iamlamad

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

Where does the parable of the Tares take place in Revelation?

I wonder if it could be the 6th Trumpet judgment.

Thoughts?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0

The Parable of the Tares is the Judgment of the House of God spoken of in 1 Peter 4:17. This occurs "first". The Question is when does Judgment begin in revelation? This is why I extend the church age into the first 3.5 years of the final week for the church.

The Little scroll is the pronouncement of Judgment, while Rev. 14:7 marks the commencement of the judgment Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. (Rev 14:7) 

Seeing as the Little scroll is found after the sixth trump, and before the seventh, you are correct placing it at the time of the sixth trump. This separation of the wheat and the Tares is also alluded to in rev. 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Remember, to me anyway, plagues and tribulation are an extension of God's longsuffering towards us in the hope that they produce repentance. Judgment and wrath is final after which time you seek mercy with tears and Not find it. For ye know how that afterward, when he (Esau) would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears. (Heb. 12:17)

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

7 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Thoughts?

Shalom, iamlamad.

The parables of Matthew 13 are all about the KINGDOM! Thus, they are all to be found in the few verses of Revelation 20:1-6, particularly verse 6. (I'll separate out the quotes from Scripture in quotation blocks so one can look specifically at what I said here.)

Revelation 20:1-6 (KJV)

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ (of His Messiah), and shall reign with him a thousand years.

For more details about His reign, one must go to other passages of Scripture such as Psalm 2:1-12 and 1 Corinthians 15:20-28 as well as several of the prophecies in the Tanakh (the "Old Testament"), particularly Isaiah 60-65. Also, one can go to other parables (prophecies) of our Lord Yeshua` the Messiah:

Revelation gives us the time table of 1,000 years (which gives us the Latin name "Millennium"), but the details of His reign are summed up in 1 Corinthians 15 (recognizing that Paul is focusing on resurrections):

1 Corinthians 15:20-28 (KJV)

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order:

(0) Christ (The Messiah) the firstfruits;
(1) afterward they that are Christ's (those who belong to the Messiah) at his coming. 
24 (2) Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power

25 For he (the Messiah) must reign, till he (God the Father) hath put all enemies under his (the Messiah's) feet. 

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he (God the Father) hath put all things under his (the Messiah's) feet. [But when he saith, "all things are put under him," it is manifest that he (God the Father) is excepted, which did put all things under him (the Messiah).] 

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him (the Messiah, the Son), then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him (His Father God) that put all things under him (the Messiah), that God may be all in all.

Verse 26 corresponds to the Great White Throne Judgment of Revelation 20:11-15:

Revelation 20:11-15 (KJV)

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Verse 28 will happen at the end of the Millennium as we pass into the Eternal State of the New Earth with its capitol city, the New Jerusalem, described in Revelation 21 and 22.

Revelation 21:1-4 (KJV)

1 And I saw a new heaven (a new sky) and a new earth (a new ground): for the first heaven (the first sky) and the first earth (the first ground) were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven (out of the sky), prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice (a loud voice) out of heaven (Greek: ek tou thronou = "out of-the throne") saying,

"Behold, the tabernacle ('tent') of God is with men, and he will dwell with them ('He will tent with them'), and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

Now, if we investigate the prophecies of the Tanakh, we find:

Isaiah 59:16-60:22 (KJV)

16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor (go-between): therefore his arm brought salvation (rescue) unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.

17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation (rescue) upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance forclothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

18 According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.

19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. "When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

20 And the Redeemer (His Messiah) shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob," saith the LORD.

21 "As for me, this is my covenant with them," saith the LORD; "My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed," saith the LORD, "from henceforth and for ever.

1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.

5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.

6 The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD.

7 All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory.

8 Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?

9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.

10 And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.

11 Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought.

12 For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.

13 The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.

14 The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.

15 Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.

16 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

17 For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness.

18 Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls 'Salvation (Rescue),' and thy gates 'Praise (Tribute).'

19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.

20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.

22 A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time."

And the Psalms are almost all Messianic, particularly those written by David:

Psalm 2:1-12 (KJV)

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together (the U.N.), against the LORD, and against his anointed (His Messiah), saying,

3 "Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 "Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. 7 I will declare the decree:

'the LORD hath said unto me,

<<Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.>>'

10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little! Blessed are all they that put their trust in him."

And, of course, the Master's own words:

Luke 19:11-27 (KJV)

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. 12 He said therefore,

"A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them,
'Occupy (Do business with these) till I come.'

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying,
'We will not have this man to reign over us!' 

15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16 Then came the first, saying,
'Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.'

17 And he said unto him,
'Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.'

18 And the second came, saying,
'Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.'

19 And he said likewise to him,
'Be thou also over five cities.'

20 And another came, saying,
'Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.'

22 And he saith unto him,
'Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant! Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: 23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?'

24 And he said unto them that stood by,
'Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds!'

25 (And they said unto him,
'Lord, he hath ten pounds!'

26 'For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. 27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me!'"

These are just a few of the words we find in Scripture that ALL have to do with the coming Kingdom of the Messiah (or rather, the coming Kingdom of God administered by the Messiah, the Son of God).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

13 hours ago, dhchristian said:

The Parable of the Tares is the Judgment of the House of God spoken of in 1 Peter 4:17. This occurs "first". The Question is when does Judgment begin in revelation? This is why I extend the church age into the first 3.5 years of the final week for the church.

The Little scroll is the pronouncement of Judgment, while Rev. 14:7 marks the commencement of the judgment Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. (Rev 14:7) 

Seeing as the Little scroll is found after the sixth trump, and before the seventh, you are correct placing it at the time of the sixth trump. This separation of the wheat and the Tares is also alluded to in rev. 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Remember, to me anyway, plagues and tribulation are an extension of God's longsuffering towards us in the hope that they produce repentance. Judgment and wrath is final after which time you seek mercy with tears and Not find it. For ye know how that afterward, when he (Esau) would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears. (Heb. 12:17)

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

Shalom, dhchristian.

Sorry, but the question is NOT "when does Judgment begin in revelation?" But, rather, it is 

"when are people gathered OUT of His Kingdom, the END of the age, the time of harvest?"

Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43 (KJV)

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,

"The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him,
'Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?'

28 He said unto them,
'An enemy hath done this.'

The servants said unto him,
'Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?'

29 But he said,
'Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers,
<<Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.>>'

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying,

"Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field."

37 He answered and said unto them,

"He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 
38 The field is the world (Greek: kosmos = "world-system of government");
the good seed are the children of the kingdom;
but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil;
the harvest is the end of the world (Greek: aioonos = "age");
and the reapers are the angels. 

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world (Greek: aioonos = "age"). 41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom (Greek: ek tees basileias autou = "out of-the kingdom of-him") all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.

Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."

One should compare this parable against the information provided in 1 Corinthians 15:28. (See above in the last post.)

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

16 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Thoughts?

No clue which parable you mean, there isn't one called that.  :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, dhchristian.

Sorry, but the question is NOT "when does Judgment begin in revelation?" But, rather, it is 

"when are people gathered OUT of His Kingdom, the END of the age, the time of harvest?"

Same thing Roy, The gathering is the vindication of the Saints and the Judgment of the tares. The Wilderness is the time of separation. If you read Revelation 14, you will see the harvests there. This is also the last time the endurance of the Saints is mentioned. 

Vindicate me, O L ORD ,
for I have walked in my integrity,
and I have trusted in the L ORD without wavering. (Psalm 26:1, ESV)

7 hours ago, wingnut- said:

No clue which parable you mean, there isn't one called that.  :noidea:

For sure this is one answer I never expected. Leave it to Wingnut to surprise me.

Matthew 13:24-13:30 Even Google knew. Any concordance would have "tares." However, other translations might have "weeds" instead of tares.

2 hours ago, iamlamad said:

For sure this is one answer I never expected. Leave it to Wingnut to surprise me.

Matthew 13:24-13:30 Even Google knew. Any concordance would have "tares." However, other translations might have "weeds" instead of tares.

I don't use google ever :laugh:   Biblegateway didn't have a clue, under several different translations.

That one is fairly easy though, it occurs at the end of the age just prior to the great white throne judgement.

God bless

2 hours ago, wingnut- said:

I don't use google ever :laugh:   Biblegateway didn't have a clue, under several different translations.

That one is fairly easy though, it occurs at the end of the age just prior to the great white throne judgement.

God bless

In other words, it is not shown in Revelation . Is this what you are saying? 
Google is my best friend!

Just now, iamlamad said:

In other words, it is not shown in Revelation . Is this what you are saying? 
Google is my best friend!

Yes, it is shown in Revelation.

Revelation 14:14 Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and seated on the cloud one like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head, and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 And another angel came out of the temple, calling with a loud voice to him who sat on the cloud, “Put in your sickle, and reap, for the hour to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is fully ripe.” 16 So he who sat on the cloud swung his sickle across the earth, and the earth was reaped.

17 Then another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. 18 And another angel came out from the altar, the angel who has authority over the fire, and he called with a loud voice to the one who had the sharp sickle, “Put in your sickle and gather the clusters from the vine of the earth, for its grapes are ripe.” 19 So the angel swung his sickle across the earth and gathered the grape harvest of the earth and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. 20 And the winepress was trodden outside the city, and blood flowed from the winepress, as high as a horse's bridle, for 1,600 stadia.

God bless