IGNORED

Kindness, truth, wisdom and not being judgemental, how to manage them all?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 10/8/2019 at 12:32 PM, ohso said:

How can I be kind if I speak the truth to help someone, but at the same that truth hurts the other person?

Not so easy for anyone. The word of God has this to say about our manner of speaking.  

James 3:8 8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.  KJV

Proverbs 12:18 18There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.  KJV

Proverbs 15:4 4A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.  KJV

Proverbs 18:21 21Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.  KJV

King David mentions this prayerfully unto the Lord. 

Psalm 141:3 3Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.  KJV

We can speak blessings one moment and cursings in the very next. It takes thought into what we say well in advance before doing so. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

On 10/8/2019 at 3:32 PM, ohso said:

I have been praying about this, but still I'm struggling with this for a long time. I don't understand how can you speak the truth without sounding to the other side as having an opinion that is judgemental? How can I be kind if I speak the truth to help someone, but at the same that truth hurts the other person? How can I be wise and truthful, because doesn't wisdom sometimes includes manipulation, like not saying everything that's on your mind to someone? 

I'm really having difficulties with this four things: kindness, truth, wisdom and not being judgemental. I am making wrong choices with these virtues and it's been damaging relationships with people around me. I made so many mistakes and sins for which I repent, but it keeps on happening. I have good intentions but it all manifests into evil at the end. I would appreciate some insight. I do read the Bible, but I really don't understand because I only see this as contradicting parts unfortunately.

Thank you and God bless.

Perhaps the problem is the words being chosen.  What I would suggest is this, don't feel compelled to respond in the moment.  Take the matter to God in prayer, ask for His guidance, ask for His words, not your own. 

God bless

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 10/8/2019 at 8:32 PM, ohso said:

I have been praying about this, but still I'm struggling with this for a long time. I don't understand how can you speak the truth without sounding to the other side as having an opinion that is judgemental? How can I be kind if I speak the truth to help someone, but at the same that truth hurts the other person? How can I be wise and truthful, because doesn't wisdom sometimes includes manipulation, like not saying everything that's on your mind to someone? 

I'm really having difficulties with this four things: kindness, truth, wisdom and not being judgemental. I am making wrong choices with these virtues and it's been damaging relationships with people around me. I made so many mistakes and sins for which I repent, but it keeps on happening. I have good intentions but it all manifests into evil at the end. I would appreciate some insight. I do read the Bible, but I really don't understand because I only see this as contradicting parts unfortunately.

Thank you and God bless.

Opinions are opinions, everybody carries their own version of such things. Always speak your mind and give your insight even if it does sound judgemental. It might be what the person needs to move forward in success.