• Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

From God Calling...

Practice Love

Watch over and protect us.

Want of Love will block the way. You must love all. Those that fret you and those who do not.

Practice Love. It is a great lesson, and you have a great Teacher. You must love, how otherwise can you dwell in Me, when nothing unloving can come? Practice this and I will bless you exceedingly, above all you cannot only ask, but imagine.

No limit to My Power. Do all you can and leave to Me the rest. Peace will come, and Trust. Fear not, I am your Advocate, your Mediator.

"And this is his commandment... love one another, as he gave us commandment." 1 John 3:23

GOD CALLING
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hello early bird,

You have led me to more work that is profitable to me. Thanks. And I hardly have finished my first cup of coffee for the day.

From my own effort after reading your post I include the work of John Piper an excerpt from it anyway:

Love in the Old Testament

Jesus said that the greatest commandment in the Old Testament was, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind” (Matthew 22:36ff; Deuteronomy 6:5). The second commandment was, “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:39; Leviticus 19:18). Then he said, “On these two commandments hang all the law and prophets” (Matthew 22:40). This must mean that if a person understood and obeyed these two commandments, he would understand and fulfill what the whole Old Testament was trying to teach. Everything in the Old Testament, when properly understood, aims basically to transform men and women into people who fervently love God and their neighbor.

The fuller text is at https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/the-meanings-of-love-in-the-bible

Good morning may God bless, all this day and every day.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

21 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Jesus said that the greatest commandment in the Old Testament was, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind” (Matthew 22:36ff; Deuteronomy 6:5). The second commandment was, "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:39; Leviticus 19:18). Then he said, “On these two commandments hang all the law and prophets” (Matthew 22:40). This must mean that if a person understood and obeyed these two commandments, he would understand and fulfill what the whole Old Testament was trying to teach. Everything in the Old Testament, when properly understood, aims basically to transform men and women into people who fervently love God and their neighbor.

Amen. And it would be pretty good to assume our neighbors are also one another as well. 

John 13:34 34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  KJV

John 15:12 12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.  KJV

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  3

God is love. To the measure that we let God dwells in our hearts, we will practice love.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Debp said:

From God Calling...

Practice Love

"And this is his commandment... love one another, as he gave us commandment." 1 John 3:23

GOD CALLING

God(Jesus) is Love

says the Bible's  1 John 4:8 and 16

that is why the Bible's Romans 8:15 declares: For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

Warren Wiersbe  in his commentary explains that: "adoption" in the New Testament did not really mean what it means today. The Koine Greek "huiothesia" (translated :adoption as sons) used by Paul literally means "son-placing"(to be placed as a son).

Every born-again believer(girl and boy, man and woman) is a child of God(the Father,the Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit) by birth the New Testament declares.[Preceptaustin.org]

That's why we(those who receive and believe in Jesus as God and Savior )can call the Almighty Father God :Abba, Father. Oh what an  unimaginable gift of Grace this is.

***Please all you sweet people around the globe, receive Jesus as you Savior and God. You will be the very children of God and live forever.

---You don't need to call God, God.---

You can call him Abba(Father), Father!(Father, Father, meaning: Dear Father)

Because Jesus died on the Cross of Calvary. Thank you my God Jesus! I love you!

(the greatest scientists in history were evangelical or Protestants and they  believed in Christ Jesus as their God : Leonhard Euler ,Johannes Kepler, Robert Boyle, Michael Faraday, James Clerk Maxwell, Werner Heisenberg(nobel prize for the creation of Quantum physics), Ernest Rutherford., Lord Kelvin , American William Josiah Gibbs ,Bernhard Riemann .....etc.(Einstein was not a Christian but he used evangelical Christian  B. Riemann's  tensor mathematics for his theory of General Relativity.)

The Wright Brothers, the inventors of the airplane were also religious Christians.

Georg Cantor(half Jewish by his own account), one of the greatest mathematicians(set theory) was also a religious Christian.

Make no mistake dear planet earth, Jesus Christ is Lord and Almighty God.

Please make the only SMART choice and receive Jesus as you Savior and God.:)

Edited by rontiger
added Georg Cantor