Debp

My cousin died...

My cousin, Rachel, who suffered for many years from cancer and many surgeries and treatments passed away a few days ago in Arizona.   She just turned 47.  She lived much, much longer than the doctors expected so it was really a miracle.

Please pray for her 17 year old son, Tyler, who was the reason Rachel longed to live....so she could raise him (she got cancer when he was a child).   Also, her husband, Ron, and adult daughter, Serrina.  Also, my elderly uncle Leo in Phoenix was very close to Rachel.   Rachel's parents are both deceased.

Thanks much.

• Praying for You! 18
  • Praise God! 1

Shalom Debp,

Be sure to also post your prayer request with our Worthy Prayer Team.    Simply click on the Worthy Prayer Team link, and click login and submit your prayer request!  It's that simple!

God bless,

George

• Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, IainL said:

Hi Debp. Sorry for your loss but glad that at least Rachel's suffering is over. I am praying for you and for Tyler and the rest of the family 

Thanks IainL.   It's been many years since I saw Rachel since she lived in Arizona, and I haven't been there for ages now.  But I would get updates about her from my elderly uncle Leo, who was her uncle, too.   He was more like a father to her so he felt very bad over her passing.

P.S.  Rachel had surgeries on her tongue and jaws (oral cancer) so she couldn't talk easily on the phone.

Edited by Debp
Added P.S.
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

24 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

So sorry, Deb.  Won't it be wonderful when the word cancer wil never be mentioned again?  

Father, we thank you so much for Jesus, who makes it possible to lift this precious family up to You today.  Please draw Ron, Tyler, Serrina and her husband, Uncle Leo, and Deb closer to You as they grieve their loss; comfort them with peace that only You can give, and bless them all with their best memories of Rachel and the legacy of love she fought so hard to leave behind. We ask this in Jesus' name with the help of the Spirit...  Amen. 

Serrina is single...she is in the Army.  I guess she got a leave from the service.   I'll hear more from my elderly uncle Leo when he phones.   I hadn't seen Rachel for probably 20 years but knew of her sufferings.   Actually I only met her about twice since she lived in another State.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

7 hours ago, Debp said:

Please pray for her 17 year old son, Tyler, who was the reason Rachel longed to live....so she could raise him (she got cancer when he was a child).   Also, her husband, Ron, and adult daughter, Serrina. 

I am so sorry to hear of this, Debp. I will be praying for her family, including you, that God will comfort you by His Presence and give you peace. Was this your mother's niece? Praying for her, too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2