• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Romans 1:6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul in the book of Romans addresses the members of the church as saints (1 Corinthians 14:33) and as being called.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Being called is not the receiving of a special divine sense of direction for service, but rather it is the calling to salvation by the gospel, as can be seen in 2 Thessalonians 2:14.

Here is the gospel by which we are called today:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

We are all sinners who can not save ourselves.

See Romans 3:23 Titus 3:5 Romans 5:6

Christ died for our sins; He was our substitute, He paid the full penalty and debt for our sin by his blood sacrifice.

See 2 Corinthians 5:21 Romans 3:24 Romans 3:25 Romans 3:26

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification ( to declare us righteous) and forgiveness of all our sin. He gives us His righteousness and eternal life.

See Romans 4:25 Ephesians 1:7 Romans 4:22 Romans 4:23 Romans 4:24 1 Corinthians 1:30

All we have to do is believe the gospel.

See Romans 4:5 1 Corinthians 1:21 Ephesians 1:13

Believing is being persuaded that something is true.

See Romans 4:21

The moment you believe you have eternal life.

Titus 1:1 Titus 1:2 Titus 3:7

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Believe in Jesus Christ to have provided payment for your sins and to give you eternal life. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

11 minutes ago, douge said:

Trust the gospel of your salvation. Believe in Jesus Christ to have provided payment for your sins and to give you eternal life. Place your faith in Jesus Christ, in his blood, his death and his resurrection.

what does it mean to "trust" Jesus?

I think it means doing everything Jesus said and trusting (hoping) that we are doing God's will and if not, God will reveal what his will is. To say Trust in the Lord.. doesn't really say anything bc it could mean anything. Different people interpret things differently

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

14 hours ago, createdequal said:

I think it means doing everything Jesus said and trusting (hoping) that we are doing God's will and if not, God will reveal what his will is. To say Trust in the Lord.. doesn't really say anything bc it could mean anything. Different people interpret things differently

I agree with createdequal here, yes we have to believe that the gospel is true and Jesus paid the penalty for our sins, that's step 1. We aren't supposed to stay at step 1. I also want to point out that the devils KNOW the gospel is true but they don't obey it. If they had obeyed God, in the first place, we'd still be calling them angels not devils.

Getting saved is simple for us, but living a life worthy of salvation isn't so easy. It can take decades to realize this. In every epistle it says to obey the Lord and in the 4 gospels Jesus often made it sound difficult bc it is often difficult. Becoming a Christian is easy, living as a Christian is not so easy. But with the help of the Holy Spirit and God's grace we can do it; you simply must want to do it whether it's simple or hard. So actually it's simple enough.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

17 hours ago, createdequal said:

Trusting is having the hope(certainty) and confidence in who Christ is and what he has accomplished on our behalf in providing a full complete salvation for us without our need or ability to add anything.

Edited by douge