• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,236
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

10-6-19, I was thinking, I shared before on this forum about, But seek ye first the kingdom of God, but I just can't remember or can anyone else?

Matthew 6:1-34

33But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

Mt 6:33 Seek ye first the kingdom of God. The promise is made that if we seek it first, and its righteousness, all earthly wants will be supplied. The condition demands, (1) That we seek the kingdom "first" in point of time. Some propose to secure a competence, and after they have gained it, they will serve God.

Matthew 6:1-34 

Question: "What does it mean to seek first the kingdom of God?"

https://www.gotquestions.org/seek-first-kingdom-God.html

Love always, Walter

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

The kingdom of God is not found in any palace or mansions or religious sanctuaries, however it can b found in the hearts that forgive n share.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

It goes right along with loving the Eternal LORD with all our hearts first and foremost, doesn't it?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

The kingdom of God is not found in any palace or mansions or religious sanctuaries, however it can b found in the hearts that forgive n share.

Amen, but what do Jesus say in Matthew 6:33 ? in seeking His kingdom first, what did He mean ? 

More info.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, Ruth Also said:

It goes right along with loving the Eternal LORD with all our hearts first and foremost, doesn't it?  

If we claim we love God but we do not love or pray for our neighbour it Will be just a theology.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Praise God! 1

44 minutes ago, Ruth Also said:

Yes it does, but we can say one thing but mean another.

14 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

If we claim we love God but we do not pray for our neighbour it Will be just a theology.

Amen, Do that change anything about Matthew 6:33 ?

More info.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,044
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

and HIS righteousness 

ROMANS 6:16 know you not that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey his servants you are to whom you obey whether of sin unto death or of obedience unto righteousness 

PROVERBS 8:8 all the words of MY MOUTH are in righteousness there is nothing froward or perverse in them -- 8:20 I lead in the way of righteousness in the midst of the paths of judgement

PSALM 119:172 my tongue shall speak of thy word for all thy commandments are righteousness --119:144 the righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting give me understanding and I shall live --119:142 thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and thy law is truth 

PSALM 5:8 LEAD ME O LORD IN THY RIGHTEOUSNESS BECAUSE OF MINE ENEMIES MAKE THY WAY STRAIGHT BEFORE MY FACE 

PSALM 23:3 HE restoreth my soul HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for HIS names sake 

PSALM 35:24 judge me O LORD my GOD according to thy righteousness and let them not rejoice over me 

PSALM 40:10 I HAVE NOT HID THY RIGHTEOUSNESS WITHIN MY HEART I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation

ROMANS 1:18 FOR THE WRATH OF GOD IS REVEALED FROM HEAVEN AGAINST ALL UNGODLINESS AND UNRIGHTEOUSNESS OF MEN WHO HOLD THE TRUTH IN UNRIGHTEOUSNESS 

PROVERBS 16:31 THE HOARY / GRAY HEAD IS A CROWN OF GLORY IF IT BE FOUND IN THE WAY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

ROMANS 6:18 BEING THEN MADE FROM SIN YOU BECAME THE SERVANTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS 

2 TIMOTHY 3:16 ALL SCRIPYURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD AND IS PROFITABLE FOR DOCTRINE FOR REPROOF FOR CORRECTION AND FOR INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS 

PROVERBS 12:28 IN THE WAY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IS LIFE AND IN THE PATHWAY THEREOF THERE IS NO DEATH 

*****PROVERBS 11:4 RICHES PROFIT NOT IN THE DAY OF WRATH BUT RIGHTEOUSNESS DELIVERETH FROM DEATH *****

LOVING THE LORD 

• This is Worthy 1

52 minutes ago, steve morrow said:

and HIS righteousness 

ROMANS 6:16 know you not that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey his servants you are to whom you obey whether of sin unto death or of obedience unto righteousness 

PROVERBS 8:8 all the words of MY MOUTH are in righteousness there is nothing froward or perverse in them -- 8:20 I lead in the way of righteousness in the midst of the paths of judgement

PSALM 119:172 my tongue shall speak of thy word for all thy commandments are righteousness --119:144 the righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting give me understanding and I shall live --119:142 thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and thy law is truth 

PSALM 5:8 LEAD ME O LORD IN THY RIGHTEOUSNESS BECAUSE OF MINE ENEMIES MAKE THY WAY STRAIGHT BEFORE MY FACE 

PSALM 23:3 HE restoreth my soul HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for HIS names sake 

PSALM 35:24 judge me O LORD my GOD according to thy righteousness and let them not rejoice over me 

PSALM 40:10 I HAVE NOT HID THY RIGHTEOUSNESS WITHIN MY HEART I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation

ROMANS 1:18 FOR THE WRATH OF GOD IS REVEALED FROM HEAVEN AGAINST ALL UNGODLINESS AND UNRIGHTEOUSNESS OF MEN WHO HOLD THE TRUTH IN UNRIGHTEOUSNESS 

PROVERBS 16:31 THE HOARY / GRAY HEAD IS A CROWN OF GLORY IF IT BE FOUND IN THE WAY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

ROMANS 6:18 BEING THEN MADE FROM SIN YOU BECAME THE SERVANTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS 

2 TIMOTHY 3:16 ALL SCRIPYURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD AND IS PROFITABLE FOR DOCTRINE FOR REPROOF FOR CORRECTION AND FOR INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS 

PROVERBS 12:28 IN THE WAY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IS LIFE AND IN THE PATHWAY THEREOF THERE IS NO DEATH 

*****PROVERBS 11:4 RICHES PROFIT NOT IN THE DAY OF WRATH BUT RIGHTEOUSNESS DELIVERETH FROM DEATH *****

LOVING THE LORD 

Amen, holiness and righteousness in the Bible is that HOLINESS is a state of CHARACTER, while RIGHTEOUSNESS is a state of POSITION. Holiness points to how you are, and righteousness points to where you are. Holy is more of what you make yourself; righteous is what God makes you.

Ephesians 4:24 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Love always, Walter and Deborah

More info.