• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

5 hours ago, nobleseed said:

i have just gone a step further and taken it literally, though we are all his children those he redeems from sin.  though i think it is possible he may have an actual son if i am right about revelation, though who is to say, i confess there is a lack of cohesive evidence and except for rev 21 7 it does not actually say he will

I don't see the need to go down that path. Your notion simply does not fit the Plan.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

If Jesus were to have children in the way you are meaning; then you, nobleseed would have nothing to look forward to. Children born by human means are heirs of human parents. According to you Jesus' children are in the future, they are not born yet. The rest of us would not be heirs either because he didn't sire us through human propagation. And in that sense, none of us would be his children. Only his  heirs have a right to the inheritance of eternal life. All who are not a child of God will not remain in God's house.

If Isaiah were speaking in the way you are saying he is, then there would have been no need for Jesus to die on the cross. There would have been no need for us as the bible commands us to be reconciled back to God. Because according to you, in the future Jesus will create children to be his heirs. In the context you are meaning, the cross is useless.

Isaiah, in the Old Testament is using a “figure of speech” in speaking of a future event when Jesus would come enabling the gentile nations to also come to God through faith in Jesus' birth, life, death and resurrection.

Scripture says we become God's children and heirs when we believe in his name and put faith in Jesus as Savior.

John 1:12, 13 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.