond what His word says in regards to spiritual matters. Scripture never indulges us in the desire to pursue beyond the boundaries God, Himself has put in place in regards to spiritual matters. We need to accept those boundaries, when scripture is silent.

Notice that in these near death experience stories, the central theme and message brought back focus's on the individuals themselves and mundane descriptions that are so prominent in creative stories in movies and books. The biblical description draws us to the mind blowing supremacy and sovereignty and glory of Jesus Christ who is central and the heart of heaven's description. The writers in the new testament mention their own fear and shame in the presence of such glory.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/05/1968

My mother had a near death experience when her appendix ruptured as a kid in the late 1940's. I think she was 12 at the time? She floated above her body in the hospital and saw things that she could not have known otherwise. The doctor thought he lost her during surgery, but they saved her life. The doctor and nurses were astounded by what she recalled and things she knew. She is 100% convinced that an NDE is real and there is life after death.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,416
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I too have had out of body sensation during extreme illness and fever. The sensations however would return every time I laid back for years afterward and for years I hated to have to ever lay back.  If I did, the ceiling would ripple like great waves rushing back and forth. I would see  distortions and hear rumbling noise. I fought  to overcome the fear of it, learned to think of it as more entertainment so that I no longer had fear. And then the rumbling plus eventually the distortions and floating, it all dissipated,- after some 12 years or more time.

I do think there was a physical reason that being the trauma of an illness that caused lasting injury to inner ear and perhaps eyes too, that eventually were restored by the time and effort that the body does to rebuild what is broken. That is me, I know nothing about the experience of others.

Not convinced. Whether NDEs are real or not, we will all have real death soon enough. I choose to focus on the Bible and Christ. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

You never hear of NDE in the Bible do you? Can you imagine what Lazarus of Bethany would be able to tell? But the Bible is silent on that. 

• Thumbs Up 2