nobleseed

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

there is a possibility that Jesus could have a son in the future.  Isiah says concerning the lord that he will see his offspring, and their are several prophesies that were not attributable to Jesus (psalm 91, also i cried out in a land with no water and the righteous man will get up from his sickbed the place were he lies).  and revelation talks about a future birth of a child who will rule with an iron sceptre and Jesus refers to him as he who overcomes.  before u dismiss this totally keep in mind that God can and often does what in not expected.  i know most will say we are his offspring and the child is Jesus but think about it, cannot he who healed the sick and raised the dead not raise for himself a son and why wouldn't he.  what if this is his plan and what if the son of man he refers to in the gospels is actually his son to come.  i just ask u all to consider this a possibility and not shut u mind to it as many do

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,464
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,757
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

4 hours ago, nobleseed said:

there is a possibility that Jesus could have a son in the future.  Isiah says concerning the lord that he will see his offspring, and their are several prophesies that were not attributable to Jesus (psalm 91, also i cried out in a land with no water and the righteous man will get up from his sickbed the place were he lies).  and revelation talks about a future birth of a child who will rule with an iron sceptre and Jesus refers to him as he who overcomes.  before u dismiss this totally keep in mind that God can and often does what in not expected.  i know most will say we are his offspring and the child is Jesus but think about it, cannot he who healed the sick and raised the dead not raise for himself a son and why wouldn't he.  what if this is his plan and what if the son of man he refers to in the gospels is actually his son to come.  i just ask u all to consider this a possibility and not shut u mind to it as many do

I believe you are reading into the TEXT what is not literally there.  

Joh 1:12  But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 
Joh 1:13  who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. 
Joh 1:14  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.59
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

God moved on from the physical to the spiritual when His Church was born.

Although natural Israel still/will play a role, His sons are now spirit born from above.

Jesus Christ is prophet, priest and king and the first of many brothers--He is nowhere depicted as a father.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, nobleseed said:

Jesus did not have a son. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

7 hours ago, nobleseed said:

there is a possibility that Jesus could have a son in the future. 

what? :huh:

On 10/10/2019 at 1:36 AM, Alive said:

God moved on from the physical to the spiritual when His Church was born.

Although natural Israel still/will play a role, His sons are now spirit born from above.

Jesus Christ is prophet, priest and king and the first of many brothers--He is nowhere depicted as a father.

actually one of the prophesies refer to him as everlasting father in Isiah.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

On 10/9/2019 at 6:54 AM, nobleseed said:

LOL. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.59
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

4 hours ago, nobleseed said:

actually one of the prophesies refer to him as everlasting father in Isiah.

Yes--of course you are right.

My mistake. I should have recalled this. I was thinking of Jesus function as savior and Head of the Church. Brother and also Husband.

On 10/14/2019 at 10:07 PM, Alive said:

Yes--of course you are right.

My mistake. I should have recalled this. I was thinking of Jesus function as savior and Head of the Church. Brother and also Husband.

i have just gone a step further and taken it literally, though we are all his children those he redeems from sin.  though i think it is possible he may have an actual son if i am right about revelation, though who is to say, i confess there is a lack of cohesive evidence and except for rev 21 7 it does not actually say he will

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The passage in Isaiah is NOT speaking of individual human fertility period !! Isaiah, in the Old Testament is using a “figure of speech” in speaking of a future event when Jesus would come enabling the gentile nations to also come to God through faith in Jesus' birth, life, death and resurrection. A marriage ceremony is a “covenant” between a man and a woman. The bible often uses this as an allegory to teach how our relationship with God is like a marriage. God is speaking in terms that we can understand and comprehend. In the Isaiah passage the allegory is of the gentile nations, who at the time of the Babylonian exile were “barren” when it came to the things of God. And of Israel who at the time is referenced as the woman who has a husband through the covenant marriage made to God so to speak at mt Sinai.

The imagery used in the Isaiah passage is pointing to the fact that there would be more gentile believers than jewish believers in the end. In revelation, John saw God's promise come true in regards to the gentiles of whom were redeemed through faith in Jesus Christ. John saw in his vision a vast multitude of people that couldn't be numbered. That vast multitude of people are people from every tribe, nation, language.

Both the Isaiah and the revelation passages are talking about God's promise of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. Isaiah was looking forward to the time when  Jesus would redeem the whole world through his death on the cross and resurrection.

Scripture was written to deal with the heart, soul and spirit of man. Our need to be reconciled back to God. The book of Revelation is NOT talking about human propagation PERIOD !!!!! To make this about human fertility, is to deny His work on the cross. God chose faith and belief as the way to heaven. The multitude of people John saw in his vision are people who have come to God through believing the gospel. When a person puts his faith in the work of Christ on the cross, the spiritual part of them is reborn. We become children of God spiritually through and by FAITH. Jesus had come into the world for the purpose of dying on the cross. His ultimate goal was to bring mankind back into right fellowship with Him.