Coliseum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ." Eph 3:8.

We never find gold on top of the water, but we must search for it at the bottom of the sea. An individual who is self-centered is "loud, cheap, and empty." Empty cans chatter and jostle and clang about on the surface of the water, always wanting to be "known." Be like Paul who was satisfied to be less than the least. 

We put our best foot forward; we want to be right. We want respect. We want to be known as intellects and thinkers and have others cheer our importance. And if we are honest, our flesh needs this, but the Spirit says otherwise. The good we do for others in secret is what God delights in. Others may accuse us, saying, "What have you done for anyone"? It is enough only that I have done well in God's eyes. It is not for me to know why God chose Judas to betray him, but only to ask, "Why me Lord"? "I am less than the least."

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Coliseum said:

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ." Eph 3:8.

We never find gold on top of the water, but we must search for it at the bottom of the sea. An individual who is self-centered is "loud, cheap, and empty." Empty cans chatter and jostle and clang about on the surface of the water, always wanting to be "known." Be like Paul who was satisfied to be less than the least. 

We put our best foot forward; we want to be right. We want respect. We want to be known as intellects and thinkers and have others cheer our importance. And if we are honest, our flesh needs this, but the Spirit says otherwise. The good we do for others in secret is what God delights in. Others may accuse us, saying, "What have you done for anyone"? It is enough only that I have done well in God's eyes. It is not for me to know why God chose Judas to betray him, but only to ask, "Why me Lord"? "I am less than the least."

Coliseum,  those who are really born of God/again/saved are led by the Spirit of God [Romans 8:14]; because these "led by the Holy Spirit" true Christians, have been really given the (Holy) "Spirit of Sonship"{Childship}[Romans 8:15 RSV](I've just learned the true meaning of Romans 14-15 this week :-] .)  He will change our natural heart of pride - only if we are truly His. ( saying for new Christians across the globe really-I know you certainly know this,Coliseum)

That said, when we see the Bible's Jude 1:3 say "contend(say strongly something for a position in an argument) for the faith earnestly", there is vigour and skill implied I think, doesn't it?. Brilliant Protestant defenders of the  Christian faith like James C. Maxwell(we live in the modern electronic age primarily because of the Christian scientist and apologist, Maxwell) and today's Dr. Gary Habermas , were very gentle and  humble in their hearts, but ferociously with erudition and kindness, and  respect, contended for Christ's Gospel. Yet as you clearly imply,  we can understand that everybody  on earth is absolutely  stupid ,including ourselves, or the brightest theologian or Nobel-winning scientist, compared to the omniscient Lord God, Jesus Christ. But maybe I and others seem a bit noisy but only because in the words of Tom Petty:" You can stand me up at the Gates of Hell but I (We )won't back down." 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 10/9/2019 at 12:39 PM, Coliseum said:

Good post brother, I enjoyed reading it. :thumbsup:

• Praise God! 1