• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi OneLight,

Just a few thoughts here. I believe the Lord is always working in our lives by His Holy Spirit to make us like Christ, day by day, hour by hour, moment by moment. As for the devil and his demons, their influence is all around and as the Holy Spirit highlights to us/me/you some area or behaviour not right then that is what I address. I don`t give the devil any credit for influencing me in my flesh. The Apostle Paul spoke of this - his fleshly nature warring against the spirit.

Thus I know it`s a battle and just get on with it - learning to walk in the Spirit.

regards, Marilyn.

Any material things not working just reveals a need for maintenance, I believe. 

Yes, the Lord continues to grow us in Him daily, yet when He moves you into a ministry, Satan takes special notice since this is not a normal, every day change contributed to our daily growth.  Recognizing the enemies tactics is not giving him any credit, but recognizing what he is up to.  Ignoring him is very dangerous which is why we are instructed to be a watchman on the wall for any attacks from the enemy.  Some think we should just ignore the enemy as if he did not exist.  I don't find this idea in scripture, but just the opposite.

One thing I have learned in the many years following Christ is that Satan will use material things to try and cause one to stumble.  When something does go wrong, how we approach the issue and how we allow it to affect us is where the trial is, not the breakage of anything.  In this particular case, right after I confirmed acceptance in the ministry is when these trials began.  Is it really  a need for maintenance?  Of course it is - anything broken needs maintenance, yet I just had the furnace worked on two weeks earlier and it checked out just fine after replacing the circulation pump.   The stove is known to have a funky part that operates the ignition of the oven when preheating, so this is not new and the drain issue is something I have been ignoring, so yup, maintenance is needed.  Yet, how strange is it that all three happened all at once, right after moving into ministry.  Coincidence?  Could be, but it also could be a means to distract and discourage, especially when one walks closely with the Lord daily.  I have often found that just claiming something happening as a coincidence is one way of trying not to understand the underlining reasons, but not all "coincidences" can be traced to an underlining reason.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, OneLight said:

Thought I would start a thread on something simplistic in nature.  Ever notice when God is moving in your life, Satan is quick to discourage you any way he can?   He may not try and stop what God is doing in your life, because he knows it will be futile.  Instead, he attacks in other areas of your life trying to cause discouragement, hoping to move the focus off what God is doing and center on what he is doing.

And it is amazing that God would actually allow satan to try to distract us in other areas. I would look them as God putting these tests for our own benefit. Where is our trust? But I totally agree with you. If there are no tests and trials, that's when I would be worried about my walk with God!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

12 minutes ago, ravindran said:

And it is amazing that God would actually allow satan to try to distract us in other areas. I would look them as God putting these tests for our own benefit. Where is our trust? But I totally agree with you. If there are no tests and trials, that's when I would be worried about my walk with God!!

We all go through trials and tribulations as He chastens those whom He loves, pruning us for more growth.  While we do go through these trial, consider Job.  With all that Satan brought him through, God turned it all into a greater blessing, so shall it be with us and our trials.