IGNORED

Is NDE real or a chemical illusion of our brain ?

Coemgen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You never hear of NDE in the Bible do you? Can you imagine what Lazarus of Bethany would be able to tell? But the Bible is silent on that. 

This is something I have always wondered about. Not having a belief in "soul-sleep", Lazarus went fully aware from one state of being, to the next, and back again. Pretty amazing when you think about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

This is something I have always wondered about. Not having a belief in "soul-sleep", Lazarus went fully aware from one state of being, to the next, and back again. Pretty amazing when you think about it. 

I am not a believer of soul sleep as well because it is not biblical. Yes, it is amazing and Jesus did it for His glory. That is why he waited until Lazarus had been in the grave for 4 days. But several people had  been raised from the dead in the Bible. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

In retrospect and giving this some more thought; as it's a topic that never comes to mind for me personally...

I'm under the thought that clinical medical death is not called when the heart stops or breathing stops; but when the brain activity stops? Where does our soul and spirit actually reside, our entire body and being, in our brains? At actual physical death, we know our soul [absent from the body] goes to either one of two places immediately. 

There has to be literally thousands of near death experiences, people brought back with Narcan in drug overdoses, revived in surgery, heart attacks, drowning, etc. It would seem to me, that if this was spiritual in nature or an insight; 100% of these NDE'S would have a story to tell? Best I know of, these are isolated cases. That's not to say the Lord wouldn't use something like this to bring someone to Christ, or... Non-Christians seeing a warm glowing light and being drawn to it? 

Probably like many of you who have been put under for major surgery; the brain seems to be disconnected except for life supporting systems; there is no concept of time, no dreams, just a very seemly short gap in which hours passed. 

Some of these NDE'S seem to be unexplained; people seeing things above them atop of the drop ceilings and elsewhere they had no access to and describing things there that they have no business knowing unless they saw it first hand. It's almost like describing someone whom is floating between our physical 3 dimensional world with the laws of physics, and the supernatural realm and another dimension? 

To sum it all up; yes it's very interesting and not explainable at this time. If it were important for us to know, the Bible would have covered it. To my thinking, there's only three plausible places these NDE'S derive from; the Lord, Satan or our own minds? 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Astral projection and NDE's are basically the same thing.....      It is possible to have a NDE experience without your body dying.....   it is very much not a good idea to experiment with it though.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

4 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

There are things which I'm not going to write about or discuss with others in this life though I'm assured all will be revealed in the end. Let's pass through doors Christ opens and turn away from those which are shut, remembering who presents us to our Father when the day of the Lord comes. :)

I've described what happens when the Lord opens my eyes as parting the veil. My brush with the grave occurred when I found myself in the presence of the Lord. I no longer see with these eyes because the Lord reveals it plainly to my heart and mind.  

After all those years of sinful rebellion Christ revealed himself as the Last, the Living One who holds the keys of death and Hades. God came and spoke, accepting the life I offered and pronouncing this as pleasing in his sight: I would live and grow strong. When I could stand on my feet he would call to me but until that time came I would do nothing but sleep, eat, and grow stronger. I wouldn't be troubled by anything else and so God scattered my restless mind for the next two years. A great deal has happened since then!

So now it's over two years later and here I am doing precisely what the Lord said I would be doing once I embraced the meaning of discretion with love: sharing my testimony with others. I've experienced how the Lord is true to his every word from the moment he spared that life I so callously wasted. On the day I chose to die I lived instead, demonstrating the truth of the scripture which reminds us that those who lose their lives shall surely gain it (Luke 17:33).  A little over three months ago God's Spirit came to dwell with me so this is the tangible outcome of my own NDE.

Amen Brother!

I just shared my thoughts from a finite and unknowing point of view trying to reason. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

It happened when i was young, i was sleeping at home n when i opened my eyes i found myself high at the ceiling, i was so shocked n yelled then as if i had been thrown down to my body or as if i fell down hard n felt all my body hurt, cud not get up,  i hv no idea what it was.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, thank you all for what you have shared on this topic. For now, I really don't know what I have to think about NDE.

May the Eternal guides us.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

1 hour ago, Coemgen said:

Hello, thank you all for what you have shared on this topic. For now, I really don't know what I have to think about NDE.

I first heard of NDE's a long time ago. I read what was then the best book on the subject written by a MD who investigated 13 NDEs himself. I'd say that usually something real is happening but not everything seen or told during the NDE is reliable. In 1 case I never forgot, the person came back with information that should have changed the world. It never happened. Several yrs ago a different doctor had a NDE in which he was finally taken to where God is supposed to be. This place was pitch black, as dark as can be, but the doc heard a voice within the darkness. Before the NDE this doctor didn't believe there even was a spiritual realm and afterwards he did. Okay that's good but I don't believe God dwells in darkness. How can that be since the Bible says God is light. I expect that the very presence of God illuminates His surroundings. Since this doc was an atheist he was probably taken to where a devil dwells. I doubt a Christian would have fallen for that but this atheist came back thinking he was in God's presence.

So I take all NDEs with a grain of salt. Be cautious.