OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Thought I would start a thread on something simplistic in nature.  Ever notice when God is moving in your life, Satan is quick to discourage you any way he can?   He may not try and stop what God is doing in your life, because he knows it will be futile.  Instead, he attacks in other areas of your life trying to cause discouragement, hoping to move the focus off what God is doing and center on what he is doing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

All the time brother, all the time.  I think that sums up the last couple decades for me.

Me, not so much until God moved me into the music ministry recently.  Within the past couple of days the furnace started making some really strange loud noises, and it was just worked on preparing for winter; the oven in our stove stopped working and our kitchen sink is completely clogged, so much that a 25' snake won't clear it ... go figure.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Thought I would start a thread on something simplistic in nature.  Ever notice when God is moving in your life, Satan is quick to discourage you any way he can?   He may not try and stop what God is doing in your life, because he knows it will be futile.  Instead, he attacks in other areas of your life trying to cause discouragement, hoping to move the focus off what God is doing and center on what he is doing.

So that's what that is!  : )          Here I thought that was me.
Times when  things are going smoothly, I think I'm on my knees a bit more often. And Praising.
I constantly am amazed how blessed I am, though a man of simple needs.
A family of believers, home and health, business and income, solid church and friends.
Weep with those that weep, rejoice with those who rejoice!  Had to get one in.
I'm sorry that I can't know when it's the devil, or just my stupidity for those rough times.
With grand kids graduating college, my wife and I have had some great and some bad experiences in our lives.
I do not know how to distinguish God the Father's pruning me, from my fault or the devil's.
But I do know for a fact, that during our young family starting out and growing up
those were some of the meanest and leanest years.  But,
Those years were beyond doubt, the years of our greatest blessings, and the greatest growth.
I suppose it was the struggles, that kept us on our knees, and grew our dependency, and faith, on our God.
For whatever reason, I do not consider the devil. I guess I focus on the true and not the counterfeit.
As God is light, all His promises are true. And there are so many, so...

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"
cool.......

15 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Me, not so much until God moved me into the music ministry recently.  Within the past couple of days the furnace started making some really strange loud noises, and it was just worked on preparing for winter; the oven in our stove stopped working and our kitchen sink is completely clogged, so much that a 25' snake won't clear it ... go figure.

By any chance, have you been praying for a little patience lately??........default_cool2.gif.9a98f422ddefaae716b49776a2d1a009.gif

Just now, Sower said:

By any chance, have you been praying for a little patience lately??........default_cool2.gif.9a98f422ddefaae716b49776a2d1a009.gif

I learned a long time ago not to pray for patience, but walk in it!  James 1:2-8  :cool:

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I learned a long time ago not to pray for patience, but walk in it!  James 1:2-8  :cool:

That's neat. But I actually took the dive and prayed for patience awhile back.
I work in my own wood shop building machine cabinet enclosures. Lots of tools and machines.
They all need regular maintenance and repair, and try to stay on top them.
Sometimes I've noticed a new shop phenomena. I call it the cascade effect.
The greater the need to get a job out and delivered,
the greater the possibility probability of machine breakage,
then, breakage of the tools needed to work on the machine breakage.
I catch my self laughing at the dilemma, and then purposefully do 'one thing at a time'
Ahhhh     patience......       

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

Not to give satan glory but sadly he is very good at his "job". So to answer your question, yep, definitely noticed that.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1. He plants doubts in our minds.

2. He also plants lies in our minds.

3. He fights against our faith.

4. He tempts us with sexual immorality.

5. He tries to cause disunity among Christians.

6. He will persecute you for your faith.

7. He tries to cripple your faith through fear.

8. He tries to sidetrack you with worldly things.

To name a few :D

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

Hi OneLight,

Just a few thoughts here. I believe the Lord is always working in our lives by His Holy Spirit to make us like Christ, day by day, hour by hour, moment by moment. As for the devil and his demons, their influence is all around and as the Holy Spirit highlights to us/me/you some area or behaviour not right then that is what I address. I don`t give the devil any credit for influencing me in my flesh. The Apostle Paul spoke of this - his fleshly nature warring against the spirit.

Thus I know it`s a battle and just get on with it - learning to walk in the Spirit.

regards, Marilyn.

Any material things not working just reveals a need for maintenance, I believe. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1