• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

Here’s what she says:

“…The greatest destroyer of peace today is the cry of the innocent unborn child. For if a mother can murder her own child in her womb, what is left for you and for me to kill each other?

“In the scripture it is written: Even if mother could forget her child – I will not forget you – I have carved you in the palm of my hand. Even if mother could forget, but today millions of unborn children are being killed. And we say nothing.

In the newspapers you read numbers of this one and that one being killed, this being destroyed, but nobody speaks of the millions of little ones who have been conceived to the same life as you and I, to the life of God, and we say nothing, we allow it.

To me the nations who have legalized abortion, they are the poorest nations. They are afraid of the little one, they are afraid of the unborn child, and the child must die because they don’t want to feed one more child, to educate one more child, the child must die.

And here I ask you, in the name of these little ones, for it was that unborn child that recognized the presence of Jesus when Mary came to visit Elizabeth, her cousin. As we read in the gospel, the moment Mary came into the house, the little one in the womb of his mother, lift with joy, recognized the Prince of Peace.

And so today, let us here make a strong resolution, we are going to save every little child, every unborn child, give them a chance to be born.”

“We are fighting abortion by adoption, and the good God has blessed the work so beautifully that we have saved thousands of children, and thousands of children have found a home where they are loved, they are wanted, they are cared. We have brought so much joy in the homes that there was not a child….”

“Today…let us all pray that we have the courage to stand by the unborn child, and give the child an opportunity to love and to be loved, and I think with God’s grace we will be able to bring peace in the world.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Actually the number of abortions have falling in the United States. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

4 hours ago, createdequal said:

“In the scripture it is written: Even if mother could forget her child – I will not forget you – I have carved you in the palm of my hand. Even if mother could forget, but today millions of unborn children are being killed. And we say nothing.

I’m just curious why you believe “we say nothing?” The Church is against abortion and speaks out loudly against it, which unfortunately gets the attention of politicians who exploit our passion for life in order to get votes. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

@createdequal

I often avoid controversy issues, but this one is different.  I must acknowledge that I write from a location where abortion is illegal although there are countless other problems with authority.

Like the Rwanda topic, the blood of the slaughtered cries out.  The outrage at human brutality is consistent throughout the ages.  Societies always claim they are the best, while any outside observer, especially with a heavenly view, can see the huge issues that scream of hypocrisy in the most abominable forms.  In Rwanda 1 million killed.  In the western world 1 million killed every year.

It is tempting to call for justice for the countries and people that commit such things.

But then Jesus, when showing us the problems of living by judgement (the sermon on the mount), said

Do not judge, or you too will be judged.  For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.  Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?  How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?  You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. 

When I consider the women that have chosen abortion as the way out of their terrible situations, I love Jesus' words as it gives me God's blessing to not hold the terrible events against them.  Just like the point I was trying to make in the Rwanda topic.  Mercy is beautiful when we have Love.  Mercy is heinous when we have hate.

Does that mean that abortion is OK because we forgive those who are engaged in the actions?  No, abortion is clearly a sin, which can be demonstrated from the Law of Moses.

What must be done about the society?  Here is where there is not a clear directive in scripture that I can see.  We see precedence in scripture in different directions. So precendence by itself is not clear enough to establish a principle about what action the individual should take against a society.  Which leaves it in the hands of God to speak to the individual.

During the Rwanda massacre, what action should a person take?
Should a person from the USA have formed a squad to go over and violently stop the massacre? 
Should a person who lived in Rwanda have formed a squad to violently stop the massacre?
Should a person from anywhere have organized a network of people to get people out of the massacre?
Should a person have stood between the murderous mob and their victims to attempt to stop them?
Should a person just take the long term view and seek to depose the government that allowed such actions?
Should a person just stay home and pray for them?

I believe the answer to any of these could be "yes" if God led a person to such action.  The last two carry the risk of apathy, where it is easy to lose connection with the suffering of others and return to a lifestyle of looking for the Logs.
The other ones carry the risk of focusing on the Logs in the eyes of the perpetrators.

Now that we are After the Rwanda Massacre, should a person call for justice for the perpetrators?  When I asked that in the other topic some responded yes.  Is it the same answer for those involved in abortion?

I believe in decision making based on principles not on Utilitarianism.  I believe the dominant principle in the New Covenant is Grace, made possible through His Mercy.

But that does not mean that the issue of abortion does not loom as a gigantic issue that should be of great concern to every person, but especially those who support the authorities that authorize such atrocities.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I think God deals with nations differently than He does individuals.

We have embraced abortion as a nation and I am convinced our over all moral decline is connected to this. Our collective national conscience has been seared.

I recall a prominent reason the sin of the Canaanites was full...they sacrificed their children to Molech.

Humans are very adept at rationalizing.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Abortion is allowed for women above sixty for health reason.

10 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Abortion is allowed for women above sixty for health reason.

Women over 60 getting pregnant. I bet that is a surprised. :blink:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

On 10/5/2019 at 7:24 PM, LadyKay said:

Actually the number of abortions have falling in the United States. 

Due to the ease in which women can get the abortion pill (plan b).

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Women over 60 getting pregnant. I bet that is a surprised. :blink:

It happened rarely.

7 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Due to the ease in which women can get the abortion pill (plan b).

In part due to women not getting pregnant in the first place with the availableity of bith control options.