Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

I realize this thread will get buried in no time like most of the threads here, but I felt a need to say this before everyone goes on doing same-0-same-o.

God through Paul, teaches us especially in nearly all of 2nd Corinthians on the topic of UNITY IN THE BODY OF CHRIST, which by the way I have never heard a message on in any church in over 40 years of church going :noidea:.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that discussing Gods word is absolutely necessary for our growth and have no problem with that, but GOD GAVE US BOUNDRIES to interact with each other, and discuss our faith and His word.

God calls it LOVE!! We as Christians , GOD SAYS, are known by the love we have for one another, but somehow, at least here many times, that seems to be an idea that is not taken seriously or even considered as a part of our salvation. It doesn't seem to scare us to berate a brother or sister because we think we are already saved and so we can act any way we want :swordfightsmiles:and God will still love us and call us home - OH REALLY:taped:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we beat each other up with differing verses to prove a point, but seem to forget that GOD IS NOT A GOD OF CONFUSION, and that the word of God was written in HARMONY, for HARMONY in the body, and HARMONY with every word in the bible. THERE ARE NO CONTRADICTIONS or OPPOSING VIEWS in the bible, but we seem to forget, or never consider HARMONY and UNITY, and we use Gods word like it will justify every opinion, no matter how differing opinions oppose each other, and love and unity in the Spirit are never considered because too many people get caught up in trying to prove THEIR POINT with sometimes hugely drawn out postings trying to validate their beliefs, instead of coming together in love to seek out God's truth in a spirit of love and consideration for HARMONY IN CHRIST.

Did God create the bible so we could beat each other up with it and oppose each other in our ego's arrogance, and almost fanatical desire to be RIGHT.

One of God's main themes in the New Testament is LOVE, Unity, kindness, patience, long suffering ( Read 1st Corinthians 13 - The love chapter).

I also understand that we are to be defenders and contenders of the faith, and some even called to be apologists, but again, there are boundaries set by God how to carry out those gifts given to us by God for the BETTERMENT OF ALL MANKIND, not to be used to try and destroy a brother or sisters faithfor your own sake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE - I HAVE A REQUEST!

Consider the love you should have for each other, and the same kindness for others, that God has lavished on each of us when your posting.

LOVE IS NOT AN OPTION and is directly connected to SALVAION - YOUR SALVATION, so please be kind to one another.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been posted with a great deal of love for all here in the body of Christ, and my prayer is it's taken as seriously as God see's it. IT'S A TERRIFYING THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD - Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Amen!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

This post coming from someone who wrote two very mean posts to me, calling me names and accusing  me of hurting my family. Get the log out of your own eye...

• Thumbs Up 1

Offenses are inevitable. And in either direction.

We are so fortunate that we can react in Love. The love of the Life within us.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

3 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

This post coming from someone who wrote two very mean posts to me, calling me names and accusing  me of hurting my family. Get the log out of your own eye...

ReneeLW my wonderful sister in Christ.

Jesus said to Peter get the behind me satan spoken in love, but sounds horrible.

As we all know, love comes in many forms for the betterment of the receiver. I was never mean or called you names and was very concerned for you and still am.

I'm sorry you heard anything but love and concern from me. - Dave

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

@Seasoned by Grace

Very true, for there are no opinions in truth....and only in truth as it is in Jesus can there be unity....

And only as much as we know Christ Jesus personally, to that degree can we know Truth. 

This is why foremost in our walks, should be our personal relationship with Christ. For as stated above, to the degree we know Christ to that degree can we know truth. All else is a playing with the words of life to the elevation of self.  

Be blessed in your searching after Him, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Not me said:

@Seasoned by Grace

Very true, for there are no opinions in truth....and only in truth as it is in Jesus can there be unity....

And only as much as we know Christ Jesus personally, to that degree can we know Truth. 

This is why foremost in our walks, should be our personal relationship with Christ. For as stated above, to the degree we know Christ to that degree can we know truth. All else is a playing with the words of life to the elevation of self.  

Be blessed in your searching after Him, Not me

Amen!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

42 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

I realize this thread will get buried in no time like most of the threads here, but I felt a need to say this before everyone goes on doing same-0-same-o.

Such love as this I need? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

We are broken, flawed, blemished, and imperfect. We will stumble with one another and get messy. Praise God He still loves us in our messiness. Too, each of us is at a different place in our journey with Christ. Some are drinking milk, and others savoring  meat. Those who are mature in Christ do not lord it over others who are not. Those here on this site who have many points and posts must not think of entitlement and privilege, but rather even greater humility. Teach with grace---the truth, in love. We are fighting the need to be right, which is pride.  

I remember a pastor and I would go weekly to unbelieving homes and share the Gospel. He would lead me in prayer in the car as we drove so that we might be watchful of any fleshly unawareness in us before we met new, potential Christians. We wanted to see them saved by asking God to glorify Christ in us. 

Ephesians 4:2 "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.  

Edited by Coliseum
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

God through Paul, teaches us especially in nearly all of 2nd Corinthians on the topic of UNITY IN THE BODY OF CHRIST, which by the way I have never heard a message on in any church in over 40 years of church going :noidea:.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that discussing Gods word is absolutely necessary for our growth and have no problem with that, but GOD GAVE US BOUNDRIES to interact with each other, and discuss our faith and His word.

God calls it LOVE!! We as Christians , GOD SAYS, are known by the love we have for one another, but somehow, at least here many times, that seems to be an idea that is not taken seriously or even considered as a part of our salvation. It doesn't seem to scare us to berate a brother or sister because we think we are already saved and so we can act any way we want :swordfightsmiles:and God will still love us and call us home - OH REALLY:taped:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we beat each other up with differing verses to prove a point, but seem to forget that GOD IS NOT A GOD OF CONFUSION, and that the word of God was written in HARMONY, for HARMONY in the body, and HARMONY with every word in the bible. THERE ARE NO CONTRADICTIONS or OPPOSING VIEWS in the bible, but we seem to forget, or never consider HARMONY and UNITY, and we use Gods word like it will justify every opinion, no matter how differing opinions oppose each other, and love and unity in the Spirit are never considered because too many people get caught up in trying to prove THEIR POINT with sometimes hugely drawn out postings trying to validate their beliefs, instead of coming together in love to seek out God's truth in a spirit of love and consideration for HARMONY IN CHRIST.

Did God create the bible so we could beat each other up with it and oppose each other in our ego's arrogance, and almost fanatical desire to be RIGHT.

One of God's main themes in the New Testament is LOVE, Unity, kindness, patience, long suffering ( Read 1st Corinthians 13 - The love chapter).

I also understand that we are to be defenders and contenders of the faith, and some even called to be apologists, but again, there are boundaries set by God how to carry out those gifts given to us by God for the BETTERMENT OF ALL MANKIND, not to be used to try and destroy a brother or sisters faithfor your own sake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE - I HAVE A REQUEST!

Consider the love you should have for each other, and the same kindness for others, that God has lavished on each of us when your posting.

LOVE IS NOT AN OPTION and is directly connected to SALVAION - YOUR SALVATION, so please be kind to one another.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been posted with a great deal of love for all here in the body of Christ, and my prayer is it's taken as seriously as God see's it. IT'S A TERRIFYING THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD - Dave

We should all debate with each other kindly even if some of the posts on Worthy are not the true word of God. We have God's promise that if we ask Jesus Christ into our lives to be our Lord and Savior we are saved. As born again Christians we are to show the fruit of the Holy Spirit and that is not be unkind to others.

• Loved it! 1