• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

niWluPl.thumb.png.5c0259f10f1b55b69a0c2b2d8b847d61.png.6b29d19bb0611c1ac78ba7a0f5a376d0.png

Grafted in. 

Menorah,  Magen David,  Yeshua  - Romans 11:17-18 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree,  do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.

From the fuller context within Romans 11 ;

Gentiles Grafted In

So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather, through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous.  Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean!

Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry  in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them.  For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead? If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree,  do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.  Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”  That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you.  Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.  And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.  For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

• Well Said! 1

From Zola Levitt ministries comes this information: Grafted in:

This early Messianic Symbol, believed to date from the 2nd century AD, has reportedly been discovered on pottery around Jerusalem. Experts have concluded that it was and identifyig mark of early Jewish Believers in Yeshua ( Jesus) that tied together their traditions and their faith. The three part design  illustrates the truth of Romans 11:17&18. The Menorah (candelabra) at the top reminding of God's Torah and His promises to Abraham in calling out the chosen people. The Magen David (star of David) recalls the establishment of the Davidic monarchy in the Land of Israel. The fish an early symbol for Yeshua shows that  the gentile has been grafted into the Jewish root through faith in Yeshua, the Messiah of Israel, the fulfiller of the Torah and the rightful king in the line of David.

The fusion of the three symbols demonstrates that Jew and gentile are truly one in Messiah, reconciled through His atonement, the middle wall of partition having been  broken down ( Ephesians 2:14). 

It is a symbol to encourage the sharing of these truths that I am thinking of having tattooed. Probably won't do that. Nothing like tattoos on an old man eh? Anyway, if I can have it done in gold color I might go ahead even on this old frame thinking to use it as a personal reminder and as a tract.

All I have to do is find a place on me large enough that isn't cut up and or scarred or wrinkled-ha.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tampered With said:

There is just so much anti-Semitism even in today's Church it really angers me sometimes at the lack of understanding.    

Incredible that some even boycott any entity that does business with Israel. Others claim to be Israel or the real Jews. It does get rather bizarre, but I try to see opportunity in it too, for it is a loud proclaiming that  the group it's leadership and it's members do not know of God, but instead only of their own traditions and rites.

It is encouraging in that there is hope being shared by those called out to go to these places of errant messages and tradition and to share with them the Bible. Actually go and talk with them. One Orthodox group is now sharing from their pulpits of salvation by grace alone after sharing of only ritual for centuries. Their membership is amazed by the messge and many are hearing and responding. God has been sending just one man to go  and talk with them for many years now, and they have finally heard and are heeding, right now at  this day and time.

Praise God for the studied courage of even one man with the patience to handle the many years of resistance, one that gives all praise and glory to God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

HOORAY :group-hug:

I am so glad you posted this topic, as so few even know these verses exist, or anything about the context that affects us to this day. Praise God and BLESS YOU :thumbsup:. I have studied this topic for over 4 years and I hope this topic gets deeper as there is so much information to help all of our faith grow.

God's blessings on you - Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

6 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

Feel free to contact me anytime Dave as we need to stick together! :amen:

I will do that, and I love your quote by George Santayana - SO TRUE:thumbsup:

So true TAMPERED WITH :thumbsup:.

There is such a richness in this study that shows One of Gods huge plans, to bring the chosen few of the Israelite believers back into the fold as still Gods CHOSEN.

ABSOLUTELY love this topic.

Yes I am a gentile but absolutely know by Gods word of Gods continuing Great love for those CHOSEN FIRST.

28 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

I especially like Romans 11: 17-18, 25-26, 28-29

Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you [Gentiles], being like a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among them to share with them the rich root of the olive tree, 18 do not boast over the [broken] branches and exalt yourself at their expense. If you do boast and feel superior, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root that supports you.

25 I do not want you, believers, to be unaware of this mystery [God’s previously hidden plan]—so that you will not be wise in your own opinion—that a partial hardening has [temporarily] happened to Israel [to last] until the full number of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so [at that time] all Israel [that is, all Jews who have a personal faith in Jesus as Messiah] will be saved; just as it is written [in Scripture],

28 From the standpoint of the gospel, the Jews [at present] are enemies [of God] for your sake [which is for your benefit], but from the standpoint of God’s choice [of the Jews as His people], they are still loved by Him for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable [for He does not withdraw what He has given, nor does He change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace or to whom He sends His call].

ABSOLUTELY. SPOT ON :t2:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

37 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

I especially like Romans 11: 17-18, 25-26, 28-29

Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you [Gentiles], being like a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among them to share with them the rich root of the olive tree, 18 do not boast over the [broken] branches and exalt yourself at their expense. If you do boast and feel superior, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root that supports you.

25 I do not want you, believers, to be unaware of this mystery [God’s previously hidden plan]—so that you will not be wise in your own opinion—that a partial hardening has [temporarily] happened to Israel [to last] until the full number of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so [at that time] all Israel [that is, all Jews who have a personal faith in Jesus as Messiah] will be saved; just as it is written [in Scripture],

28 From the standpoint of the gospel, the Jews [at present] are enemies [of God] for your sake [which is for your benefit], but from the standpoint of God’s choice [of the Jews as His people], they are still loved by Him for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable [for He does not withdraw what He has given, nor does He change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace or to whom He sends His call].

Romans 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Romans 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Romans 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Romans 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Romans 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

What people miss is that the old covenant and promises ended with the death of Jesus Christ, that is why the gospel of the Apostles is the NEW testament or new covenant.  When Jesus died he destroyed the temple and created a new promise, where Israel is not flesh bloodlines.  Israel are Christians, the believers of Christ, are part of the "adoption" of Christ as spiritual Israel.  But being a promise based on the covenant or law, there are conditions, if you act evil and break the covenant the promises will no longer be given to you.

Matthew 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

Matthew 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

Matthew 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

Matthew 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

Matthew 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Matthew 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

Matthew 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Revelation 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

There is no "once saved always saved", if you endure you will receive a crown of life as James 1:12 says, in Revelation 3:11 we are told our crown of life can be taken because of our actions.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

2 hours ago, Tampered With said:

Without the Old Testament the New Testament has no foundation. I could not disagree more because the "Old Covenants" as in the , Abrahamic Covenant and the Davidic Covenant Bible Scripture says they are eternal and everlasting and since G_d is not a liar and He Keeps his promises as well as His Covenants they are as in force now as when they were first given. If they were not so then there would not be any hope of salvation for G_d would not be the keeper of His Word but Praise G_d as He is Always Faithful to perform that which He has Promised! The only thing that ended with the death of Jesus on the Cross was Satan's power to use sin against mankind as Jesus paid the price for all mankind's sin to nail the power of sin against mankind to the cross. All anyone has to do is acknowledge their sin and accept Jesus as their Savior.

The nation of Israel (Jews in their homeland in the Middle East) still have a major role according to Biblical Scripture in the "End Times" and especially in the Millennial Reign of Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus Christ).

I never said the law was ended, I said that the Bloodline has ended.  Still have to obey the commandments of Moses, but "Israel" is a spiritual people now and as stated in the Scripture already posted, you can be denied Heaven if you turn away from God.  You ignored the words of Jesus, just to post scripture about laws that was never the topic.  I never said there was no law, I said the covenant/contract with flesh Israel is voided and now the new covenant Jesus made is spiritual for spiritual Israel.  There are still non-salvation promises towards flesh Israel I agree, but because you were born within the bloodline of Israel does not give you an automatic pass to eternal life.

Jeremiah 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,177
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Romans 11:17-18 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree,  do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.

Hi Neighbour,

Let`s have a closer look at this scripture.

The ROOT is HOLY, it NOURISHES & SUPPORTS. Who is holy? Who nourishes? Who supports?

Why of course it is the Lord. It is He who is Holy, it is He who nourishes, it is He who supports.

Let us not take away from the holiness, ability and power of the Lord who has purposes for Israel and for the Body of Christ.

Christ is the ONLY foundation who is Holy, who nourishes and who supports us all.

regards, Marilyn.